PDA

View Full Version : American Idol?

Pages : [1] 2 3

chelsea24
02-12-2009, 09:22 AM
OK, I'll admit it. I'm an American Idol freak! :popcorn: And I know there are more of you out there!

What are you all thinking aboout the way this season's shaping up? With funny man Nick/Norman (all though I really do like this guy and he CAN sing!) And the other kid (the drama queen, can't think of his name) and last but now least, Tatiana! Wow, do I want to wring her screeching little neck! :boxing2:
But, begrudgingly I have to admit she has a very, very good voice. Sigh.

No one so far has taken my breath away, but then again, we haven't seen much singing! And what's with these "emotional" heart-tugging stories thrown in? There seems to be more and more of them.

But, I do get hooked on the show, so I know I'll watch the entire season. Now if you want to see something that takes your breath away, watch this video, sent to me by Rhonda, of this 6 year old girl (appearing on Britain's Got Talent) This video is amazing. Trust me, every note is perfection. Connie Talbot is simply stunning.

http://www.tagtele.com/videos/voir/7383/1/

http://www.tagtele.com/videos/voir/19214/1/

Taltarzac
02-12-2009, 09:40 AM
OK, I'll admit it. I'm an American Idol freak! :popcorn: And I know there are more of you out there!

What are you all thinking aboout the way this season's shaping up? With funny man Nick/Norman (all though I really do like this guy and he CAN sing!) And the other kid (the drama queen, can't think of his name) and last but now least, Tatiana! Wow, do I want to wring her screeching little neck! :boxing2:
But, begrudgingly I have to admit she has a very, very good voice. Sigh.

No one so far has taken my breath away, but then again, we haven't seen much singing! And what's with these "emotional" heart-tugging stories thrown in? There seems to be more and more of them.

There was one disqualification from the Top 36 though. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joanna_Pacitti

But, I do get hooked on the show, so I know I'll watch the entire season. Now if you want to see something that takes your breath away, watch this video, sent to me by Rhonda, of this 6 year old girl (appearing on Britain's Got Talent) This video is amazing. Trust me, every note is perfection. Connie Talbot is simply stunning.

http://www.tagtele.com/videos/voir/7383/1/

http://www.tagtele.com/videos/voir/19214/1/

Here is a list of the top 36 contestants. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idol_(season_8)

I do not have any favorites yet but with some I do wonder what the judges were thinking about putting various people in and pushing others to come back in another season.

There was one disqualification though from the Top 36. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joanna_Pacitti

Russ_Boston
02-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Article with one man's opinion of the top 36: http://blogs.courant.com/roger_catlin_tv_eye/2009/02/handicapping-the-top-36-on-ido.html

Other good links on the right hand side of the article.

GatbTester
02-12-2009, 09:11 PM
I think it would be cool for the producers to put on an American Idol centered around seniors.

cylvita
02-12-2009, 09:17 PM
My daughter tried out in season 2. I went with her to the auditions. They treated the kids like cattle and they were VERY rude. I never watchd it after being there. If you were ever a part of it, you wouldn't either seeing what goes on behind the scenes. Perhaps it has changed since then but it is doubtful. They'd do and say anything for a laugh or ratings at the expense of those poor kids who's dreams were shattered. They'd insult the kids just to get a reaction that would be good on TV.

Taltarzac
02-13-2009, 09:23 AM
My daughter tried out in season 2. I went with her to the auditions. They treated the kids like cattle and they were VERY rude. I never watchd it after being there. If you were ever a part of it, you wouldn't either seeing what goes on behind the scenes. Perhaps it has changed since then but it is doubtful. They'd do and say anything for a laugh or ratings at the expense of those poor kids who's dreams were shattered. They'd insult the kids just to get a reaction that would be good on TV.

I cannot see how they could audition the numbers (100,000 + in 8 or so cities each season) they usually throw out without just catering to ratings.

I heard that most of the people who audition at American Idol never actually see Paula, Randy, Simon and whomever the other judge(s) may be, but meet with representatives who give these people maybe 30 seconds to show what they can do. Then, if you make it past the representatives, you stand in front of the judges. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idol

sandybill2
02-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Disney World's Hollywood Studios now has a new attraction called "The Idol Experience." They have a stage with judges, each spectator seat has buttons that you push to vote for your favorite. They have auditions on a daily basis. I think there are 3 shows during the day and the last one around 7:00 has all the winners during the day performing again. Whoever wins gets a "ticket" to bypass all the lines at an actual American Idol audition. We were at Disney a few months ago and we saw Jordan Sparks making a music video on the streets of Hollywood Studios that they show during the "Experience" . Great attraction for us Idol fans. As far as my favorite contestant this season--haven't really made up my mind yet.

Russ_Boston
02-13-2009, 10:10 AM
Of course they need to treat them like cattle - with 60K - 100K tryouts at each city - do the math.

And of course they can't all sit in front of Simon and the others. Not enough time in the day.

Are some people made sport of? Again, of course! But if you count those that are 'featured' either in a positive or negative light they represent less than 1/10 of 1% of the hopefuls. A few have made a career of being made sport of (William Hung for example). Most contestants just move through the line, sit in front of some 'talent scout' for a song snippet and are sent packing. No cameras, no interviews, nothing. Does that sound like your experience Cylvita?

beady
02-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Oh dear...I am confessing...I watch the show religiously...addicted to be sure. :evil6:
I heard someone of the final 36 was replaced, disqualified because she had a previous record contract......

Russ_Boston
02-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Not a previous record contract because that is allowed. In fact a few of the 36 have had previous deals.

The problem was some sort of conflict with Nineteen Records which is the producer of Idol.

Follow the link I gave above for more info.

collie1228
02-13-2009, 12:49 PM
We really love A.I. and look forward to each season. In fact, I play in a golf league on Tuesday evenings, and I always leave the 19th hole early (much to my fellow league members' surprise) so I can catch A.I. at 8:00PM. But I'm afraid that the first few episodes of the current season have left me cold. The talent has not been shown (but I understand that there is a lot more talent there - especially from the female side - that the producers have been "keeping under wraps), and the production has been abysmal. They are giving way too much airtime to train wrecks like the crying kid from Malone, NY, the bikini girl and to that queen of the drama queens, Tatiana. They are all an embarrassment. Also, have you noticed that before many commercial breaks, they show you what is going to happen in the next segment? This is a disease that has spread across a lot of "reality" shows, and it's an insult to the viewers' intelligence. I only watched a half-hour of Wednesday's two-hour final selection show, as I just couldn't stand to watch and listen to the "judges" trying to inject some suspense into their decision announcements to the contestants. Sorry Randy, Paula and new girl, not one of you is an actor, and you don't have the ability to create suspense. You come across as amateurish and I find myself saying "Get to it and stop the bull!" I actually feel sorry for some of the emotioinal contestants who have to listen to this unprofessional behavior from the judges. If this is what the producers have come up with to increase their audience, they are going to be sorely mistaken. I'm afraid that American Idol has jumped the shark (remember Fonzie?). I'll watch the first real show next week, but if it's anything like the earlier 2009 shows, I'm gone. I really hate to sound like a grump, but . . . . . I guess I am one. Has anyone else been as disappointed as me?

ouma1938
02-13-2009, 07:56 PM
I agree with Collie on the suspense factor but I must also admit that I am such a huge fan that I look past it and thoroughly enjoy the show. I haven't settled on a favorite yet, but I do rther like the Welder and the Oil Rig dude. But I do hope that drama queen from NY and Tatiana get bounced soon. If I have to hear Tatiana scream and laugh and screech throughout much of the season I may have to watch the show with my sound off.

chelsea24
02-13-2009, 08:46 PM
It's funny you both should mention the suspense factor. It didn't bother me until my husband pointed it out. It really annoyed him and thought it was almost cruel. Then it did start to get to me. Didn't they do that on other shows or was I just not paying attention. Really would have liked to see more singing and less "heart-felt" stories. I don't understand that part at all! :sad:

beady
02-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Thanks Russ...now I see the conflict and reason she was bounced off.

Exactly Chels...all the drama is schlocky and so annoying.....let's get on with the singing and see who starts to look like an American Idol.......certainly not that annoying ,shreaking Tatiana...what were they thinking putting her in the running. Her voice isn't bad but her personality is just out right annoying......

The Great Fumar
02-13-2009, 09:41 PM
This might be a good time to tell you that i'm being paid under the table to not let my granddaughter enter the competition as she would run away with it..........

Thought you should know that it is rigged.....think about it , its makes sense , how else could I afford to live in the villages,,,,

affluent fumar

Taltarzac
02-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Here is a list of the top 36 contestants. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idol_(season_8)

I do not have any favorites yet but with some I do wonder what the judges were thinking about putting various people in and pushing others to come back in another season.

There was one disqualification though from the Top 36. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joanna_Pacitti

Danny Gokey, Alexis Grace, and Anoop Desai for the contestants who go through tonight to the Top 12. 3 will be picked 3/5 to be Wild Cards. I do not know though who makes up that pool??

Barefoot
02-18-2009, 10:12 AM
Tatiana has developed a new mature persona. I guess she has multiple personalities. It is rather unnerving to see her change from giggly and hysterical to "stepford".

So far I'm not impresed with the new judge, but the season is young!

chelsea24
02-18-2009, 07:37 PM
I like Danny a lot. Tal, who is the girl with blond and pink hair? She was very good. None of the other women impressed me. We see what happens tonight. ;)

sandybill2
02-18-2009, 08:43 PM
I've watched Idol each year since it started. So far, Danny Gokey is my favorite. I think Tatiana is kind of scary.

junebug7
02-18-2009, 09:24 PM
Sandy,
I agree. . .I like Danny a lot and Tatiana is very scary! The format this year is very different with the 3 groups. Should be interesting to see who else gets through.

Marilyn

sschuler1
02-18-2009, 09:28 PM
I anticipated both the girl with pink hair and the church music director making it into the top twelve, but the other guy came out of left field for me. I thought Anoop should have been the third person.

chelsea24
02-18-2009, 09:45 PM
I anticipated both the girl with pink hair and the church music director making it into the top twelve, but the other guy came out of left field for me. I thought Anoop should have been the third person.

I completely agree! But, at least Tatiana is gone! Yeah! But, I don't get the format. If they take three from each group, where do the other three come from??? :shrug:

Hawkwind
02-19-2009, 05:50 PM
Wild cards.

donaldlmiller
02-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Gokey all the way.

chelsea24
02-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Wild cards.

