PDA

View Full Version : Scientology

LittleDog
02-24-2016, 08:24 AM
I am reading a very interesting book on Scientology called "Beyond Belief: My secret life inside Scientology" by Jenna Miscavige Hill. I makes we wonder. I would assume with a population of over 100,000 that there are Scientologists here. I also would assume that the closest church would be in Orlando. In any case I'm just curious. By the way the author is the niece of the present head of the church, David Miscavige.

John

Taltarzac725
02-24-2016, 08:34 AM
I am reading a very interesting book on Scientology called "Beyond Belief: My secret life inside Scientology" by Jenna Miscavige Hill. I makes we wonder. I would assume with a population of over 100,000 that there are Scientologists here. I also would assume that the closest church would be in Orlando. In any case I'm just curious. By the way the author is the niece of the present head of the church, David Miscavige.

John

There seems to be one in Ocala. http://www.scientologynews.org/press-releases/grand-opening-scientology-ideal-mission-opens-ocala.html Founded by the Travoltas, no less, in May 2011.

golfing eagles
02-24-2016, 08:43 AM
No comment

dbussone
02-24-2016, 09:12 AM

John

I believe Clearwater, FL is the home location (or mother church, if you will) of Scientology.

Taltarzac725
02-24-2016, 09:41 AM
I believe Clearwater, FL is the home location (or mother church, if you will) of Scientology.

Actually it is in Los Angeles. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Scientology

graciegirl
02-24-2016, 09:47 AM
No comment

Et moi aussi.

dbussone
02-24-2016, 09:54 AM
Actually it is in Los Angeles. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Scientology

"Clearwater is the Spiritual Headquarters of Scientology".

Scientology/Church of Scientology Clearwater, Florida (http://scientology.fso.org/)

dbussone
02-24-2016, 09:56 AM
Et moi aussi.

mais pourquoi pas?

Taltarzac725
02-24-2016, 10:19 AM
"Clearwater is the Spiritual Headquarters of Scientology".

Scientology/Church of Scientology Clearwater, Florida (http://scientology.fso.org/)

You do see a lot of these people in downtown Clearwater. I talked to a reporter from their Freedom magazine Investigative Journalism Stories & Articles 2015 | Freedom Magazine (http://www.freedommag.org/) probably around 2003 or 2004 but decided I did not want them to do a story on my 224 613 Project and some of the hurdles thrown at me in 1991 and 2000 which do fit in with their antagonism towards psychiatry. I do believe that some unscrupulous people will do anything to win and that includes using the mental health system as a weapon. But, I do not share the Scientologist's general attack on the use of drugs to help people with mental illness or with other problems. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_and_psychiatry

I was e-mailing everyone I could think of back in the early 2000s which included the Freedom magazine. The reporter was responding to one of these.

The Scientologist reporter was calling from Los Angeles.

I like wise solutions to problems that meet with the complexity of the real world and do not paint things with very broad brushes. If you want to see why I was doing all that Google Taltarzac725. It should explain things but will take some effort for people to understand what was going on.

I thought that the Scientologists would put a huge spin on what I told the reporter that would be at cross purposes of what I was trying to do and still am with this 224 613 Project.

golfing eagles
02-24-2016, 10:27 AM
OK, someone has to say this: WHO CARES?

Maybe when they actually find alien DNA in our genome, I'll change my mind

Taltarzac725
02-24-2016, 10:30 AM

Cannot say that I have ever met a Scientologist in the Villages.

Your alien DNA comment sounds like the latest X-Files episode.

Do Scientologists believe in aliens? - Scientology Myths (http://www.scientologymyths.info/aliens/do-scientologists-believe-in-aliens.php)

dbussone
02-24-2016, 10:31 AM

Or Rod Serling's DNA, maybe?

graciegirl
02-24-2016, 10:31 AM
mais pourquoi pas?

Je ne sais pas. Je suis blonde.

