PDA

View Full Version : Similar to Nona's Recipe

senior citizen
10-06-2012, 06:44 AM
Similar to Nona's recipe (in her head or memory, not from a book or website) except she used "pancetta" finely diced up.....my Italian dad used both, depending on which was handy....the bacon or the pancetta.

It's actually used very sparingly, in the larger scheme of things.......just for flavor.

Pasta Carbonara | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2012/05/pasta-carbonara/)

For those of you who remember your grandma (nona) making spaghetti carbonara,

please keep scrolling all the way to the very bottom, past all the photos, for the recipe.

For those who are avid vegans, vegetarians or lactose intolerant, do not even peek.

jblum315
10-06-2012, 07:42 AM
Pasta Carbonara - oh yeah. The best thing in the world.
I have never added onions to mine. Garlic yes, onions never. Will have to try it with the onions. Makes it healthier (onions are a vegetable, right?)
Really makes no difference whether you use pancetta or bacon.

senior citizen
10-06-2012, 07:46 AM
Pasta Carbonara - oh yeah. The best thing in the world.
I have never added onions to mine. Garlic yes, onions never. Will have to try it with the onions. Makes it healthier (onions are a vegetable, right?)
Really makes no difference whether you use pancetta or bacon.

Of course. Vidalia onions are the best. Garlic is a natural antibiotic and I'm pretty sure onions are as well. Sulphur. Anyway, the garlic will keep the vampires away on Halloween.............