Oh please don't tell me that Tatiana can be back! :faint: I will go shrieking from the room! :eek:

sandybill2
02-19-2009, 07:01 PM
I think they need to watch Tatiana--she seemed unstable to me. It could have been an act but I still think about the American Idol contestant/Paula fan who killed herself near Paula's house. I would hate for this to happen to anyone else.

chelsea24
02-19-2009, 07:05 PM
I agree Sandy. She was so weird the night she tried to be composed. I did hear that story about the suicide in front of Paula's house. How awful. :sad:

Taltarzac
02-20-2009, 02:05 PM
...unless some of other 24 contestants who have not performed yet get them. I cannot really see Tatania being one of these wild cards unless these 24 contestants do extremely poorly over the next two weeks.

"Tal, who is the girl with blond and pink hair? She was very good. None of the other women impressed me. We see what happens tonight."

That's Alexis Grace. The 21 year old blonde with the pink steaks.

None of the women so far on American Idol have been real contenders to win AI IMHO. I think Randy is right when he said in a recent interview that this season a man would win.

beady
02-20-2009, 05:00 PM
I missed most of Idol this week...caught the last half hour of Wednesday's show....Danny is my fav so far.......and thank goodness Tatiana is gone...she was just too weird for me.....unstable I think.

Saw Randy this morning on Regis and Kelly and he said there were some dark horses in the group, but the men were strongest at this point.

I think there are some excellent contestants this year and it is going to be an exceptional year ,and some real talent. :pepper2::pepper2::pepper2:

Taltarzac
02-26-2009, 08:25 AM
... Megan Corkrey.

Adam Lambert seems to be too seasoned an entertainer though to really be in contention for American Idol. He was touring in Wicked before AI. This may turn off some voters as this season progresses.

chelsea24
02-26-2009, 11:21 AM
I completely agree with all of your picks Tal! But, I have to say, last week surprised me, so we'll see. Megan is adorable and she sang my favorite song. I even have it as my ringtone! Yes, there's something too theatrical about Adam. He's a cutie though! ;)

Barefoot
02-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Yes, there's something too theatrical about Adam. He's a cutie though! ;)

I think Adam will be one of the finalists. Looks plus talent.

Also like the 16 year old girl.

Russ_Boston
02-26-2009, 02:43 PM
Adam. He's a cutie though! ;)

Chels - Seriously? You like that Japanese style cartoon haircut?

This guy: http://www.americanidol.com/photos/season_8/top_36/the_photo_shoot/40118/ ??

VEEMAN
02-26-2009, 03:02 PM
I don't make a point to remember their actual names until the contestants are pared down to the final 12; until then, they are given "nicknames".
Our house picks for last night were:
1) the red head kid (16 year old girl...simply awsome)
2) the lady with the tatto on her right arm (ugly tat, but she captivated the stage with both her looks and voice)
3) the guy with the black hair (he went last and if I could have hit the high notes like he did......)

So, does anyone agree with me ?:pepper2::pepper2::pepper2:

rshoffer
02-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Must be on the same time as Bill O.... 'cause I've never seen it.

chelsea24
02-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Hey Rshof, this is the AMERICAN Idol, not the REPUBLICAN Idol! :1rotfl:

chelsea24
02-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Chels - Seriously? You like that Japanese style cartoon haircut?

This guy: http://www.americanidol.com/photos/season_8/top_36/the_photo_shoot/40118/ ??

Yes Russ, I do! Of course, not nearly as handsome as a bearded man with a Boston accent! :laugh: Big hug to Mrs. Boston! :wave:

Taltarzac
02-27-2009, 09:36 AM
I don't make a point to remember their actual names until the contestants are pared down to the final 12; until then, they are given "nicknames".
Our house picks for last night were:
1) the red head kid (16 year old girl...simply awsome)
2) the lady with the tatto on her right arm (ugly tat, but she captivated the stage with both her looks and voice)
3) the guy with the black hair (he went last and if I could have hit the high notes like he did......)

So, does anyone agree with me ?:pepper2::pepper2::pepper2:

Those were my picks from Wednesday night as well, Veeman. I was not at all impressed with the guy who actually advanced last night though, Kris Allen.

sschuler1
02-27-2009, 09:46 AM
The girl with the tattoo on her arm will obviously reappear on the wild card show. She was one of the judges favorites, so she is bound to be there. I was glad that the other guy got it over her, she was just a little too weird for my taste. The song he sang, "Man in the mirror", is a difficult song, and I think he did a good job with it. It was actually better than the Michael Jackson version for me. The other two that got in were obvious choices for me too! Adam is awesome, and will go a long way in the competition!

Taltarzac
03-04-2009, 08:24 AM
...are my guesses for the three who advance tonight on the American Idol Results Show.

The third choice though could be any of a number of people going on how the last two weeks' third choices have gone. It could be Ju'Not Joyner, Kendall Beard, Jorge Nuņez, or Kristen McNamara. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idol_(season_8)

Barefoot
03-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Did Adam get voted off? Perhaps I missed it when I was watching The Bachelor.

Taltarzac
03-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Did Adam get voted off? Perhaps I missed it when I was watching The Bachelor.

Tomorrow-- Thursday March 5, 2009-- will see the Season's Top 12 after the Wild Card show. Adam Lambert is one of these Top 12 having been the top vote getting male last week. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idol_(season_8)

There seems to be a smear campaign going on against Adam Lambert because of some photos he is in where he is kissing another man. http://amidolupdates.com/2009/03/secret-photos-of-adam-lambert-reveal-gay-side/

Barefoot
03-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Tomorrow-- Thursday March 5, 2009-- will see the Season's Top 12 after the Wild Card show. Adam Lambert is one of these Top 12 having been the top vote getting male last week. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idol_(season_8)

There seems to be a smear campaign going on against Adam Lambert because of some photos he is in where he is kissing another man. http://amidolupdates.com/2009/03/secret-photos-of-adam-lambert-reveal-gay-side/

Thanks for the update Tal. I don't always watch the show so I guess I don't know the "sequence".

I don't think it makes a difference if Adam is gay or not , the girls will vote for him anyway. And we've had gay Idols before. Adam is awfully darn cute, but perhaps a bit too polished.

sschuler1
03-04-2009, 09:16 PM
I was glad to see Anoop get the nod for the wild card show, but suprised that they didn't give the country girl singer another shot. Would have rather seen her again than the drama queen!

VEEMAN
03-04-2009, 09:23 PM
They didn't put the blonde girl with the horrible red dress in the finals; big mistake. She could have gone all the way.
My early favorite is adam.
Anyone else want to go out on a limb and make a pick ?

sschuler1
03-04-2009, 09:30 PM
I really like Von, but he is not officially in the top 12 yet. The judges seem to like Lil Rounds, and she is good, but R & B isn't my favorite. I like the red headed rocker chick, and I like Anoop also. (but again, he is not officially in the 12!)

Taltarzac
03-05-2009, 07:08 AM
They didn't put the blonde girl with the horrible red dress in the finals; big mistake. She could have gone all the way.
My early favorite is adam.
Anyone else want to go out on a limb and make a pick ?

It is really early to pick out the Finalists but here are my best guesses.

It seems like this Season is Danny Gokey's to lose. If he can keep giving good performances, he should win. So many of this year's contestants have pull on your hearstrings back stories like Danny Gokey's. These will seem to have a factor IMHO.

I hope Anoop Desai gets through the Wild Card Show even though it looked like Simon's choices were the people from the First Two groups who got the 4th amount of popular votes??

VEEMAN
03-05-2009, 10:31 PM
OK, SO NOW THEY HAVE THEIR FINAL 13.........AMERICAN IDOL IS STARTING TO SMELL A BIT LIKE "THE BATCHELOR". I WONDER HOW MANY "FINALISTS" WILL THERE BE NEXT YEAR?
THE FIRST PERFORMER TO BE KICKED TO THE CURB WILL BE...KRIS ALLEN - THE OIL FIELD WORKER. :eclipsee_gold_cup:

chelsea24
03-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Can someone tell me who won tonight? I missed it! :sad:

VEEMAN
03-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Jasmine murray
megan corkrey
matt girandi
anoop dedai

chelsea24
03-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Thanks veeman, I recorded it, but they must have run over and I missed the last one (two!) I guess. Which one is Matt? Black scarf and hat??? :shrug:

Thank God Tatiana is gone!!! :yuck:

Taltarzac
03-06-2009, 07:50 AM
OK, SO NOW THEY HAVE THEIR FINAL 13.........AMERICAN IDOL IS STARTING TO SMELL A BIT LIKE "THE BATCHELOR". I WONDER HOW MANY "FINALISTS" WILL THERE BE NEXT YEAR?
THE FIRST PERFORMER TO BE KICKED TO THE CURB WILL BE...KRIS ALLEN - THE OIL FIELD WORKER. :eclipsee_gold_cup:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Sarver

I cannot really place Kris Allen from the first part of this season of American Idol. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris_Allen

You are probably right though. Either Kris Allen or Michael Sarver would be my best guesses for who is next.

Taltarzac
03-09-2009, 08:18 AM
...13 contestants. Or, drop two or more on some subsequent show.

This Wikipedia article on Season 8 of American Idol has an elimination chart with the dates of upcoming AI shows. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idol_(season_8)

chelsea24
03-09-2009, 09:20 AM
This a great information Tal. I can never keep the people straight. I am happy they put Megan in as a wildcard. :clap2: Although I don't think she'll win, I think she can be a great star with the right people to help her. Just a cutie! Speaking of cuties, at least we have eye candy with Adam! :shocked::clap2:

Russ_Boston
03-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Chels needs an ophthalmologist :D

beady
03-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Russ:that means I need an opthamologist as well .....

Adam is definatly eye candy...oooh la la :eclipsee_gold_cup:

Russ_Boston
03-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Check out this picture:
http://www.americanidol.com/photos/season_8/hollywood_week/hollywood_hopefuls/39733

He could be the 'before' pic in a Pro-Activ commercial!

I may do a Photoshop on him to remove the silly hair and you'll see :)

VEEMAN
03-09-2009, 12:20 PM
ONE WEB SITE I LOOKED AT HAS "HEART THROB" ADAM ENGAGING IN A PASSIONATE KISS.............................................. ..............WITH ANOTHER MAN.
OOPS !!:faint::faint:

beady
03-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Oh No.......

sschuler1
03-09-2009, 09:18 PM
My guess is that they are going to have a final three instead of a final two to choose from. I think this could be a good thing for the contestants. The final two always get so much exposure, and seem to do the best with their record sales afterward. Final three would be good also because I don't always like the final two.

Cassie325
03-10-2009, 08:27 PM
ONE WEB SITE I LOOKED AT HAS "HEART THROB" ADAM ENGAGING IN A PASSIONATE KISS.............................................. ..............WITH ANOTHER MAN.
OOPS !!:faint::faint:

and the point is what? I am not following....

