PDA

View Full Version : A good blender??

hulababy
06-27-2012, 07:04 AM
hi ladies I just bought another blender Oster and it does not work well. I try to make smoothies often so basically all they consist of is frozen fruit. when the motor turns on it blends what is on bottom of glass however the frozen items near top never get touched. Therefore it seems to me the power isnt sufficient enough. anyone else experience this or can recommend a great blender?? Prior to this one I had bought for $100 a Better Homes and Garden one and that had same problem. They just don't make things the way they used to.

Send suggestions my way for a blender that REALLLY WORKS GOOD!! thanks

BeeGee
06-27-2012, 07:11 AM
Cuisinart SmartPower Deluxe Blender has lasted longer than the others - it works great....has a glass jar which was very important to me and it stands up to the job of making smoothies, several times a week - Kohl's has it on sale this week, too!!! Wish you luck!!!

PJOHNS2654
06-27-2012, 08:13 AM
We add milk, yogurt vanilla, and one fruit(frozen) start on slow speed and then blend, add another frozen fruit and do the same.

graciegirl
06-27-2012, 08:15 AM
Glad to hear of a top notch blender. VERY occasionally we make homemade malts and our Oster isn't up to the job.

Sable99
06-27-2012, 08:32 AM
I have a Vitamix and love it. I love it so much that when I drive to Florida I take it with me!! It is a little pricey though. I got mine at QVC when it was a TSV.

I make protein shakes every day -- sometimes twice a day. My shakes have a frozen banana and several frozen strawberries and the Vitamix pulvarizes them. Also it gets rid of seeds and you can blend up gel caps.

The Vitamix is made in Ohio and I think it has a 5 year warranty. The warranty may be longer.

quirky3
06-27-2012, 08:33 AM
hi ladies I just bought another blender Oster and it does not work well. I try to make smoothies often so basically all they consist of is frozen fruit. when the motor turns on it blends what is on bottom of glass however the frozen items near top never get touched. Therefore it seems to me the power isnt sufficient enough. anyone else experience this or can recommend a great blender?? Prior to this one I had bought for $100 a Better Homes and Garden one and that had same problem. They just don't make things the way they used to.

Send suggestions my way for a blender that REALLLY WORKS GOOD!! thanks

Hi - frozen fruit sometimes clumps and freezes together, and will not sink to the bottom near the blades. A few ideas - like one other poster said, add liquid to encourage movement; also you can thaw the fruit a little. I have read reviews of high-powered blenders on Amazon.com and people still complain about the formation of an air bubble that keeps the food from the blender blades. I think it is more related to what you are blending.

texasfal
06-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Gotta get a Ninja. My husband makes smoothies all the time and he swears by his Ninja.

gomoho
06-27-2012, 08:55 AM
I love my Ninja as well - make a smoothie every morning and yes the key is to have a small amount of liquid in the bottom.

lightworker888
06-27-2012, 09:24 AM
I have a Vitamix and have had it for over 20+ yrs. and it is still going strong. A number of years ago my DH put it in the dishwasher and the blade seized and Vitamix sent us a new blade unit free and we have been using it ever since and adding soap and putting it on low to wash it out. It is very easy to clean and no parts to get misplaced. It crushes ice for smoothies and purees anything that I have put in. We got ours at a Home Show and I know that you can probably get them on sale online these days. Money well spent when you consider the lifetime use. Don't think I'll ever have to replace it.

LW888

leenie24
06-27-2012, 09:31 AM
I have used a number of blenders and the only one I swear by is Vitamixer. This blender is a mutlitasker. I make smoothees every day and I use frozen fruit, ice, raw vegetables, etc. It is expensive, however, to me it is worth it.

I also have a Ninja, which also works well and is less expensive.

