PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Christian church with spirit-filled music

blube
02-06-2014, 09:08 PM
Any suggestions would be appreciated

dillywho
02-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Come to Fairway Christian Church on Saturdays at 6:00 p.m. There is also a Sunday morning service that is the same, but I'm not sure of the time because we go to the Saturday service. You will definitely receive a warm welcome. Our ministers are awesome and very musically talented, too!

Riachka
02-06-2014, 09:40 PM
If you are looking for a church with GREAT Spirit filled Praise & Worship, powerful preaching and people that are friendly and welcoming, come to United Community Fellowship, 5688 E. SR44, Wildwood. We are located just out side of Brownwood in the Villages, on 44, just east of Buena Vista Dr. The Church is tucked behind a smaller building out front. Service is 10 AM Sunday mornings.

RETIREDSFW
02-06-2014, 11:20 PM
The first baptist church at the villages has a great music ministry. Services are 9 am & 11 am on sunday. The choir (approx. 85 members) is at the 9:00 service & band at 11:00 service. We are located at the end of buena vista blvd on hwy 42. Come join us.

Bay Kid
02-07-2014, 08:50 AM
First Baptist Church at The Villages. Great music, great pastor and the nicest people around. It will be a pleasure.

kittygilchrist
02-09-2014, 05:32 PM
I know Sandra, retiredsfw, above, to be a wonderful, warm person so what she says means a lot to me.
I'm going to Grace Tabernacle. It has revolutionized my life. For anyone who hungers and thirsts, I hope you will come.
http://www.gracetab.org
the site allows you to listen to a message from the pastor...

Culvers2Villages
02-09-2014, 05:42 PM
After attending 2 other different churches here over the past 10 years... We have settled at Grace Tabernacle. I loved the other churches, the people and Pastors... but, Grace is the only church around that we have found that doesn't have a 1 hour time limit to their service. The Pastors truly seek the heart of God in our services during the Anointed Worship and Preaching Time... Join us... We would love to have you.
Hwy 468 off of Hwy 44.

DianeM
02-09-2014, 06:58 PM
Deleted

villager
02-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Unity of The Villages!

baileysdad
02-09-2014, 08:12 PM
We changed from St. Tim's to FAIRWAY....love it

kittygilchrist
02-09-2014, 08:15 PM
After attending 2 other different churches here over the past 10 years... We have settled at Grace Tabernacle. I loved the other churches, the people and Pastors... but, Grace is the only church around that we have found that doesn't have a 1 hour time limit to their service. The Pastors truly seek the heart of God in our services during the Anointed Worship and Preaching Time... Join us... We would love to have you.
Hwy 468 off of Hwy 44.

I know your love, and I'm curious what has GT meant for your own walk with Jesus?
I don't really care about the length of service either, because I'm sitting there with an anointed celebration of God and a pastor telling the truth that changes me from glory to glory. I know why you said that. It's because you stopped looking at your watch. I did too. It's the holiest place and I wish I could just stay there.
K.

Dafoe
02-09-2014, 08:51 PM

We love The Father's House in Leedsburg. The music is very contemporary and praise filled. The focus is applying Christ's teaching in our everyday life. If you are looking for a place -not to retire to - sitting back and being entertained, then this isn't the church for you. But if you are looking for a place to re-fire, re-fresh and become involved... then this vibrant intergenerational and multiracial community might be the right place for you. ps. ... the music team really rocks, so if you are looking for Gaithers type music I suggest the Baptist church. :)

Good luck in your search! Blessings:ho:

Sable99
02-09-2014, 10:02 PM
When Mom and I are in TV we attend The Village of Faith Baptist Church. We love the Gaither style music. I believe the pastor used to be in a gospel quartet and can he play the piano!

kittygilchrist
02-10-2014, 03:51 PM
When Mom and I are in TV we attend The Village of Faith Baptist Church. We love the Gaither style music. I believe the pastor used to be in a gospel quartet and can he play the piano!

Marilyn! I know you too. God lets me meet wonderful friends. I love Gaither style music too...it was contemporary when Jesus found me! Grace Tab combines hymns with contemporary. Another reason I like it is because I can't sit still and I don't have to...LOL.
I hope you'll be back soon and permanent very quickly.
Kitty aka I'm a Marilyn too...

Sable99
02-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Marilyn! I know you too. God lets me meet wonderful friends. I love Gaither style music too...it was contemporary when Jesus found me! Grace Tab combines hymns with contemporary. Another reason I like it is because I can't sit still and I don't have to...LOL.
I hope you'll be back soon and permanent very quickly.
Kitty aka I'm a Marilyn too...

We won't be there soon enough for me! I am so tired of all of this snow! It looks like we may be coming down in May. We haven't set a date yet.

BigB46
02-13-2014, 05:34 PM
We changed from St. Tim's to FAIRWAY....love it

Did you try St. Mark the Evangelist on 42? Awesome!!