I can't imagine that it really matters who he kisses....that is his business....he can sing like an angel.
The kids are the one who vote more than anyone...and they could care less who he is kissing....it is 2009 isn't it?

JMO

PS....do you know how many of these kids are gay and have been "encouraged" to stay in the closet....and have been hurt so much!

His song tonight "don't matter if your black or white" is perfect!! It just shouldn't matter!! He is FABULOUS!! Even Simon likes him...

Shirleevee
03-10-2009, 08:49 PM
Kudos Cassie................

VEEMAN
03-10-2009, 09:55 PM
First of all we will list the bottom (3)....................
Jasmine Murray
Anoop Desai
Scott McIntyre

My top (5)
a. Adam Lambert
b. Danny Gokey
c. Allison Ireheta
d. Megan Corkrey
e. Lil Rounds

I still say that Adam is the one to beat...........he is *&^%$# great

Taltarzac
03-10-2009, 10:35 PM
First of all we will list the bottom (3)....................
Jasmine Murray
Anoop Desai
Scott McIntyre

My top (5)
a. Adam Lambert
b. Danny Gokey
c. Allison Ireheta
d. Megan Corkrey
e. Lil Rounds

I still say that Adam is the one to beat...........he is *&^%$# great

Anoop Desai should get by on his popularity and how much exposure he has had over the other two.

VEEMAN
03-10-2009, 10:58 PM

I can't imagine that it really matters who he kisses....that is his business....he can sing like an angel.
The kids are the one who vote more than anyone...and they could care less who he is kissing....it is 2009 isn't it?

JMO

PS....do you know how many of these kids are gay and have been "encouraged" to stay in the closet....and have been hurt so much!

His song tonight "don't matter if your black or white" is perfect!! It just shouldn't matter!! He is FABULOUS!! Even Simon likes him...

Cassie....if you had read my earlier posts, you would have noticed I rated Adam as the contestant to beat from day #1. Following tonight's performance, Adam solidified himself even more solidly as the show's top talent regardless of any speculative sexual orientation. Your snap judgement of my post was not appreciated.

Barefoot
03-10-2009, 11:19 PM

I can't imagine that it really matters who he kisses....that is his business....he can sing like an angel. The kids are the one who vote more than anyone...and they could care less who he is kissing....it is 2009 isn't it?

I agree that sexual orientation should not be a factor in any type of contest. Who cares? :shrug:

I think Adam is definitely eye candy and a great performer. I'd like to see him around for a long while.

Cassie325
03-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Cassie....if you had read my earlier posts, you would have noticed I rated Adam as the contestant to beat from day #1. Following tonight's performance, Adam solidified himself even more solidly as the show's top talent regardless of any speculative sexual orientation. Your snap judgement of my post was not appreciated.

I actually did read your earlier post and was quite surprised by the comment you made in regards to the kiss.

Your quote:
"Lip lock...........

OOPS !! "

I ask again....no matter who you think is the best singer....what was the point of THIS particular post. What does it have to do with his ability or inability to sing?

It was in reading your other postings in this thread that confused me...you seem to have genuine interest in the people...the singing....the show....but then this comment.

My "snap" judgment was really not so snappy....it was one of surprise and disappointment.

The comment was very unnecessary.:shrug::yuck:

chelsea24
03-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Adam just keeps getting better and better! I don't care who or what his lips were locked with! He's definitely got the stuff that Super Stars are made of! :coolsmiley:

I also like Allison (I think that's her name. The 16 year old with the bright red hair. What a voice!) :)

Julie
03-12-2009, 12:35 PM
I'm rooting for Danny. I also like Lil's pipes.

Russ_Boston
03-12-2009, 01:14 PM
He's definitely got the stuff that Super Stars are made of!

I need more convincing regarding his star quality. He knows how to put on a show but being a pop/rock star is more than that. He is a stage performer by trade right now (national tour of Wicked) and I think that is his niche. But my opinion may change as the weeks advance.

Daughtrey wasn't much of a performer (I'm referring to stage presence) but he had a great voice and his first album is brilliant.

Taltarzac
03-13-2009, 12:35 PM
1. Danny Gokey.
2. Adam Lambert.
3. Lil Rounds.
4. Kris Allen.
5. Alexis Grace.
6. Allison Iraheta.
7. Matt Giraud.
8. Michael Sarver.
9. Scott MacIntyre.
10. Megan Joy Corkrey.
11. Anoop Desai.
12, Jorge Nunez.
13. Jasmine Murray.

They did not do all that well last year if I remember correctly with their picks though.

Barefoot
03-14-2009, 06:45 AM
I need more convincing regarding his star quality. He knows how to put on a show but being a pop/rock star is more than that.

Which one is Danny Gokey?

Russ, I agree with Chels! Adam has star quality, and is cute to boot. Perhaps it is just women that feel that way. I seem to recall on a past Idol series that you didn't like the "Cutie Patootie" candidate.

We gals are just so shallow! :girlneener:

Taltarzac
03-14-2009, 07:05 AM
Which one is Danny Gokey?

Russ, I agree with Chels! Adam has star quality, and is cute to boot. Perhaps it is just women that feel that way. I seem to recall on a past Idol series that you didn't like the "Cutie Patootie" candidate.

American Idol's 8th season is having a hard time competing with the current Survivor IMHO when they are both on Thursday night because of how attractive most of the current crop of women on Survivor are.

Mintjulep
03-14-2009, 08:14 AM
Which one is Danny Gokey

Bare, Danny is the one whose wife recently died.
This one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz5bxzTl1Vo&feature=related

Taltarzac
03-14-2009, 08:18 AM
...because she is so taken with Adam Lambert.

Here's an informative site about Danny Gokey and his late wife. Also has a picture of Danny Gokey. http://www.sophiasheart.org/

This one...

Russ_Boston
03-14-2009, 08:38 AM

My 26 year old daughter thinks you guys need to have your vision tested more often - she says Matt (the JT look alike) is much more appealing!

Taltarzac
03-18-2009, 07:18 AM
See Michael Sarver leaving tonight on American Idol.

beady
03-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Yes, I think it will be Michael Sarver leaving tonight...nice guy....not a great voice or star quality.

Anoop surprised me and the judges last night.

Adam is too "different " to be an Idol. He will get "picked up" and do well as a result of the show. Quite nice to look at however,:MOJE_whot:

I thought the judges were a bit off last night....they didn't seem to know what they were looking for. The gave the contestants country songs and then critisized some of them for being too country or out of their comfort zone.....confusing to me, so the singers must have been baffled. Lil especially,,,she toned it down and kept as close to country as she could. Then the judges told her she was holding back and should have let her voice through, which would have put an R&B spin on the music ????????????:shrug::shrug:

Barefoot
03-18-2009, 11:54 AM
This one...

Minty, thanks for the website link. I didn't know about Danny's wife.

That is a great website for keeping track of all the performers, I really like it a lot.

Barefoot
03-18-2009, 12:00 PM
My 26 year old daughter thinks you guys need to have your vision tested more often - she says Matt (the JT look alike) is much more appealing!

Russ, your daughter is 26 and has a way different perspective than us grannies who are 50. Well, OK, maybe we're 60. :girlneener:

LELANDJANE
03-18-2009, 02:34 PM
I think it'll be Michael, too. Last week, I thought Adam was in a league by himself-last night he CERTAINLY was (AND NOT IN A GOOD WAY).

I am a big Danny fan but I was really impressed with Matt last night.

I really think it'll be a guy this time. I think it's the most talented group so far.
It's fun to watch.

Russ_Boston
03-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Remember 60 is the new 58!

chelsea24
03-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Russ, 60 is the new 40! For sure! OK, I'm still swooning over Adam, strange rendition, but great voice. Yes, Michael has to go. No chance of winning. I'm not as sold on Matt, even though he has a terrific voice, because he doesn't appeal to me. I don't like Justin Timberlake either. But I can see the comparison. Chris has all the teeny boppers gooey eyed. Megan definitely has star quality. She's just so original and beautiful. The one that really blows me away is Allison. At 16! WOW! I love her voice! But then, I am a big Janice Joplin fan. :pepper2:

Taltarzac
03-19-2009, 04:24 AM
... Alexis Grace leaving. I did not see that coming with Allison Iraheta also in the bottom three along with Michael Sarver.

The horny adolescent male vote must have gone elsewhere than AI. The teen female vote seems to have come on the strongest.

beady
03-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Wow ...that really caught me by surprise........and Allison in the bottom 3....??

Tal...... you are dead on right about the young male vote......maybe some of us more mature ladies and gents should start voting.......boy would that skew the numbers....

.:a20::a20:

Julie
03-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Out of the bottom three I definitely was surprised when Alexis was the one to go. I really thought it would be Michael. He does seem like a nice guy, but lacks star quality from my point of view.

My prediction regarding the judges "save" is that it will not be used until the group is whittled down to about six or maybe seven votes. Even though I like Alexis I didn't think she was save worthy.

I've never voted since I record the show then watch it the next evening, but I'm rooting for Danny nonetheless.:eclipsee_gold_cup:

beady
03-19-2009, 11:34 AM
I agree Julie they are going to use the save feature late in the game when they can make a real "save".
I have never voted but I just might this season...so many really good voices.... so far one of the best groups to date.

Taltarzac
03-26-2009, 07:56 AM
He is one of my favorites but this may be his next to last week if he continues singing like he has.

Michael Sarver will probably go this week. I had expected him to be off last week but we had that surprise result show of Alexis Grace leaving.

With Megan Joy Corkrey rounding out the bottom three.

Adam Lambert and Allison Iraheta were quite a bit better last night than Danny Gokey.

Taltarzac
03-27-2009, 08:09 AM
He is one of my favorites but this may be his next to last week if he continues singing like he has.

Michael Sarver will probably go this week. I had expected him to be off last week but we had that surprise result show of Alexis Grace leaving.

With Megan Joy Corkrey rounding out the bottom three.

Adam Lambert and Allison Iraheta were quite a bit better last night than Danny Gokey.

I had thought he was one of the top 5 or so singers on March 25, 2009. Megan Joy must have a pretty loyal fan base going for her. I doubt if her placement in the Vote for the Worst target vote the last few weeks has had much of an impact. See that site as kind of a joke.

sschuler1
03-27-2009, 09:25 AM
I don't see the judges using their "save" unless one of the final three contestants (in their opinion) gets the ax. I think that would be: Adam, Danny and Allison. If one of them has a bad night and gets the lowest number of votes, I think they would save them.

I thought Alexis should have been in the bottom three instead of Matt, but the other two were correct. And the right one was picked to go home. I don't know why the judges took so long to deliberate whether or not to save him. It was an obvious "no" for me.