RLNLB
06-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Check out Vita Mix.

uujudy
06-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Here's another vote for the Ninja. I bought mine from LadyDoc, who posted it for sale right here on TOTV, and it works great! It makes great smoothies & it also crushes ice for frozen beverages. It's the best blender I ever owned. Thanks, LadyDoc! :thumbup:

batman911
06-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Smoothie Blenders | Blenders for Smoothies | Hamilton Beach (http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/products/blenders-smoothie-blenders.html)

Hand Blender | Hand Held Blender | Hamilton Beach (http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/products/blenders-hand-held-blenders.html)

mfp509
06-27-2012, 06:55 PM
I also have the Vitamix and love it. Yes, it is expensive so I bought a refurbished one and it comes with the same warranty. Never had a problem.

lightworker888
06-27-2012, 07:38 PM
I have a hunch that the Nutribullet is a spin off from the Magic Bullet. They also made a Kiddy Bullet for baby food and a few other similar blenders. We got a Magic Bullet Juicer and returned it as it had no power to really do much more than mixing drinks. Just a thought. I have learned that in this kind of product, you do get what you pay for, so make sure you figure out what you want to do with the appliance and that you get it from a source that will give you a refund should it not meet your needs. JMHO

LW888

Cedwards38
06-27-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm a fan of the Kitchen Aide B560. This thing could blend rocks and doesn't cost an arm and a leg, ..................just a leg. I bought a refurbished one for around 60 bucks and it does the job.

gustavo
06-27-2012, 10:45 PM
I have a nutribullet and love it. It is a workhorse and nothing like the magic bullet. Pulverizes every and anything. Regardless of ingredients you need some liquid to get the process going.

hulababy
07-03-2012, 02:09 PM
I always wondered about the VitaMix and see you ladies like it. It may be worth it even though expensive. I did see two different type Ninja's in Walmart other day and was wondering if they were good. When I make smoothies I usually do add some apple juice, yogurt, so there is liquid but also lots of frozen fruit and it just doesn't make it without lumps. Where do you find the VitaMix? And which Ninja did you purchase? the more expensive one? thanks

Sable99
07-03-2012, 02:56 PM
I always wondered about the VitaMix and see you ladies like it. It may be worth it even though expensive. I did see two different type Ninja's in Walmart other day and was wondering if they were good. When I make smoothies I usually do add some apple juice, yogurt, so there is liquid but also lots of frozen fruit and it just doesn't make it without lumps. Where do you find the VitaMix? And which Ninja did you purchase? the more expensive one? thanks

I am hard on blenders as I put frozen fruit and ice in them all the time! I usually have two protein shakes a day with both frozen bananas and frozen strawberries. I have had both the Magic Bullet and the Ninja and didn't like them. But, that has been a few years ago and they may have improved.

As I said before, I love my Vitamix. I got mine on QVC when it was a Today's Special Value! I admit they are pricey. QVC usually gives you extras with big purchases plus easy pay. Luckily, I split my cost with Mom!

asianthree
07-03-2012, 04:39 PM
like my vitamix but i can buy alot of ninjas for that price everyday is ninja, vitamix comes out for somethings

duffysmom
07-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Love my vita mixer. I'm not a big veggie person so I blend raw kale, broccoli, carrot, fruit (blueberries, apple) a tomato and 1/2 frozen bannana and YUM.
Sounds awful but it's actually sweet. Sometimes I add a couple Tbs of greek yougurt. It makes me feel healthy.:p

Sable99
07-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Love my vita mixer. I'm not a big veggie person so I blend raw kale, broccoli, carrot, fruit (blueberries, apple) a tomato and 1/2 frozen bannana and YUM.
Sounds awful but it's actually sweet. Sometimes I add a couple Tbs of greek yougurt. It makes me feel healthy.:p

Yum, is right. I'm not a big veggie eater either and I will have to try it!!

Pturner
07-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Vitamix and Blendtec are the best "top of the line" blenders for frozen smoothies. Either will handle frozen fruit, whole fruits, nuts and greens if you decide to add them, with ease.