Deanna
02-13-2014, 07:45 PM
Calvery Chapel of The Villages

bachfan
02-13-2014, 07:51 PM
Village View is also a great church. Very friendly! Great praise and worship.

boom757
03-15-2014, 11:09 PM

Village of Faith Baptist Church is located on Route 462. Excellent pastor (Rev. Ron Pledger) who preaches from the Bible; and gospel music that is fantastic! Very friendly congregation which makes you feel at home!

dancer777315
03-17-2014, 09:49 PM
I have been attending Grace Tabernacle on Rte 468 in Wildwood for almost 5 years and have been blessed with wonderful anointed worship and teachings by Pastors Terry Wilkerson and Gary Washburn.

Happy Man
04-20-2014, 05:07 PM
Try Grace Tabernacle ion highway 468.

SantaClaus
04-20-2014, 05:34 PM
I don't mean to be catty, but are you interested in spirited music, or Spirit-filled worship? I submit that there is a substantial difference. The Spirit blesses the preaching of the word of God. While music may move us, only the word (and the Word) can change us. Style should always be subordinate to substance, unless the goal is entertainment. Just some food for thought.

kittygilchrist
04-20-2014, 07:15 PM
I don't mean to be catty, but are you interested in spirited music, or Spirit-filled worship? I submit that there is a substantial difference. The Spirit blesses the preaching of the word of God. While music may move us, only the word (and the Word) can change us. Style should always be subordinate to substance, unless the goal is entertainment. Just some food for thought.

Santa, in a sense, you are right that the word preached or read is the most likely way to get an experience that makes a life-changing difference. In my life, there is no limit to how God may gently speak to me. It may be circumstances, or Godly advice, or a still small voice as I'm listening to Him, or in my prayers.

I do get the point though, that entertainment is not the purpose.

I can't help it that I am giddy about heavenly entertainment, with pearl gates and jewels everywhere and a rainbow around the throne and angels crying holy holy holy. and harpers and new songs and beasts and whoa! the King of Kings sitting on the throne! That's the substance of things hoped for.

You PM me when you are about to come here. If I can help you and Mrs. Claus get oriented and comfortable, I'm happy to do so.

DougB
04-20-2014, 08:15 PM

The OP asked for spirit filled MUSIC. And, the goal of music in worship is not entertainment. For many, the purpose of worship in music is to bring glory to God. Worshipping through song glorifies God and prepares our hearts for hearing the Word preached.
P.S. Please don't put me on your naughty list!

kittygilchrist
04-20-2014, 08:27 PM
Hey Doug. Yep, worship and preparing the heart and bringing glory to God.
Some kind of mystery in how music alters the heart, mind and spirit. It takes great football or a 5 star movie to entertain me, otherwise I want to be an active participant.
I guess that's what "spirit-filled music" might mean to the OP...where you feel free to use your body to express praise, raising your hands, saying hallelujah, dancing.
Maybe the OP will see this and let us know.

trenbarg12
04-20-2014, 08:32 PM
3 miles north of 42... there is Village View community church... 5 services and about 2500 attending. It also has young people in the church... something that we liked to see. just google it...

SantaClaus
04-20-2014, 08:44 PM
My only point is that scripture promises that the Spirit will bless the preaching of the word of God, that the word is active and powerful, that the word is infallible. The centrality of the preaching of the word should be the primary criterion for choosing which services to attend, IMHO.

kittygilchrist
04-20-2014, 09:19 PM
My only point is that scripture promises that the Spirit will bless the preaching of the word of God, that the word is active and powerful, that the word is infallible. The centrality of the preaching of the word should be the primary criterion for choosing which services to attend, IMHO.

I missed the point, which is well taken and most heartily cheered.
:a040::coolsmiley::agree::pepper2:

Pastor Gary said last week that it goes with his calling as a minister to wait upon God twice a week, with no let down, to hear fresh and clear what God would say through him for that moment to speak.

Grace Tabernacle Where Grace Happens (http://www.gracetab.org)
You can listen to messages under messages, podcast, but it's better to be there.
GT is a sponsor, by the way, under churches.

DougB
04-20-2014, 09:31 PM
My only point was no one asked to be "preached" criterion for choosing a service. All that was asked was a suggestion for a Christian church with spirit-filled music. To each his own. Although, I will bow out and let the OP speak for him/herself if he/she so wishes. blube, I hope you find what you are searching for. Peace!

kittygilchrist
04-20-2014, 10:22 PM
My only point was no one asked to be "preached" criterion for choosing a service. All that was asked was a suggestion for a Christian church with spirit-filled music. To each his own. Although, I will bow out and let the OP speak for him/herself if he/she so wishes. blube, I hope you find what you are searching for. Peace!

Doug, you are also right. U do music at your church?

DougB
04-20-2014, 10:40 PM
Doug, you are also right. U do music at your church?

I did for about six years in Melbourne. Haven't yet since buying in TV.

Villageshooter
04-20-2014, 11:22 PM
3 miles north of 42... there is Village View community church... 5 services and about 2500 attending. It also has young people in the church... something that we liked to see. just google it...

we love it at village view great have complete church with young people around, an lots of life! they encourage fellowship before an after service with a wonderful spread of food to enjoy and meet other folks.