Taltarzac
03-29-2009, 07:47 AM
I don't see the judges using their "save" unless one of the final three contestants (in their opinion) gets the ax. I think that would be: Adam, Danny and Allison. If one of them has a bad night and gets the lowest number of votes, I think they would save them.

I thought Alexis should have been in the bottom three instead of Matt, but the other two were correct. And the right one was picked to go home. I don't know why the judges took so long to deliberate whether or not to save him. It was an obvious "no" for me.

The interactions between the judges and the host are often more entertaining than the singers. They could just have been trying to add some suspense with taking so long to vote on Michael Sarver's Save song.

I wonder if Ryan Seacrest or someone else knows ahead of the show what the votes look like to arrange the seating so that the Bottom Three are spread out more on the couch?

Barefoot
03-29-2009, 10:51 PM
I am personally bedazzled by Adam. :faint:

Taltarzac
03-30-2009, 08:36 AM
I am personally bedazzled by Adam. :faint:

...some of the Las Vegas odds makers. http://www.nsawins.com/american-idol-betting-odds.shtml

They did pick Chris Daughtry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Daughtry to win around this stage of Season 5 though. http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/04-11-2006/0004338632&EDATE=

Barefoot
03-30-2009, 09:28 PM
It is SO CLEAR that Adam is going to win this contest! Wanna bet? Unless the Producers decide Adam is "too polished and professional". Because he isn't really an amateur.

Karen83
03-31-2009, 06:50 AM
"Adam is "too polished and professional". Because he isn't really an amateur".

Bare, this is why I don't think he should win, or quite frankly, be there in the first place. (Thought the same thing about the Osmond brother's son) I thought the premise of the show was to find amateurs, not experienced performers, and Adam is definitely an experienced performer.

He also seems to have started out with some sort of financial backing with all of the clothes, etc. Maybe his own, but WAY to polished for me.

He has taken the suspence out of the show, but who knows, we all may be in for a big surprise!

Russ_Boston
03-31-2009, 07:20 AM
I wonder if Ryan Seacrest or someone else knows ahead of the show what the votes look like to arrange the seating so that the Bottom Three are spread out more on the couch?

Absolutely - It can't be random seating because it NEVER happens that the bottom three sit on the same row or very near each other.

I still personally like Matt the best but he has no voting blocks it seems.

Taltarzac
03-31-2009, 08:44 AM
Absolutely - It can't be random seating because it NEVER happens that the bottom three sit on the same row or very near each other.

I still personally like Matt the best but he has no voting blocks it seems.

Adam Lambert has quite a stage personality but I do not think I would ever buy any of his CDs.

Matt G., probably will also be able to sell quite a lot of his music.

Taltarzac
04-01-2009, 06:43 AM
I see unfortunately Matt G., going home tonight because of his lack of a voting bloc. Megan and Anoop were worse IMHO than Matt G., last night but they seem to have ardent fans.

Russ_Boston
04-01-2009, 07:03 AM
For the long term in terms of record sales I like Kris Allen's chances.

Matt, for me, was disappointing last night. He should have sang a Ne-Yo or Timberlake song. Or switch songs with Anoop and do the Usher song.

Barefoot
04-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Adam Lambert :eclipsee_gold_cup:

chelsea24
04-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Adam Lambert is the best they've ever had. In a class of his own. :eclipsee_gold_cup:

MSNPA
04-01-2009, 10:09 AM
I have watched Idol every single season, but for some reason no one "grabs" me this season and I am not sure why since many have great voices. I guess if I had a say Megan needs to go now and my favorite is Kris Allen since he seems very "real". I must admit Adam is a great entertainer.

Russ_Boston
04-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Adam Lambert is the best they've ever had. In a class of his own. :eclipsee_gold_cup:

Do you really think he will be a big record seller? If so what genre of music do you see him working in? Pop?

You say class of his own? So he'll sell more than Clarkson, Underwood? Doubtful.

I see him as a Broadway star - maybe movies (like J. Hudson). I'm think if you listened to his music with your eyes closed that you wouldn't be as impressed.

I see Kris Allen (maybe even Matt) as having much more Top 40 success potential.

Taltarzac
04-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Do you really think he will be a big record seller? If so what genre of music do you see him working in? Pop?

You say class of his own? So he'll sell more than Clarkson, Underwood? Doubtful.

I see him as a Broadway star - maybe movies (like J. Hudson). I'm think if you listened to his music with your eyes closed that you wouldn't be as impressed.

I see Kris Allen (maybe even Matt) as having much more Top 40 success potential.

I suppose he could go into movies too even though I have not seen any inclination of acting talent. If he had the right role I suppose.

Russ_Boston
04-01-2009, 12:35 PM
I suppose he could go into movies too even though I have not seen any inclination of acting talent. If he had the right role I suppose.

Elvis couldn't act either but it didn't stop Hollywood!

Barefoot
04-01-2009, 02:00 PM
In my humble opinion, Adam has a charisma that no other contestant has. Somewhat inexplicable really. I think he showed his versatility with his last two songs. He is never boring. I always look forward to seeing what he'll do next.

sschuler1
04-01-2009, 03:10 PM
My choice for tonight's bottom three would be:

Megan, Matt, and Scott

And I think it is time for Megan to go, but I think it will probably be Matt that goes.

Taltarzac
04-02-2009, 07:54 AM
...did not come through for her one more time.

Too bad that Allison Iraheta is not that popular with the voters. She seems like one of the most talented of this season's crop.

chelsea24
04-02-2009, 08:49 AM
Adam should be by far the winner. And Paula compared him to my two favorites, Mick Jagger and Steven Tyler! Wooooooo hoooooo to be in a room with all three of them! My heart be still! (Can't call me a cougar on two --
Mick and Steven are older than I am!) Hahah! :laugh:

Russ_Boston
04-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Hmmm, all skinny guys with lots of hair!

Is Tiny Tim (yeah I know he's dead) number 4 in that fantasy?:shrug:

LELANDJANE
04-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Chelsea, I went to "Dreamgirls" last night and the thought occurred to me that Jimmy, the entertainer, in that musical was really no different from Adam. He may be different from most on Idol but I think his type are a dime a dozen in the real world.

Jane
Alabama
The Villages visitor/wannabe resident

MSNPA
04-08-2009, 07:11 AM
OK - I am sold! Adam's performance last night was spectacular. He truly deserved the standing ovation.

Taltarzac
04-08-2009, 07:21 AM
OK - I am sold! Adam's performance last night was spectacular. He truly deserved the standing ovation.

See Scott MacIntyre probably exiting tonight even though he is one of my favorites.

Kris Allen and Allison Iraheta could wind up in the other spots in the bottom three.

I expect that the judges may use their season 8's one save on Allison Iraheta. She does not seem to have captured a fan base.

Russ_Boston
04-08-2009, 07:35 AM
Ok Chels - I'm going to start agreeing with you. Adam was special last night. It is one of my favorite songs to begin with and he did it more than justice.

He's going to need great music written for him after he wins this but that can be said of any entertainer.

Taltarzac
04-08-2009, 08:23 AM
... is one of the hot chicks in Fast and Furious .

The credits even list her as Hot Girl #2.

chelsea24
04-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Swoooooooooon! I just posted all these wonderful things about Adam and poof! It went away. Well to sum it up! Wow! And... Wow!

The range of his voice is amaaaaaazing! And to have to presented in such a nice package is yummy! (Swooon)

My hubby says he feels sorry for Danny and Allison because on any other season, they could've won. Well, they will all become stars for sure. That's the great thing about AI. Just being showcased that way. ;)

beady
04-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Hey Chelsea....I am going to have to agree with Vetman........their are some really talented kids this season...namely Matt,Allison and Danny.......and I do hope they will be picked up and given a recording contract...they sure deserve it.
Adam is amazing and is growing on me .... but there is just something I don't like about him and the frustrating thing is I can't pinpoint it.:ohdear:

Tonight we will say goodbye to Scott ...If Alison or Danny are in danger I believe the judges will use their save.

GMONEY
04-08-2009, 09:51 AM
I dont care for AI. But the wife and kids love it. The first time I watched Adam, I thought what a freak. Then I caught him doing the Play That Funky Music gig couple weeks ago, and stopped and listned with the family. That was real good. But last night was even better. That kid it talented. he is head and heels over the rest. He can change his look and personality and all to match what ever songs he does. but he can put on a show also. The other ones are all one in the same, except for the 16 year old red head. Now she can blow with the best. But to see Simon stand for Adam, that says it all. AGAIN THAT CAT IS GOOD. I will watch next week just to see what kind of show Adam puts on. He makes the show worth it.

Bonny
04-08-2009, 09:58 AM
OMG !!! Adam was just awesome. What a song choice !!! And to see Simon just shut everyone up & give him a standing ovation was really cool.
It's time for Scott to go. I thought Allison was good. I didn't think Lil was great last night. She struggled during some of that song. I think she's trying to hard.

GMONEY
04-08-2009, 10:13 AM
OMG !!! Adam was just awesome. What a song choice !!! And to see Simon just shut everyone up & give him a standing ovation was really cool.
It's time for Scott to go. I thought Allison was good. I didn't think Lil was great last night. She struggled during some of that song. I think she's trying to hard.

I agree 100% Scott needs to go next. He is not in the same league as the others. But Adam really raised the roof of the house!! MONEYYYYYYY out!!

Barefoot
04-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Ok Chels - I'm going to start agreeing with you. Adam was special last night. It is one of my favorite songs to begin with and he did it more than justice. He's going to need great music written for him after he wins this but that can be said of any entertainer.

:eclipsee_gold_cup: Yay ... Russ is finally seeing the Adam light!

Adam has that indefinable charisma that makes you want to see more and hear more. And he was so gracious in thanking the band last week. :girlneener:

Shirleevee
04-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Awesome Adam!!! Yeah!

GatorFan
04-08-2009, 06:28 PM
I really do not think any of the other contestants are anywhere near being in his league. He is one of those artist that comes along once every 5-10 years.

Some of the other contestants are good, but Adam is great.

Taltarzac
04-10-2009, 08:15 AM
I really do not think any of the other contestants are anywhere near being in his league. He is one of those artist that comes along once every 5-10 years.

Some of the other contestants are good, but Adam is great.

I do not know about this best in 5-10 years statement. Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Chris Daughtry, Jordan Sparks, and any number of current artists who have made it without the American Idol springboard to fame and fortune seem like better artists. I think that Allison Iraheta's career will have longer legs than that of Adam Lambert's if she has the right songs and handlers.

Adam Lambert has been extremely smart with his presentation and song choice the past few weeks. The same cannot really be said of Allison Iraheta and some of the other former front runners on AI this season.