Taltarzac725
02-24-2016, 10:41 AM

Tu es amusante. :clap2:

golfing eagles
02-24-2016, 10:44 AM
Cannot say that I have ever met a Scientologist in the Villages.

Your alien DNA comment sounds like the latest X-Files episode.

Do Scientologists believe in aliens? - Scientology Myths (http://www.scientologymyths.info/aliens/do-scientologists-believe-in-aliens.php)

It does. But that is the premise of scientology, that the "special" people are descended from an alien race and that is why they are more successful, better looking, etc. A self-declared mutual admiration society, with deep pockets.

Taltarzac725
02-24-2016, 10:48 AM
It does. But that is the premise of scientology, that the "special" people are descended from an alien race and that is why they are more successful, better looking, etc. A self-declared mutual admiration society, with deep pockets.

Well some of the Scientologists hanging around Clearwater were attractive in their uniforms. Not enough to make me want to join though.

How bad are Scientologists in Clearwater? (Dunedin, Plant City: buy, live, dangerous) - Tampa Bay - Florida (FL) -Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Page 3 - City-Data Forum (http://www.city-data.com/forum/tampa-bay/1283563-how-bad-scientologists-clearwater-3.html)

LittleDog
02-24-2016, 11:21 AM
Well some of the Scientologists hanging around Clearwater were attractive in their uniforms. Not enough to make me want to join though.

How bad are Scientologists in Clearwater? (Dunedin, Plant City: buy, live, dangerous) - Tampa Bay - Florida (FL) -Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Page 3 - City-Data Forum (http://www.city-data.com/forum/tampa-bay/1283563-how-bad-scientologists-clearwater-3.html)

They're members of Sea Org that wear those uniforms.

John

RickeyD
02-24-2016, 11:40 AM

The Neanderthal's could have been aliens ?

golfing eagles
02-24-2016, 12:00 PM
The Neanderthal's could have been aliens ?

Nah, they became extinct 45,000 years ago---we are descended from Cro Magnons

Taltarzac725
02-24-2016, 12:16 PM
They're members of Sea Org that wear those uniforms.

John

They seemed to be wearing different outfits back in the late 1990s and early 2000s when I lived near Clearwater in Palm Harbor. Not the Sea Org full dress uniforms.

This is an interesting article on Scientologists from Rolling Stone Inside Scientology | Rolling Stone (http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/inside-scientology-20110208)

RickeyD
02-24-2016, 12:16 PM
Nah, they became extinct 45,000 years ago---we are descended from Cro Magnons

Cold Spring has identified we in fact do have Neanderthal DNA. They didn't go extinct as previously thought, we made love instead. Northern Italy is the epicenter of the most Neanderthal DNA within our present species.

graciegirl
02-24-2016, 12:34 PM
Cold Spring has identified we in fact do have Neanderthal DNA. They didn't go extinct as previously thought, we made love instead. Northern Italy is the epicenter of the most Neanderthal DNA within our present species.

I have been wondering about this for a good while. You know, that makes sense.

RickeyD
02-24-2016, 12:36 PM
I have been wondering about this for a good while. You know, that makes sense.

Yep, the Neanderthals weren't stupid at all, just different.

graciegirl
02-24-2016, 01:06 PM
Yep, the Neanderthals weren't stupid at all, just different.

People say that about me a lot.

rubicon
02-24-2016, 01:30 PM

Actually that is the one premise of scientology that holds a plausible explanation for this so called missing link in man's evolution that scientist speak. It would invalidate evolution theories as we understand them now. I mean we are approaching the ability to craft designer babies, Not so far fetched??

The rest of scientology can be termed ocular rectitis

dbussone
02-24-2016, 01:41 PM

Et vous êtes très beau

RickeyD
02-24-2016, 01:56 PM
No comment

Not even a lobster one ?

chuckinca
02-24-2016, 02:29 PM
We had a dentist in the SF Bay area who was a Scientologist. He sent his two young daughters, 12 & 14, to live in the Sea Org in LA in the mid 90's. They could still be there (?).

