PDA

View Full Version : Weird diet

jblum315
12-06-2012, 05:14 PM
I read a magazine story today while I was getting my hair done. A 40-year-old woman who eats only 4 foods - white bread, potatoes (mostly french fries), potato chips and milk. She is a successful real estate agent with a husband and two kids who eat normal food. She says she has never eaten a green vegetable, never eaten any meat or fish. She says her doctor says she is perfectly healthy, normal weight. She does take a multivitamin. She says if she puts a bit of meat or lettuce in her mouth she has to spit it out, cannot swallow it.
Sounds unbelievable, but apparently there are quite a few adult picky eaters. Duke U. did a study of them.

Happinow
12-06-2012, 09:37 PM
That is weird. It's surprising what lengths people will go to to lose weight. Many are unhealthy. I did Weight Watchers and never ate so healthy and sensible in my life. Truly a great diet.

Bill-n-Brillo
12-06-2012, 09:41 PM
I don't get the sense the person was trying to diet. From the description in the post, it sounds like "Selective Eating Disorder":

Selective eating disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_eating_disorder)

Bill :)

jblum315
12-07-2012, 05:24 AM
She's not trying to lose weight. She just cannot eat anything else