Here is a link to some of the top performances by former American Idol contestants. http://gannsdeen.wordpress.com/2007/03/08/top-10-favorite-american-idol-performances/

Suppose I would rather hear Adam Lambert though than Lady Gaga, Flo Rida, Kellie Pickler, and some of the other recent artists American Idol has had on this season during the elimination shows.

GMONEY
04-10-2009, 09:46 AM
They are all so predictable except for Adam. You never know what he is going to do... If you can get Simon of all to stand for you, you did something right. The other guys on there are Justin Timberlake wanna-bes... The Girls arent that good except for the 16yr old red head.

Julie
04-10-2009, 12:04 PM
I have my DVR set to record AI and was really frustrated :cus: when the recording ended before Adam gave his performance. Thank goodness for the internet; I went to the AI website and watched Adam sing "Mad World."

His stunning rendition of the song prompted me to head over to YouTube and locate the original Tears For Fears version. You know what? IMHO, Adam's version is far superior to the original performance by TFF!

I've always believed Adam was good, but after this latest performance I'm now a believer he should and will be the next American Idol. Even with that, like beady, I see something in Adam that doesn't seem right...

Taltarzac
04-10-2009, 12:09 PM
I have my DVR set to record AI and was really frustrated :cus: when the recording ended before Adam gave his performance. Thank goodness for the internet; I went to the AI website and watched Adam sing "Mad World."

His stunning rendition of the song prompted me to head over to YouTube and locate the original Tears For Fears version. You know what? IMHO, Adam's version is far superior to the original performance by TFF!

I've always believed Adam was good, but after this latest performance I'm now a believer he should and will be the next American Idol. Even with that, like beady, I see something in Adam that doesn't seem right...

He seems a little too good from my point of view. Even though the same can be said of some of the other contestants from previous Idols who also seemed to be different from the amateurs you would count on being in this kind of contest.

You wonder why some people were disqualified while others have not been like Adam Lambert who was touring with a national group of stage actors if I am not mistaken. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Lambert

It also seems like the standing ovation from Simon Cowell was more because they had run eight minutes over and Adam Lambert had given a good performance that night. I have liked some of his other performances quite a bit more than the Mad World one.

From the Wikipedia article linked above-- "Because the show had exceeded its time slot, only judge Simon Cowell's gave a critique, which he summed up by giving Lambert a standing ovation."

LELANDJANE
04-10-2009, 03:19 PM
I don't think Adam Lambert could be entertaining for a whole concert! He has sung his last two songs collo voce after that bizarre Ring of Fire, which I'm sure had Johnny Cash turning over in his grave!

As far as Simon, I know he makes all the rules for the show as they go along, but I believe it was unfair to give a standing ovation, as it certainly would effort voting.

Barefoot
04-10-2009, 11:43 PM
They are all so predictable except for Adam. You never know what he is going to do... If you can get Simon of all to stand for you, you did something right.

I agree Gmoney. Adam should win unless someone pulls a rabbit out of a hat.

Taltarzac
04-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Simon Cowell may leave the show when his current contract with AI is up. http://www.popeater.com/television/article/simon-cowell-to-leave-american-idol/423766

Do you think this will hurt the show?

There seems to be a lot of other Brits they could get to do this show though. One with Simon Cowell's attitude probably would not be all that hard to find either?

Julie
04-12-2009, 05:03 PM
I don't think Adam Lambert could be entertaining for a whole concert! He has sung his last two songs collo voce after that bizarre Ring of Fire, which I'm sure had Johnny Cash turning over in his grave!

As far as Simon, I know he makes all the rules for the show as they go along, but I believe it was unfair to give a standing ovation, as it certainly would effort voting.

I agree as far as the Ring of Fire song, I didn't like that at all, but then again I was never fond of the first version. :yuck:

Adam seems to be full of new ideas of how to entertain the audience which makes me believe he would be able to pull off at least a 2 hour concert once he gets his songs in order.

And Simon's standing ovation? It didn't affect my vote since I didn't watch it until the next day. ;)

Taltarzac
04-14-2009, 10:29 PM
That's because she was in the bottom three last week and did not seem to do a very good job of it this week.

The other two from the bottom are getting are a bit harder to predict. Anoop Desai and Matt Giraud would be my guesses.

chelsea24
04-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Yes, I agree Tal. I think Lil Rounds will probably go. Or she should. Anoop and Matt don't interest me either. I think Adam is already a star, with this or not. And I'm still pulling for Allison and Danny.

macgolfnut
04-14-2009, 11:28 PM
I was a choir director for 35 years and I have never heard anyone with a range like Adam. I agree that he is already a star and way beyond any of the other contestants. Every week he comes up with a new and creative way of presenting a song. Last week he had a hauntingly beautiful version of the song and this week he totally rocked the house. Simon was soooo wrong in his critique. I think he is just trying to cause stir up the fire and make us think there is an actual competition. In my opinion, there is no competition. Although I am too old to appreciate the nails, hair, and lifestyle, he is clearly the most talented. I think Lil' Rounds has a lot of talent as well and I think the judges pick on her too much. I don't get the attraction to Chris or Anoop. I think one of them should be the next to go.

GMONEY
04-15-2009, 04:47 AM
Once again Adam raises the roof off the house. That cat is really really good. I hate that show but I watched it the last 3 weeks just to see what he does. What a song to take on, Steppenwolf of all groups and to come up with that. The others arent in the same league as him. He puts on a show while he doing his deal. The others sit on a stool or stand there and kinda ho hum around. The Brian Adams want a be will be out the door this time I would imagine.

Money Out

Bonny
04-15-2009, 06:50 AM
Soooo, OMG !!! Was Adam awesome or what ? What a voice that guy has. All those notes & not even one of them did he not carry it through !!! Lil Rounds needs to go. I did think Anoop sang well last night, but there is no competition here. Adam gave quite a theatrical performance.I loved it !!:eclipsee_gold_cup:

LELANDJANE
04-15-2009, 08:53 AM
I thought last night's show was the most boring of the year. I thought Chris gave his worst performance. Also Allison, although the judges seemed to like her, was "pitchy" from the very beginning. I also don't like that all the judges don't comment on each contestant. Still Danny for me!

Bonny
04-15-2009, 08:58 AM
I agree, Kris is really bad. I don't know what it is about Allison, for some reason I don't enjoy listening to her. I don't know if it's that deep voice or ??? She's got a strong voice, I just don't care for her. I thought she was a little too pitchy last night as well.

Taltarzac
04-15-2009, 08:59 AM
I thought last night's show was the most boring of the year. I thought Chris gave his worst performance. Also Allison, although the judges seemed to like her, was "pitchy" from the very beginning. I also don't like that all the judges don't comment on each contestant. Still Danny for me!

Time constraints probably forced them to only allow two judges per contestant to critique.

The four judges has added more verbiage to the show. Kara D. looks like a close business partner and friend of Paula Abdul's.

sschuler1
04-15-2009, 08:59 AM
I taped the show last night so I could watch it when I got back from rehearsal. My husband couldn't believe that I kept rewinding and watching Adam's performance over and over again. He was so spectacular that I had to see it a few times. :bowdown:

I think Li'l finally made a choice to be a gospel singer. And I think that genre fit her voice very well. If she continues to put a gospel spin on her selections, she will do better than she has been doing lately. Last night was the first time I actually liked her performance even though I didn't care for the song choice.

I think Chris made a mistake singing such an obscure song. He will definitely be in the bottom three. Anoop did great, but doesn't seem to have the fan base that some of the others have. So he will be in the bottom three. And I think that Matt will be in the bottom also. I have a feeling that it will be Anoop's turn to leave, and that they won't use the save on him. If either Matt or Chris is chosen, I think they will use the save.

Taltarzac
04-15-2009, 09:03 AM
I taped the show last night so I could watch it when I got back from rehearsal. My husband couldn't believe that I kept rewinding and watching Adam's performance over and over again. He was so spectacular that I had to see it a few times. :bowdown:

I think Li'l finally made a choice to be a gospel singer. And I think that genre fit her voice very well. If she continues to put a gospel spin on her selections, she will do better than she has been doing lately. Last night was the first time I actually liked her performance even though I didn't care for the song choice.

I think Chris made a mistake singing such an obscure song. He will definitely be in the bottom three. Anoop did great, but doesn't seem to have the fan base that some of the others have. So he will be in the bottom three. And I think that Matt will be in the bottom also. I have a feeling that it will be Anoop's turn to leave, and that they won't use the save on him. If either Matt or Chris is chosen, I think they will use the save.

Even with that obscure song from Once, Kris Allen will probably be with us for a few more episodes on American Idol. He seems to have a very loyal fan base. He has not been in the Bottom Three at all yet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idol_(season_8)

Russ_Boston
04-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Adam's performance was obviously the best but I still wonder what kind of songs they will write for his first album once he wins. I'm not convinced he has staying power on records like Clarkson, Underwood or Daughtry.

GMONEY
04-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Soooo, OMG !!! Was Adam awesome or what ? What a voice that guy has. All those notes & not even one of them did he not carry it through !!! Lil Rounds needs to go. I did think Anoop sang well last night, but there is no competition here. Adam gave quite a theatrical performance.I loved it !!:eclipsee_gold_cup:

Girl I am with you all the way on this ............. :beer3:

GMONEY
04-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Adam's performance was obviously the best but I still wonder what kind of songs they will write for his first album once he wins. I'm not convinced he has staying power on records like Clarkson, Underwood or Daughtry.

I hear you, but I can see a different take on it. He is the most daring of all that have been on that show. Every week he takes a song and does it so different. It is almost like the first cut of it. Play That Funky Music version he did could be a hit today. The thing is with him, he not only can blow every note there is, but has the stage presence to go with it. he knows when and where to be on stage with each part of the song. He knows how to play the audience, which were all standing and dancing lastnight. He also was the only one last week I believe that thanked Ricky Minor right off the bat with the band.

That Cat is good.

Gmoney Out

chelsea24
04-15-2009, 10:46 AM
I can't say enough about Adam! I'm already paying to get his video's from ITunes. He's fantastic! I think, not only does he have staying power, but he'll reach the ranks of Jagger, Tyler and even Elvis! Swoooooooon! :clap2:

Taltarzac
04-15-2009, 03:14 PM

His performances are very brave as the judges pointed out last night, but unless his career is mainly based on tours, the stage, and maybe, movies, I cannot see him surpassing Underwood, Daughtry, Clarkson, and some of the other AI alumni.

