PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Fantasy Football Sign-Up

JohnN
04-27-2009, 12:59 PM
Yahoo hasn't yet allowed leagues to be set up, but the NFL draft is over and like the TOTV_2008 league, there will be a TOTV_2009. Sign up here and I'll send you league info when it starts.

I'm also looking for any suggestions to improve/enhance the scoring.

I'd like to suggest adding 1/2 point per reception to improve receiver stats a bit and make them more comparable to the QB's and RB's.

(Also, FYI, I'm starting a competitve high scoring league too - no $$$ but it's a lot of players and points, I still have a couple openings there, send me a note).

JohnN
07-14-2009, 07:38 PM
TOTV2009 (ID# 264198) is the yahoo league ID,
football is the password

12 teams max, top 6 make playoffs, top 2 get a bye the first week

The online draft is Friday, Sept 4, 2009 at 7pm Eastern.
If you can't make that time, you can either allow yahoo to rank players to draft, or rank them ahead of time and yahoo will select the best available.

Scoring is fairly standard, but please take a look, there are a few minor changes.
Send any questions to me here or at my yahoo addie (which is in the league site and I'll not post it here)

zcaveman
07-14-2009, 09:16 PM
I looked at the positions and see two DEF entries. Does that mean I can play two defenses on the same week? See below.

Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

I would prefer 1 DEF and 1 WR/TE combo.

BTW: The TV Cavemen are going to summer camp Aug 1 to do some strategy planning.

Z

MelZ
07-15-2009, 07:49 AM
TOTV2009 (ID# 264198) is the yahoo league ID,
football is the password

12 teams max, top 6 make playoffs, top 2 get a bye the first week

The online draft is Friday, Sept 4, 2009 at 7pm Eastern.
If you can't make that time, you can either allow yahoo to rank players to draft, or rank them ahead of time and yahoo will select the best available.

Scoring is fairly standard, but please take a look, there are a few minor changes.
Send any questions to me here or at my yahoo addie (which is in the league site and I'll not post it here)

I will get signed in ASAP

JohnN
07-15-2009, 08:00 AM
zcaveman and MelZ, I see you've signed up, there are now 4 teams.

zcaveman, you're correct in the roster positions,
I added a flex W/R (receiver or running back) and 2 Defenses, to give the defense a little more input towards the final score.

I can also add a W/T (flex = reiceiver or tight end) either in addition to or in place of the 2nd defense. I'm open minded on this.

I thought if we get a full complement of teams (I've allowed up to 12 at the moment, with 6 making the playoffs), maybe I can just get a league poll and make changes anytime up to the start of the season.

Thanks for the input.

redwitch
07-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Don't have time to sign up quite yet but count me in!

GOOOOOOOOOOOO Dolphins!!!!!!!!!

redwitch
07-16-2009, 08:07 AM
And no snide remarks about my team, please. I promise to keep my comments about the Pats down to a reasonable level even if they did cheat to win the Blizzard Playoff.

MelZ
07-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Don't have time to sign up quite yet but count me in!

GOOOOOOOOOOOO Dolphins!!!!!!!!!

Nice to have you in the league again this year

ijusluvit
07-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Count Pete'sPatsies in too!

gged7
07-16-2009, 02:38 PM
:beer3:Yahoo hasn't yet allowed leagues to be set up, but the NFL draft is over and like the TOTV_2008 league, there will be a TOTV_2009. Sign up here and I'll send you league info when it starts.

I'm also looking for any suggestions to improve/enhance the scoring.

I'd like to suggest adding 1/2 point per reception to improve receiver stats a bit and make them more comparable to the QB's and RB's.

(Also, FYI, I'm starting a competitve high scoring league too - no $$$ but it's a lot of players and points, I still have a couple openings there, send me a note).
JohnN; Please sign me up again for this year. I also support the 1/2 pt for rec. even 1 pt, because of the chioces for receivers not targets in the end zone but,get you down field. More choices for more late picks.:pepper2:

stjade
07-20-2009, 09:08 AM
Hi John--I've signed up again ,team name Slyfox. Thanks for getting us going--Steve :pepper2::pepper2:

M&G-Mow
07-20-2009, 10:59 AM
I saw your post and interested in joining. I joined the league on Yahoo and hope you guys can use a new owner.

Michael

JohnN
07-20-2009, 01:06 PM
M&G-Mow , Hey we're glad to have you, welcome!
I see the Mulberries Migraines out there in yahoo.

