PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Springs church bldg

Gshepherd
05-21-2008, 03:27 AM
Was visiting in March and went inside a beautiful church in the center of Spanish Springs. I was surprised to see many signs listing plays etc..but nothing about church services. ??? Is this a place of worship or just a church-like building used for other purposes? :dontknow: If there are services, what denomination is it? It is truly a work of art! But, is God there?

aln
05-21-2008, 03:33 AM
It's primarily an entertainment venue BUT occasionally it is used for weddings, anniversaries etc.
And.... GOD is everywhere!

macapecod
05-21-2008, 03:42 AM
There is a nondenominational service at noon on Sundays, which has great music. They rotate clergy from the surrounding Churches to come in and preach the sermon, so you get a variety of views and a mix of denominations. We really enjoy the service, although we also do visit the churches in the area, but haven't found one we want to join.

The building is used a lot for music and has some wonderful concerts - some are free and some have a charge.

Taltarzac
05-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Here is a link for that church http://www.thevillages.com/lifestyle/churchOnTheSquare.asp which is Church on the Square.

You will have to cut and paste as for some reason links to Villages official web-sites do not seem to activate from within the TOTV site.

Gshepherd
05-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Just wanted to say hello to someone I assume (by your sn) is also from Massachusetts! We are from Western MA, Springfield area but,
I have several relatives who do live on the cape. We hope to make TV our permanent home soon. After so many years here we've had it with the long winters. So, again, thank you for your answer to my query about the church in Spanish Springs.
Happy to make your acquaintance!

mfp509
05-22-2008, 01:31 AM
Hi Gshepherd
Glad to hear you will be coming to TV - I'm sure you will love it here. I am from Enfield, CT and moved here almost 5 yrs ago. Best move I've ever made. I don't miss the winters - I miss the first snowfall but that's it.