If you just listen to his singing and do not look at the TV, he is not all that good when compared say with Elvis, Jagger, Tyler, Clapton, Springsteen, Joel, Sinatra, etc. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Springsteen

GMONEY
04-15-2009, 03:35 PM
I remember when Kelly first won. that is what they said about her. No way does she compare to the big artist that already have a mainstay of fans. No way will she be that big. Kelly is and for awhile will be one of the top there is. Adam I believe can go along way with what he has. Even Smokey Robinson liked Adam. They all like him. That says alot. Not everyone gets the whole crowd on their feet everynight like he does.

LELANDJANE
04-15-2009, 04:21 PM
If Adam wins, I believe he will be the newest hit for the tabloids. At least, he can give Michael Jackson, Lindsey Lohan and such a break from the reporters.

nONIE
04-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Im not sure what is wrong with me but I am sure its something serious!

What in the world am I doing while everyone is watching American Idol???
I have never watched it but want to start immediately 'cause Im beginning to feel like Im really missing something. Would someone tell me what night they're on and what time? Im going to have to make this a priority in my otherwise boring life!

JeanneBeannie
04-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Thats okie, there are lots of shows everyone talks about i.e. Dancing with the Stars etc. that I never see either lol. American Idol is on Tuesday and Wednesday at 8 p.m. sometimes an hour, sometimes two. Its on tonight, when one poor contestant will get the boot :(. Its a good show :pepper2:

nONIE
04-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Thanks Jeanne, I missed it again! Ok next week for sure, Im going to mark it on my daily planner.

Barefoot
04-16-2009, 06:56 AM
Nonie .. google TV Guide. It will tell you what is on every single night.

Wow, an interesting American Idol last night. Does Ryan Seacrest annoy anyone else but me? Everyone is safe this week, but now two must leave next week. I think it will be this week's bottom two that are eliminated next week, or Anoop. Unless they crank their performance up several notches.

Adam :eclipsee_gold_cup:

JeanneBeannie
04-16-2009, 07:09 AM
:agree: with everything you said. Also I thought the performance by
Jennifer Hudson was great!! What a voice!! :coolsmiley:

Taltarzac
04-16-2009, 07:58 AM
I wonder if Adam Lambert will wind up with one of the songs from Saturday Night Fever if that it is AI can get past the licensing agreements from the BeeGees?

The top four seems to be set though from the voting blocs-- unless something shifts due to a very good or bad performance. Allison Iraheta, Kris Allen, Danny Gokey, and Adam Lambert. They will probably end up near that order to IMHO with Adam Lambert winning and Allison Iraheta taking 4th place.

sschuler1
04-16-2009, 09:26 AM
Next weeks songs should do well with Li'ls voice, but she would be doing what they have been bashing her about all along, and that is imitating the original singer. It will be interesting to see everyone try to put their own spin on a disco song, because that doesn't fit anyone's style. My guess is that the bottom three will fluxuate now depending on how well the contestants do the night before. The only exceptions will be Adam and Danny. I don't think either of them will be in the bottom three. They have enough of a fan base to keep them out of it, even if they stink the night before. (which is highly unlikely that they will ever stink!)

GMONEY
04-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Adam will be good on Disco. the he did Play That Funky Music was good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taltarzac
04-22-2009, 07:52 AM
Lil Rounds, Anoop Desai, and Matt G., I see as April 22, 2009's bottom three. Expect Matt G., will be the only one to survive tonight's Two Cut.

JeanneBeannie
04-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Lil Rounds, Anoop Desai, and Matt G., I see as April 22, 2009's bottom three. Expect Matt G., will be the only one to survive tonight's Two Cut.

Those are my picks for the bottom three also, tonight will be good. My guess also is Anoop and Lil Rounds :shrug:. Going to get interesting now!

P.S. Dont forget Nonie...its on tonight lol. :pepper2: (just kidding ya lol).

LELANDJANE
04-22-2009, 08:07 AM
I hate disco! Especially when they try to make real music out of it.
Even though I'm not an Adam fan, he did a great job last night, although
his hair looked like Eddie Munster!

I'm thinking Lil (the judges have been hard on her the whole time) and Anoop.

Bonny
04-22-2009, 08:08 AM
I agree with those being in the bottom. Kris did pretty good. Of course Adam was awesome. Loved his look last night !

GMONEY
04-22-2009, 08:13 AM
Adam knocked the house down again. Strong voice and all. Can change his whole presence depending on the song. I think Paula melted in her seat to say the least..............

MONEY OUT

chelsea24
04-22-2009, 08:24 AM
I think Adam is a Super star already! I can't say enough about him. I've been watching Idol for the past 4 years and I've never seen anyone of this caliber.

Matt, Lil Rounds, Matt and even Chris all have to go in my opinion. Let's get down to the real singers, Danny, Allison and Adam.

I love them all, and I don't care is Adam even wins. America's voting can be odd at times (i.e. Daughtry) because I know he'll be a name to be reckoned with for a long time to come. The record producers are lining up for him. Even Randy said "You're ready, right now!" Simon called his vocals "immaculate". Wow. Wonder who will land him for his first CD? :eclipsee_gold_cup:

Russ_Boston
04-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Wonder who will land him for his first CD? :eclipsee_gold_cup:

Chels - All American Idol top 10 are committed to Nineteen Records via legal obligation. I think the obligation runs for 3 years. That is why 1 contestant a few years back dropped out before getting to the final show.

This is my understanding.

And why did all the contestants turn Disco night into Smooth Jazz night?

Barefoot
04-22-2009, 09:09 AM
I think Adam is a Super star already! I can't say enough about him. I've been watching Idol for the past 4 years and I've never seen anyone of this caliber.

:agree: Adam is :eclipsee_gold_cup:
I felt just like Paula when he sang last night, melting into a puddle. He has some kind of unique charisma just like Elvis did. In fact, I wonder if he is Elvis reincarnated? Elvis died in 1977 and Adam was born in 1982.

I haven't had my morning coffee yet, you can tell. :mornincoffee:

chelsea24
04-22-2009, 09:25 AM
Russ, I wasn't aware of that commitment. Interesting.

Bare, I agree with you, he does have that Elvis quality! :eclipsee_gold_cup:

Swooooooon.............

Taltarzac
04-22-2009, 11:24 AM
...with Babe Ruth or maybe some very green actor with Humphrey Bogart or some rookie golfer with Tiger Woods but this all seems to depend on the fans. That is one thing that American Idol gives a budding artist is millions of ardent fans for the winner.

I have very little doubt now that Adam Lambert will not win. Danny Gokey has seemed to have had his self-confidence shattered by all the attention Lambert gets. Personally, I like Allison Iraheta and Kris Allen more than Adam Lambert as artists but do not think they have the fan bases that Adam Lambert has.

The winners of AI --on another note-- seem to have been able to get out of this 19 Records commitment like Jordan Sparks and Taylor Hicks. 19 Records may have dropped Taylor Hicks. http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2008/12/16/jordin-sparks-leaves-19-management-record-label/

MSNPA
04-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Another fantastic performance from Adam. I hope Adam wins and Allison or Kris get second place. I think Randy was right on by saying this season has so many great singers.

JeanneBeannie
04-22-2009, 12:57 PM
::agree: Adam is :eclipsee_gold_cup:
I felt just like Paula when he sang last night, melting into a puddle. He has some kind of unique charisma just like Elvis did. In fact, I wonder if he is Elvis reincarnated? Elvis died in 1977 and Adam was born in 1982.

I haven't had my morning coffee yet, you can tell. :mornincoffee:

I have been saying the same thing to my son about how Adam reminds me so much of Elvis its scarey!! Good minds think alike lol!! :coolsmiley:.
Whatever happens at the end...he will make a name for himself for sure!

sschuler1
04-22-2009, 04:29 PM
I taped last night's show and just watched it. I think Li'l and Anoop are going home tonight. Matt will round out the bottom three.

Adam showed a lot of control last night, but it wasn't my favorite performance of his. Danny did a nice job with "September", it was one of his better performances. I think Allison, Danny and Adam will be the top three, and I wonder if they will do a finale with three instead of two this year? This would be the perfect season to do that, since they have such talent this season.

Barefoot
04-22-2009, 06:14 PM
...with Babe Ruth or maybe some very green actor with Humphrey Bogart or some rookie golfer with Tiger Woods but this all seems to depend on the fans.

Tal, I'm not saying that Adam is as talented as Elvis! Just that they both have some indefinable charisma that fascinates. Woman anyway.

Russ_Boston
04-22-2009, 06:33 PM
and I wonder if they will do a finale with three instead of two this year? This would be the perfect season to do that, since they have such talent this season.

I thought about that but that would leave them a week short in the season.

JeanneBeannie
04-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Tal, I'm not saying that Adam is as talented as Elvis! Just that they both have some indefinable charisma that fascinates. Woman anyway.

Yes...indeedy (is there such a word? Lol?). That is the perfect word "charisma". He has the same features, eyes, hair, moves, etc., shall I go on lol lol? :a20:.

nONIE
04-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Wow! that reminds me, Its on right now isnt it????? (as she runs to her tv)

JeanneBeannie
04-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Wow! that reminds me, Its on right now isnt it????? (as she runs to her tv)

You are just too funny!! :1rotfl:!! Its on at 9 p.m. on Fox. I thought it might get your attention when Bare and I were talking about his "charisma" lol lol!!
Enjoy! :beer3:

GMONEY
04-23-2009, 04:55 AM
...with Babe Ruth or maybe some very green actor with Humphrey Bogart or some rookie golfer with Tiger Woods but this all seems to depend on the fans. That is one thing that American Idol gives a budding artist is millions of ardent fans for the winner.

I have very little doubt now that Adam Lambert will not win. Danny Gokey has seemed to have had his self-confidence shattered by all the attention Lambert gets. Personally, I like Allison Iraheta and Kris Allen more than Adam Lambert as artists but do not think they have the fan bases that Adam Lambert has.

The winners of AI --on another note-- seem to have been able to get out of this 19 Records commitment like Jordan Sparks and Taylor Hicks. 19 Records may have dropped Taylor Hicks. http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2008/12/16/jordin-sparks-leaves-19-management-record-label/

Allyson is more like a Melissa Ethridge type singer, I really like Melissa alot but that will not win this show. The other guys are all Justin Timberlake wanna-bes. they try to dance and act like Backstreet boys or NSynca. Adam doesnt do that, he puts on a whole different show and does his own deal.

Money Out

Taltarzac
04-23-2009, 07:44 AM

Lambert seems to change his image every once in a while though.