We now have 6 teams.
And we'll take anyone that wants in, I'd think, up to the max of 16

If we happen to get more than 8 teams,
I'll plan to propose a 6 team playoff (top 2 get a bye the first week) instead of a 4 team playoff.
If we get more than 12 teams, I'll propose rescinding the 2 defenses and likely not add another W/T as caveman proposes because with that many teams, the talent pool will get quite thin.

Anyway, sign up early, folks.

M&G-Mow
07-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Yes, that is me "Mulberries Migraines" of Foggy Brrok Loop. Hope we get at least 10 teams. 16 would be very challenging to say the least.

Until,
Michael

JohnN
07-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Michael, we had 8 last year, 10 would be great.
If somehow I got too many, I'd start a 2nd league.
Glad to have you on board, good luck.

Watch out for caveman and stjade, they're the ringers LOL

JohnN
07-27-2009, 04:42 PM
7 teams registered and at least one more says they will, so we should have 8.

We'll still encourage more folks to join, up to 16.

stjade
07-30-2009, 07:46 PM
John I have two friends who want to join . I gave them all the info and you should hopefully hear from them soon. Their names are Bill and Lew, don't know the totv monikers yet.:beer3::beer3:

JohnN
07-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Steve, glad to have 'em.

FYI to all, I did change the scoring to go back to 1 defense instead of 2.
We have 8 teams, Steve's 2 friends interested, redwitch has expressed interest but not yet signed up, so we may have 12 or more teams. Talent will get thin fast. Top 6 make the playoffs, top 2 get a first round bye (just like the NFL).

wmjden
08-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Hello My name is bill dennehy I live in the village of Sunset Point and I am interested in joining your Fantasy Football pool. How do I go about it?
My e-mail is: bill4653@comcast.net

zcaveman
08-04-2009, 11:28 AM
I was looking at the recent transactions. What does draft order changed from custom to random mean?

Z

JohnN
08-05-2009, 09:05 PM
zcaveman, to clarify,

random draft order (where it's set now) is a random luck-of-the-draw placement of who gets first choice, 2nd, etc... and it's a *snake* where the last team in the first round gets 1st choice in the second.

custom means the commish sets who draws first (for use in leagues where, for example, the prior year's last place team would get first choice in keeper leagues).

I'm not sure how it got set to custom in the first place, except that this is a custom league, but when I reviewed the settings, I set it back to random, just like last year.

Hmmm, caveman, didn't you have first choice last year? LOLOL....

JohnN
08-05-2009, 09:06 PM
hey Bill, I see you signed on, great!!!!! 10 teams enrolled now.

zcaveman
08-05-2009, 10:05 PM
zcaveman, to clarify,

random draft order (where it's set now) is a random luck-of-the-draw placement of who gets first choice, 2nd, etc... and it's a *snake* where the last team in the first round gets 1st choice in the second.

custom means the commish sets who draws first (for use in leagues where, for example, the prior year's last place team would get first choice in keeper leagues).

I'm not sure how it got set to custom in the first place, except that this is a custom league, but when I reviewed the settings, I set it back to random, just like last year.

Hmmm, caveman, didn't you have first choice last year? LOLOL....

That is okay. When I saw random I thought it was not going to be the snake but a skip around the teams (like 1 then 4 then 7 then 2, etc) to do the picks.

Working on my draft list already.

Z

JohnN
08-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Hall of Fame Game tonight!

JohnN
08-12-2009, 08:44 PM
FYI (and I'll post this on the yahoo board),

I made a couple minor scoring setting adjustments to get them back to what we used last year. I don't know how they were different, maybe I hadn't edited them very well. Anyway, not really much difference, but check them out before the draft, please.

JohnN
08-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Just a reminder about the fantasy football draft, less than 3 weeks now:

Friday September 4 7:00pm EDT

the system opens about 30 minutes before the draft and assigns the draft position

JohnN
08-19-2009, 12:10 PM
11 signed up, 3 slots left, 2 weeks to the draft

if you know anyone interested, have 'em sign up asap please

ohiogolf
08-19-2009, 01:26 PM
I just joined. this is a first for me. thanks.

ohiogolf
08-19-2009, 01:41 PM
BTW, I am Simo's Sluggers.

JohnN
08-21-2009, 12:33 PM
we've got 12 teams now, and with the draft approaching I've closed the league.
if any latecomers show up, they can contact me.

if anyone has suggestions for scoring/roster/settings changes, they need to be voiced, voted upon and implemented prior to the draft which is 2 weeks away