PDA

View Full Version : St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church

gemorc
01-12-2008, 11:44 PM
Has anyone attended mass at St. Mark's in Summerfield, FL? I have been to St. Timothy's, and it is just too crowded. The mass schedule is convenient, I was just wondering about getting a seat.

susie
01-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Trick to getting a seat at St Mark's is to get there early. The 6 Saturday evening mass isn't too bad, & I hear the 4 Sunday afternoon is pretty sparsely attended. I've belonged to St Mark's since its inception, & it's a great church--except for the music. But we all have different tastes, don't we!

henryconnie
01-18-2008, 08:23 PM
12 o'clock Sunday is not too bad. I've noticed people coming in and finding seats up to 11:50. And Sunday 4pm is really not at all crowded. You'll like this church, and the priests. Try it for a few weeks. :welcome:

SALYBOW
04-15-2010, 12:01 AM
Susie, What kind of music do they have at St. Mark's? To me music is also very important to my ability to worship. :laugh:

johnfarr
04-15-2010, 05:39 AM
These posts are old (except the last)!

St Mark's 660 seat hall was originally built by St Timothy's in 2005 to be a mission church, with Masses to be said by St Timothy's priests.

Rather than it being run as a mission Church, The Bishop of the Orlando Diocese recruited the Pauline Fathers to run this Church. The little hall was full as soon as it opened.

The Pauline order is based in Poland and has a shrine in Doylestown, PA http://www.czestochowa.us/. They operate several parishes in the US (Chicago, Buffalo, Yonkers, etc.). In December, 2009 St Mark parishioners opened a beautiful 1,900+ seat church. Since the opening there has hardly ever a standee at any of the 5 weekend Masses - even Christmas and Easter.

There is a choir loft with a new top-of-the-line organ. Nancy Kiser heads the music ministry and I feel does an excellent job. The choir usually sings at the 10:00 am Mass on Sunday, but they have been away lately.

There is even a Polish language Mass once a month.

We love our Church!

For more info: http://www.stmarkrcc.com/