On a different note, with Simon Cowell probably leaving AI after next season-- who do you think they should get to replace him? As cantankerous Englishmen go who have some experience with music I like Ricky Gervais. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Gervais

nONIE
04-23-2009, 08:50 AM
Well, comming in as a newbie on American Idol last night, the whole show was somewhat confusing to me,. But, one thing for sure is, I have never seen such incredible talent among todays youth. Do ya think alot of us could sing like that in our hayday and just didnt know it???:shrug:

Barefoot
04-23-2009, 07:23 PM
Well, comming in as a newbie on American Idol last night, the whole show was somewhat confusing to me,. But, one thing for sure is, I have never seen such incredible talent among todays youth. Do ya think alot of us could sing like that in our hayday and just didnt know it???:shrug:

Not only can they sing, but they're performing in front of millions of people. That takes a heck of a lot of poise and self confidence. I'd be in a puddle on the floor. I take my hat off to them all.

Russ_Boston
04-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Do ya think alot of us could sing like that in our hayday and just didnt know it???:shrug:

If you can sing at 25 you can sing at 50,60 etc.

Maybe not as pitch perfect but you don't go from Elvis to Tiny Tim:jester:

Taltarzac
04-28-2009, 08:06 AM
This will probably be a very challenging week for Allison Iraheta with that theme. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idol_(season_8)

Bonny
04-28-2009, 08:38 AM
I think Adam will really shine this week. Hope he wears a suit like the one he wore several weeks ago. Think he'll pick a Sinatra song ??

Russ_Boston
04-28-2009, 08:41 AM
There are some female members of the 'rat pack'. Only one is a singer though. But the type of song will still be tough for her. I wonder if somone will do 'somewhere over the rainbow'? Adam perhaps? I would think he'd go for Sinatra though.

From Wiki:

it was the name used by the press and the general public to refer to a group that called itself "the summit" or "the clan," featuring Frank Sinatra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Sinatra), Dean Martin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Martin), Sammy Davis, Jr. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sammy_Davis,_Jr.), Peter Lawford (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Lawford) and Joey Bishop (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Bishop), who appeared together on stage and in films in the early-1960s, including the movie Ocean's Eleven (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean%27s_Eleven_(1960_film)).[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_Pack#cite_note-0) Despite its reputation as a masculine group, the Rat Pack did have female participants, including movie icons Shirley MacLaine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirley_MacLaine), Lauren Bacall (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauren_Bacall), Angie Dickinson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angie_Dickinson), Marilyn Monroe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilyn_Monroe), and Judy Garland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judy_Garland)

beady
04-28-2009, 09:04 AM
This will be a very interesting night. All the guys have the ability to really score on the rat pack type tunes......Alison will have the biggest challenge...but she could tone down her style and nail it tonight...can't wait.

Barefoot
04-28-2009, 01:01 PM
I think Adam will really shine this week. Hope he wears a suit like the one he wore several weeks ago. Think he'll pick a Sinatra song ??

Whatever Adam picks, I predict he will be irrestible. (Well, for the ladies anyway.) Perhaps he'll choose "My Way".

The expectation level for Adam's performance is extremely high, hope he doesn't disappoint. I'll be glued to the set. :popcorn:

LELANDJANE
04-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Matt's outta here and Simon's mean!

The Great Fumar
04-28-2009, 08:20 PM

You have to be very careful not to MOOOOOO when you go into these studio's
In my opinion we are setting kids up for a big fall when dealing with these clowns who run these programs.......some children may never recover from the rejection .......
ps I've never seen the program !! It comes on the same time as The Home Shopping Network !!!!

fumar

Taltarzac
04-29-2009, 06:50 AM
...it will probably be Matt Giraud and Allison Iraheta.

I'd like to see Allison Iraheta a few more weeks but unfortunately expect this will be her last week. :(

Enjoyed Danny Gokey's performance the most of the contenders. Maybe, he now has a shot at beating Adam Lambert but it seems like a very slim one.

Julie
04-29-2009, 11:16 AM
I LOVED Danny's performance!!!:pepper2: Adam is very polished and almost seems more like a seasoned guest rather than a contestant. Whatever happens, I'm sure they will all be able to live their dreams.:eclipsee_gold_cup:

beady
04-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Adam was awsome but I had to agree with Simon he is a bit dramatic and sometimes over the top. That entrance down the staircase was brilliant. And the white suit...well.....Already looking like a professional.
Danny was second best...he probably won't win but we will be seeing and hearing lots of him in the future,

MSNPA
04-29-2009, 12:59 PM
This might sound crazy, but I had a smile on my face the entire show - these kids are terrific! My least favorite though is Matt.

I read in the paper that Lil Rounds said she lost votes because of the mean things the judges (mostly Simon said about her). Personally I never did care for her.

Mintjulep
04-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Wow!!! I think they all did a fabulous job! :clap2:

But agree it will probably be Allison or Matt that will go.
I think they both have better vocal ability than Kris but I know he has such a huge fan base.

chelsea24
04-29-2009, 01:13 PM
Still swooning over Adam here. But I loved Danny too! I agree that Matt is my least favorite. It's an incredible season! ;)

JeanneBeannie
04-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Whatever Adam picks, I predict he will be irrestible. (Well, for the ladies anyway.) Perhaps he'll choose "My Way".

The expectation level for Adam's performance is extremely high, hope he doesn't disappoint. I'll be glued to the set. :popcorn:

My sentiments exactly!! I think if he chooses "My Way" he will be fantastic!! And looks great in a suit!! Hope he walks down the stairs again :coolsmiley:.
They are all gifted and very talented, but think its Matt's turn to go.

Bonny
04-29-2009, 01:27 PM
I pretty much agree with everyone. I love Adam's theatrical style. What an entrance !! He was fabulous & so was Danny. I think it will be Matt & Allison in the bottom. Kris won't make it til the end, but I think he has a larger fan base than Matt or Allison. He wasn't bad last night. OKAY, sooooo the last 2 standing will be Adam & Danny. IMO. Either one can win. They'll both be successes !!

Shirleevee
04-29-2009, 02:19 PM
I loved Allison's performance last night. The guys are all great........

JeanneBeannie
04-29-2009, 05:08 PM
I loved Allison's performance last night. The guys are all great........

Me too Shirlee!! I thought she was great!! I think she will go places with her career no matter what happens, I hope so. Unfort. for her she is up against Adam. But...who knows? :shrug: They are both great!! :pepper2:

Barefoot
04-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Wowser, Adam almost bit the dust tonight, what a surprise. :22yikes:

I think people aren't bothering to vote for Adam because they think he is a "sure thing". I bet he was shaking in his boots. I've never voted on Idol, perhaps it is time to pick up the phone. :girlneener:

GMONEY
04-30-2009, 05:01 AM
Just goes to show that you never know what will happen. Remember a few years back when they had the Youg red headed boy John Stevens from season 3, that was the CROONER that kept staying around week after week. He was so bad even the judges couldnt figure out why he was there everyweek. Same here, Adam is by far the best, no way should Adam or Kris been in the Bottom 3.

That is one reason I dont watch the show that much and it gets alot of criticism from everyone. I had been watching it lately with the family due to Adam. But lastnight reminded me why I dont. But it is america... :faint:

MSNPA
04-30-2009, 07:34 AM
Wow - that was a close one. I also think people aren't voting for Adam since they figure he already has it in the bag. Also, it was so obvious the remaining five are all so much better than Taylor Hicks. I will never understand how he won.

Taltarzac
04-30-2009, 07:39 AM
Quite a surprise. Maybe, it was that little sneer he made at the end of his song on Tuesday night or you guys and gals are probably right that he looks like a sure winner and people have been trying to protect other favorites.

I have not watched last night's show yet as I was watching something else while taping American Idol.

The DVD of Bride Wars has a few references to Paula and Simon from AI.

Bonny
04-30-2009, 09:34 AM
I think what's happening is some people don't want so much of the theatrics. :shrug:
I think next week we are going to see more of a classic style from Adam without the theatrics. He is made for broadway. I can see him doing Phantom of the Opera. WOW !
It was time for Matt to go.

GMONEY
04-30-2009, 11:04 AM
I think what's happening is some people don't want so much of the theatrics. :shrug:
I think next week we are going to see more of a classic style from Adam without the theatrics. He is made for broadway. I can see him doing Phantom of the Opera. WOW !
It was time for Matt to go.

You might have a point there with the Phantom deal...... I could see that.. Matt go choice to go. Allison will be next i think. I didnt believe she was that good the other night???????????????????

Bonny
04-30-2009, 11:11 AM
The problem with Allison is everything sounds the same. She has a decent voice, but I don't like to watch her. I could never listen to an album of hers. Adam needs now to let everyone know that he is capable of making an album people would listen to.

LELANDJANE
04-30-2009, 11:35 AM
As I've stated before, I'm not an Adam fan, but I think one reason he might have been in the bottom three is a backlash from people who don't enjoy the judges so obviously promoting Adam.

sschuler1
04-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Adam and Allison should be the best next week with the Rock and Roll theme. I think that Kris will be the one to go next week.

beady
04-30-2009, 03:51 PM
For whatever reason,and we will never know ,Adam was in the bottom three and the producers decided to capitalize on that. What was really shameful was to make him choose which group he thought he was in...that exercise had no, nada , zilch, purpose other than to embarrass him. STUPID. He is overly dramatic but totally comfortable with that persona...that's showmanship.

Taylor Hicks was awful.......last nights appearance was screaming not singing....I was once again left wondering how he won over Katherine McFee.......she had a fantastic voice.:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

chelsea24
04-30-2009, 07:26 PM
Wow - that was a close one. I also think people aren't voting for Adam since they figure he already has it in the bag. Also, it was so obvious the remaining five are all so much better than Taylor Hicks. I will never understand how he won.

Yes, Adam will be a star one way or another, but I do think he deserves to win Idol. He stood in a line of thousands just like everyone else.

I still like Taylor Hicks, but at least 3 this year would have beat him hands down. Adam, Allison and Danny.

However! Natalie Cole! I thought she was so terrible, I don't think she could even get through the auditions of AI. She was just awful! :yuck:

sschuler1
04-30-2009, 08:44 PM
I agree that Natalie Cole was terrible. And I wasn't really impressed with Jamie Foxx either! Taylor Hicks definitely has that New Orleans Cajun flavor to his music, and you either like it or you don't. I still think he was very charming, and that is half the reason he won. There is no doubt that this season has more talent than most of the previous seasons. :bowdown:

Barefoot
05-01-2009, 12:41 PM
For whatever reason,and we will never know ,Adam was in the bottom three and the producers decided to capitalize on that. What was really shameful was to make him choose which group he thought he was in...that exercise had no, nada , zilch, purpose other than to embarrass him. STUPID.

The "results" American Idol show is designed to make everyone feel uncomfortable. :yuck: Asking Adam to choose which group he thought he was in .. I agree with Beads that it was shameful and solely to embarrass him.

