PDA

View Full Version : Smoothie Recipes?

uujudy
08-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Hi All,
I bought LadyDoc's Ninja Master Prep Professional today (at first I thought it was an exercise machine until I read the part about the sharp blades! :22yikes: ), and now I need some smoothie recipes. Do you have any recipes that don't include honey? (hate it, hate it, hate it. Tastes like aluminum foil to me) All the smoothie sites I visited make them sound very complicated with carob and protein powder and things I don't usually stock in the kitchen. Is there a basic, easy, no more than 3 or 4 ingredient smoothie recipe?

Yes, I know I said I didn't understand the appeal of smoothies, but I'm having some serious dental work done, and a smoothie might just do the trick. (Please, no chicken or fish or liver smoothie recipes)

Thanks!

Barefoot
08-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Hi All,
I bought LadyDoc's Ninja Master Prep Professional today (at first I thought it was an exercise machine until I read the part about the sharp blades! :22yikes: ), and now I need some smoothie recipes. Do you have any recipes that don't include honey? (hate it, hate it, hate it. Tastes like aluminum foil to me) All the smoothie sites I visited make them sound very complicated with carob and protein powder and things I don't usually stock in the kitchen. Is there a basic, easy, no more than 3 or 4 ingredient smoothie recipe?

Yes, I know I said I didn't understand the appeal of smoothies, but I'm having some serious dental work done, and a smoothie might just do the trick. (Please, no chicken or fish or liver smoothie recipes)

Thanks!

4 ingredients .... Banana, yoghurt, frozen strawberries, almond milk.

I also add whey protein, spinach, vanilla and cinnamon. But then it starts getting complicated so my blender starts gathering dust.

Skybo
08-08-2011, 11:21 PM
now I need some smoothie recipes. Do you have any recipes that don't include honey? (hate it, hate it, hate it. Tastes like aluminum foil to me) All the smoothie sites I visited make them sound very complicated with carob and protein powder and things I don't usually stock in the kitchen. Is there a basic, easy, no more than 3 or 4 ingredient smoothie recipe?Thanks!

Here’s my recipe. It does include protein powder (either whey or soy)..but it’s good for you and it adds to the flavor. You can buy it at WalMart.

1 Scoop of chocolate (or vanilla) protein powder
1 heaping Tbs of natural peanut butter
1 cup of frozen fruit (my favorite is strawberries and/or bananas)
1/4 cup of milk

Blend...add more milk if it’s too thick, add more frozen fruit if it’s not thick enough.

Drink. Yum.

quirky3
08-09-2011, 08:07 AM
I also like to keep it simple - this is really delicious.
1 cup cold water
1/2 banana (break into pieces)
1/2 cup berries (fresh or frozen)
6 - 8 green grapes (fresh or frozen)
6 small apple slices, skin on
6 baby carrots
2 small handsful of baby spinach leaves

You can vary it any way that's good for you!

Taj44
08-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Fruit smoothie - handful of frozen mixed berries, 3-4 TB greek yogurt, 2 tsp. sugar or to taste, fill to 1.5 cup line on mixer with orange juice and blend.

Protein shake - 1 scoop True Mass protein powder (I get it at the health food store - chocolate milk shake flavor), fill mixer to 1.5 cup line with milk and blend.

Larry Wilson
08-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Real quickie:
Blueberries or any berry. Banana, 7-up ( or any lemon/lime) Blend, Enjoy!

Barefoot
08-09-2011, 10:21 AM
A basic smoothie seems to be any fruit of your choice and a liquid. Easy peasy.

Possibly yoghurt to thicken it.
Possibly protein powder which may make you feel full longer.
Possibly some veggies for health.

I personally find I need a little flavoring added, vanilla and cinammon do the trick for me. Yumm, I think I'll dust off my blender. :mornincoffee:

villagegolfer
08-09-2011, 10:41 AM

I personally find I need a little flavoring added, vanilla and cinammon do the trick for me. Yumm, I think I'll dust off my blender. :mornincoffee:

I agree, I think it is time to find my old Vita Mix. It does make a great Pina colada, though.:D

PJOHNS2654
08-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Hi All,

Thanks!

8 ozl. milk, 3-4tbs. greek yogurt, dash vanilla, frozen bannana pieces, frozen pinapple chunks,and or strawberries/blueberries. Blend, place in jar pack in ice and enjoy on golf course or drink immediately.

Alternate milk, greek yogurt, vanilla and peanut butter, chocolate syrup, frozen bannana and or ice. soften peanut butter and chocolate in microwave first.

batman911
08-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Lets keep it real simple.

1 Bananna
3 oranges (remove peel and white pulp)
2/3 cup of milk
2 cups crushed ice
2 tbs sugar (or McCormick Orange Smoothie Mix)

Just enjoy it.

uujudy
08-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Thanks so much for all these wonderful recipes!
I've had fun ninja-ing up everything in the house! :mmmm:

Davidalvin
03-15-2012, 07:35 AM
Here’s my recipe. It does include protein powder (either whey or soy)..but it’s good for you and it adds to the flavor. You can buy it at WalMart.

1 Scoop of chocolate (or vanilla) protein powder
1 heaping Tbs of natural peanut butter
1 cup of frozen fruit (my favorite is strawberries and/or bananas)
1/4 cup of milk

Blend...add more milk if it’s too thick, add more frozen fruit if it’s not thick enough.

Drink. Yum.
Looking sounds good....i sure will must be try this at home.....i also found one this type of nice recipe from home magazine.I sure will must be next time post here.....Thanks for sharing this....

Happinow
03-15-2012, 07:49 AM
If you Google smoothie recipes you will come up with a lot. I use Google for a mass of info. Have fun and drink up!

Pookirgirl
03-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Wanna fattening one???? How about a Shamrock Shake for St. Pat's Day?

3C Vanilla Ice Cream
1 3/4 C 1% Milk
1/2 tsp. Peppermint Extract
Green Food Coloring

Blend it and ENJOY.... (you may want to substitute with Peppermint Schnapps)

Mintjulep
03-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Or a 'diet' one that's great for breakfast!

Pineapple upside down cake smoothie

2 oz. liquid pasteurized egg white (ie. eggbeaters)
½ cup unsweetened crushed pineapple
5 crushed ice cubes
1 teaspoon Davinci's Sugar Free White Chocolate Flavored Syrup

Toss all ingredients into the blender (or tall cup of the Magic Bullet). Blend on high speed. This has a baked flavor but also a marshmallow flavor and consistency.

Pturner
03-16-2012, 09:10 PM

That's my basic go-to smoothie too: yogurt, whatever fresh fruit I have and some spinach. Or same except whey protein powder/water or skim milk as the liquid instead of yogurt. I often add cinnamon because it helps you burn calories, plus tastes good. :)

My smoothie maker is the Blendtec. Love it!

uujudy
03-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Wanna fattening one???? How about a Shamrock Shake for St. Pat's Day?

3C Vanilla Ice Cream
1 3/4 C 1% Milk
1/2 tsp. Peppermint Extract
Green Food Coloring

Blend it and ENJOY.... (you may want to substitute with Peppermint Schnapps)

Thanks! I'd be more likely to have Peppermint Schnapps on hand than Peppermint Extract.... :p