I considered both and purchased the Blendtec, which I love. www.blendtec.com (http://www.blendtec.com/). My main reason for choosing that one is that it will fit under a kitchen counter, whereas the Vitamix will not. The Blendtec has more horsepower and a blade design that does not require a tamper. It works fabulously.

Here is a good link comparing the two: The Best Blender Comparison: Vitamix vs Blendtec | Incredible Smoothies (http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/blender-guide/best-blender-vitamix-vs-blendtec/)

If you're a smoothie junkie like me, and feel you can justify the cost, you will definitely not go wrong with either of these blenders.

wendyquat
07-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Love my Ninja!

Lynnelf
07-04-2012, 02:47 PM
I know exactly what you're saying about blenders! I finally found one I really like. It is the Ninja blender. I got mine at Target. The motor is actually a hand held device that you put on the top of your pitcher and it blends from the top. It has a pitcher and a smaller container for chopping and they each have a lid so that you can put them directly into the refrigerator for storage. Cleans up easily! It was about $50. I hear that they have a larger and more expensive version of the Ninja also. I make smoothies with mine every night for a snack.

ladydoc
07-04-2012, 03:29 PM
I have used a number of blenders and the only one I swear by is Vitamixer. This blender is a mutlitasker. I make smoothees every day and I use frozen fruit, ice, raw vegetables, etc. It is expensive, however, to me it is worth it.

I also have a Ninja, which also works well and is less expensive.

I also have both and both do an excellent job. The main difference is price. The vitamix was $500 in 1985 (still works perfectly) and the ninja kitchen system (the one with both canisters) was about $125, I think ( I have all the attachments). We have made excellent pizza dough in the ninja as well as cookie batter. Another difference is that the vitamix can make hot soup while the ninja can not.

ladydoc
07-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Here's another vote for the Ninja. I bought mine from LadyDoc, who posted it for sale right here on TOTV, and it works great! It makes great smoothies & it also crushes ice for frozen beverages. It's the best blender I ever owned. Thanks, LadyDoc! :thumbup:

you are most welcome!!!

jdsl1998
07-04-2012, 07:01 PM
I LOVE my Ninja. Several friends and family have bought one after using ours. If something happened to it today, I'd buy another one tomorrow.

sunglow
07-17-2012, 07:01 AM
The Vitamix is the best. I've had mine for 25 years and it's still working great. It's the machine Starbucks uses. They are expensive but definitely worth it. You can make soup, salsas, peanut butter and of course, smoothies.

missypie
07-17-2012, 08:13 AM
Vitamix and Blendtec are the best "top of the line" blenders for frozen smoothies. Either will handle frozen fruit, whole fruits, nuts and greens if you decide to add them, with ease.

I considered both and purchased the Blendtec, which I love. www.blendtec.com (http://www.blendtec.com/). My main reason for choosing that one is that it will fit under a kitchen counter, whereas the Vitamix will not. The Blendtec has more horsepower and a blade design that does not require a tamper. It works fabulously.

Here is a good link comparing the two: The Best Blender Comparison: Vitamix vs Blendtec | Incredible Smoothies (http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/blender-guide/best-blender-vitamix-vs-blendtec/)

If you're a smoothie junkie like me, and feel you can justify the cost, you will definitely not go wrong with either of these blenders.

We own a business and only use Blendtec. The price is up there, but once you have a Blendtec, you'll never go back. We add fresh fruit, ice, alittle milk, or smoothie mix. It grinds away and viola! The best smoothie ever!

Sable99
07-17-2012, 08:36 AM

Okay, so I admit I am a smoothie and a Vitamix junkie. I got mine on QVC when it was a TSV. Not only was it cheaper that day but this model fits under the kitchen counter. I leave mine out because I use it every day.

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned about the Vitamix is that it removes all the seeds. That is big health issue for some people. I would think the Blendtec might do this too since it sounds like it is also a very powerful blender.