I think Kris has a huge following among teenage girls and he is a cutie pie. Teenage girls probably vote the most often. As we've seen in the past, the Idol Crown doesn't always go to the most talented.

LELANDJANE
05-05-2009, 08:59 PM
I think Kris is going home this week.

chelsea24
05-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Wow, both Chris and Danny paled next to Adam and Allison. But, if Adam doesn't win, there's something reeeeealllly wrong! Swooooon again! :laugh:

MinnieM
05-05-2009, 09:38 PM
I never thought I would hear anyone come close to sounding as great as Robert Plant. Adam nailed it. He was soooo hot.

Shirleevee
05-05-2009, 10:22 PM
WOW! Adam & Allison WOW!

Barefoot
05-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Adam and Allison were amazing together. What great voices, and what great chemistry.

I think we're saying goodbye to cute little Kris tomorrow night.

JeanneBeannie
05-06-2009, 06:00 AM
Yep...I think poor Kris will be going home too. I hope he gets a singing career out of this, plus he is just adorable!!!
Adam and Allison blew me right of the couch!! :faint:. Did you see all the young girls swooning and crying for Adam lol, it reminded me of my younger days crying every time I saw the Beatles lol! :cryin2: (I guess I shouldnt admit that lol lol :1rotfl:)
Jeanne :)

conservativechick
05-06-2009, 07:50 AM
I agree kris is leaving!!! Adam is the winner!! He's in a class of his own - star already!! Cc

Bonny
05-06-2009, 08:04 AM
Adam was AWESOME !!!! One of my favorite songs. The duet with Allison was terrific. I didn't care for Allison's song choice last night.
I had to laugh to see Slash as a mentor. I loved Guns & Roses, but Slash a mentor ?? DUH !! Should have gotten someone like Bon Jovi !!

LELANDJANE
05-06-2009, 08:36 AM
I agree that it was strange to see Slash. Even in the audience, he looked pretty clueless.

sschuler1
05-06-2009, 08:48 AM
I too think Kris is going home tonight, although I think this was the first time I really didn't like Danny's performance. I think Kris's solo performance was better than Danny's, but Danny did better in their duet. Adam and Allison were both terrific, even though I didn't like Allison's song choice, she still performed it well.

MSNPA
05-06-2009, 08:48 AM
I also think Allison and Adam together were fantastic. I now hope Adam wins and Allison is 2nd. I always liked Kris, but he cannot compare to Allison or Adam.

Barefoot
05-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Wowser, another upset. Kris was the first "safe" finalist, what a surprise. I guess there are a lot of female teeny boppers who think he is awfully cute.

I'm sorry to see Allison go, I thought she was terrific, especially for 17! And she is so cute and feisty. I hope she gets a great career out of it.

I think I may have to actually start voting next week to make sure my pick wins :eclipsee_gold_cup: ... and that would, of course, be Adam! :2excited:

MSNPA
05-07-2009, 07:24 AM
This might sound crazy, but I actually had tears in my eyes when it was announced Allison was leaving. What a voice. I hope she still goes far.

Bonny
05-07-2009, 08:15 AM
Kris is still there cause the younger crowd loves him. My daughters & their friends love him, but they know Adam is going to win. I think all these last ones will have great careers if they want. I still love Adam. He is totally Awesome. He can do a Sinatra song, then sing a rock song & then a broadway tune. He can do anything. I would love to see him in something like Phantom Of The Opera !! I remember when Paul Stanley, from Kiss, played the Phantom in Toronto. He was really good.

NJblue
05-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Did anyone else think that Allison's farewell rendition of Cry Baby was better than her version during the contest? As she was singing it the first time my only complaint was that she lacked the soulfulness of Joplin. However, last night she used her sadness of leaving to give the song the type of melancholy right up there with Janis. I thought it was terrific and was sad to see her go.

sschuler1
05-07-2009, 09:12 AM
I have noticed that quite a few of the contestants songs are better when they sing it as they are kicked off. It has to be that the nerves are out of the equation. barf Guess we all underestimated Kris's "cuteness" factor!

MinnieM
05-12-2009, 09:37 PM
I hope people don't vote for Adam because they think he is definitely going to the finals. He was amazing tonight. Adam deserves to win it all.

MinnieM

GatorFan
05-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Adam is by far one of the most talented singers ever on American Idol. If people vote based on real talent he should win.

Bonny
05-13-2009, 10:00 AM
WOW, last night was great. I must say, I wasn't always real excited about Kris, but his second song was fabulous. What a great job he did. I think after that, Danny may be the one to go tonight.
ADAM !!!!! Well what can you say. What a voice. :bowdown: Even those that don't care for his style have to admit, that guy has an awesome voice ! If he doesn't win, I'm never watching this show again. :swear:
Of course I said that when Rueben Stoddard beat out Clay Aiken. :shrug: And where is Rueben now ?? DUH !

sschuler1
05-13-2009, 11:24 AM
Adam and Danny should make for a great finale show!

Russ_Boston
05-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Prefer Adam and Kris. Danny is too one note for me.

Either way all three will put out albums next year and their lives will change forever.

Bonny
05-13-2009, 12:41 PM
I agree Danny is a one noter. His voice is a little too raspy for my taste. One song is good, but I couldn't listen to a CD of him.

GatorFan
05-13-2009, 06:00 PM
I loved Clay Aiken then and still love to hear him sing.

Barefoot
05-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Did anyone else think that Allison's farewell rendition of Cry Baby was better than her version during the contest?

Yes, NJblue, I agree. I loved Allison's farewell song .. I think she is so gutsy and talented!

Can you believe that Kris made it to the top two? :shrug: I thought Adam was going to be the :eclipsee_gold_cup: American Idol .... but Kris keeps surprising me with his popularity.

chelsea24
05-14-2009, 02:08 AM
Yes, NJblue, I agree. I loved Allison's farewell song .. I think she is so gutsy and talented!

Can you believe that Kris made it to the top two? :shrug: I thought Adam was going to be the :eclipsee_gold_cup: American Idol .... but Kris keeps surprising me with his popularity.

I can't believe Kris made it either! Argggg! It's the teenie boppers redialing like crazy! You should have to be 18 to vote! Haha! Those little groupies hide under the covers all night voting, voting... Oh wait! That was me!!! I WANT ADAM TO WIN! SWOOOOOOOOON!!! :laugh:

Russ_Boston
05-14-2009, 06:41 AM
As I said very early on I'm OK with Kris winning. In fact I'll go out on a limb and say that in the long run Kris may have more record appeal than Adam. But Adam will win, I think, and his first record will be a big success. After that I'm not so sure of his staying power.

JeanneBeannie
05-14-2009, 07:16 AM
I can't believe Kris made it either! Argggg! It's the teenie boppers redialing like crazy! You should have to be 18 to vote! Haha! Those little groupies hide under the covers all night voting, voting... Oh wait! That was me!!! I WANT ADAM TO WIN! SWOOOOOOOOON!!! :laugh:

You are so funny lol, gave me quite a chuckle this morning about voting under the covers lol lol :mademyday:. I am an Adam fan too, I was on the edge of my seat (literally lol) when they were about to tell Adam his fate. I like Kris too, he is a cutie pie, no wonder all the lil teenie boppers love him. They were so cute to watch, reminded me of how I was when I saw the Beatles at that age lol. I like Danny, he just doesnt do it for me, I think its the raspy voice :shrug:.
Jeanne

Bonny
05-14-2009, 07:21 AM
I figured it would be Kris & Adam. No matter what happens, I think several of them will be able to make some big bucks. Adam is the one though that can do anything !!!! :eclipsee_gold_cup:
We are going to St. Maarten for 11 days next Monday. I assume I'll be able to watch IDOL there, but just in case, I'm going to tape it so I can see it when I get home.

MSNPA
05-14-2009, 07:34 AM
I admit I was for Kris in the beginning, but now after weeks of watching I am a huge Adam fan. I am worried Adam will not get the votes even though he deserves to win. Did you see the fans Kris had in Arkansas? I think the entire state is voting for him.

NJblue
05-14-2009, 07:38 AM
Of all the songs sung on Tuesday night, I thought Danny's self-selected song (You Are So Beautiful) was the best. Adam certainly has the talent, stage presence and voice to make it big. However, I think he relies too much on his "scream" that he seems to put into every song. It was great when he was doing Led Zeppelin, but it doesn't need to appear in every song.

Russ_Boston
05-14-2009, 07:43 AM
Great point about Adam - I thought he was better when doing 'mad world' which didn't have those rock screams. Can you say 'Diamond Dave'? (David Lee Roth of Van Halen for those that don't know).

sschuler1
05-14-2009, 09:33 AM
I keep underestimating Kris' cuteness factor! I agree that Danny's version of "You are so beautiful" was the best song of the night, but he just didn't have the same fan base that Kris seems to have. Adam definitely deserves to win! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Shirleevee
05-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Our grandsons love AI, but do not vote. They picked Danny to win.......On the other hand....all the young 13 and under girls they and I know, vote all the time. Votes are what count and I think that the, "cute" factor is the deciding factor. JMHO

I myself voted for Danny this week......

Russ_Boston
05-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Not sure that's true in the past. Reuben? Fantasia? Taylor?

All the young 'cute' guys (can't believe I said that) haven't won - Yet!

GatorFan
05-14-2009, 05:02 PM
called for one solid hour and never got through once. I finally gave up

Taltarzac
05-17-2009, 08:25 AM
I will be really surprised if Adam Lambert wins this season of AI even though I think he should. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1611218/20090512/index.jhtml

Barefoot
05-17-2009, 10:07 AM
I will be really surprised if Adam Lambert wins this season of AI even though I think he should. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1611218/20090512/index.jhtml

Adam Lambert supporters will have to make sure they call in and not take his winning for granted. In my humble opinion, Adam deserves to win. He is a great singer, truly an original, and he has wonderful charisma. :bowdown:

chelsea24
05-17-2009, 10:42 AM
I agree with you Bare! I'm on the alert and ready. Practicing with my redial button all week! :laugh: ADAM... ADAM... ADAM.... :eclipsee_gold_cup:

beady
05-19-2009, 09:46 AM
The next two nights on Idol are not to be missed. I have seen a lot of slightly negative press in regard to Adam because of his theatrical backround.His voice has amazing range that we have not heard because of his rock style. He is unique, and that may be his undoing......so vote folks ....cuz that's the only way he will win.:2excited:

Shirleevee
05-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Kris is the winner and I AM NOT happy..................cute guy, but no where near Adam in the talent department.

JMHO:cry::cry:

PS Yes, I voted

mommullr
05-20-2009, 09:15 PM
I think he was as surprised as I was. What was up with Rod Stewart?