He would hire temporary dentists to handle his office while he was at "Flag" in Clearwater for months at a time getting plumbed up with the program - believe they called it being "audited".

He recruited a number of his office staff into becoming Scientologists.

jnieman
02-24-2016, 03:43 PM
We had a dentist in the SF Bay area who was a Scientologist. He sent his two young daughters, 12 & 14, to live in the Sea Org in LA in the mid 90's. They could still be there (?).

He would hire temporary dentists to handle his office while he was at "Flag" in Clearwater for months at a time getting plumbed up with the program - believe they called it being "audited".

He recruited a number of his office staff into becoming Scientologists.

I read Leah Rimini's book called "Troublemaker" about her lifelong experience with Scientology. Very eye-opening.

golfing eagles
02-24-2016, 04:08 PM
Not even a lobster one ?

OK. I'd rather have a lobster over to my house for dinner than a scientologist:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

golfing eagles
02-24-2016, 04:17 PM
Actually that is the one premise of scientology that holds a plausible explanation for this so called missing link in man's evolution that scientist speak. It would invalidate evolution theories as we understand them now. I mean we are approaching the ability to craft designer babies, Not so far fetched??

The rest of scientology can be termed ocular rectitis

That and all the other "ancient alien" stuff sounds plausible, but you first have to get by general relativity since realistically it all depends on travelling much faster than light. Either it is possible in a linear fashion (warp speed), or wormholes are traversable by life forms, or it is possible to fold space-time. In all cases, the power curve might be unattainable, unless there is a way to tap into zero point energy or negate dark energy, and even then you have to deal with inertia. That technology is probably thousands, if not millions of years beyond us.
Then all you have to do is explain why the aliens made themselves known to our ancestors to the point that they were worshipped as gods, but are reluctant to reveal themselves to modern man. Or even why bother with us at all. As Mr. Spock said in one episode, they are probably as far beyond us on the evolutionary scale as we are above an amoeba.

Nucky
02-24-2016, 04:54 PM

That leaves me out. My mom did tell me I was special.

RickeyD
02-24-2016, 05:12 PM

///

Carl in Tampa
02-24-2016, 06:36 PM
I am unwilling to devote any attention to a "religion" that was created by a professional author of Science Fiction.

:1rotfl:

golfing eagles
02-24-2016, 06:52 PM
I am unwilling to devote any attention to a "religion" that was created by a professional author of Science Fiction.

Not only that, but "Battlefield:Earth" $ucked

dbussone
02-24-2016, 08:37 PM

And I don't recall Dianetics among either the Old or New Testaments.

RickeyD
02-24-2016, 08:47 PM
Y'all a bunch of heathens !

PennBF
02-25-2016, 08:15 AM
"There is one [sucker] born everyday??":ohdear:

Topspinmo
02-25-2016, 08:03 PM

Ah, wouldn't you have to find alien first and second get some DNA? Just asking :1rotfl:

Taltarzac725
02-25-2016, 10:40 PM
Ah, wouldn't you have to find alien first and second get some DNA? Just asking :1rotfl:

You do have to know what it looks like. Maybe it is sea urchin. Sea Urchin Genome Reveals Striking Similarities to Humans (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/11/061109-sea-urchins.html)

rubicon
02-26-2016, 06:07 AM
You do have to know what it looks like. Maybe it is sea urchin. Sea Urchin Genome Reveals Striking Similarities to Humans (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/11/061109-sea-urchins.html)

Tal: Man has finally learned sophisticated ways for mining big data on a continuum. Now the task of arranging and interpreting this data into accurate and useful findings. Every single technical device, phone,car, computer, etc collects data.

What we saw as science fiction in our youth is a reality today.

My only regret is that I will not be around as man continues to uncover the universe's secrets. My only concern here is that scientist do not compromise their integrity for the sake of fame because it will only result in lack of trust to the entire community of scientists.