PDA

View Full Version : Kickoff from the 20?

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
01-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Who'd be in favor of seeing the NFL move the kickoff spot back to the 20 yard line? It seems that unless there is bad weather every kick goes either deep into the end zone or beyond the end zone. I'd prefer to see more run backs.

ijusluvit
01-13-2013, 03:31 PM
I love the game but have to admit that with the unprecedented speed, size and strength of players today, runbacks are huge injury risks. Put the ball on the 20 and every kick will be returned. Teams will come up with ways of raising the brutality to all new levels.

I'd rather the NFL experimented with eliminating kickoffs and having teams simply start from a particular yardline. How about a choice? Start at the 30 or take the kickoff.

LI SNOWBIRD
01-14-2013, 09:59 AM
The NFL could take a cue from th XFL and place the ball on the 50 yd. line and have each team on either side of the ball; and have the special teams run to the ball on signal and then fight over possession.
Vince McMahon could oversee these plays with sidekick Hulk Hogan.

:0000000000luvmyhors

waynet
01-14-2013, 10:27 AM
It's already too easy to score.

justjim
01-14-2013, 10:31 AM
I love the game but have to admit that with the unprecedented speed, size and strength of players today, runbacks are huge injury risks. Put the ball on the 20 and every kick will be returned. Teams will come up with ways of raising the brutality to all new levels.

I'd rather the NFL experimented with eliminating kickoffs and having teams simply start from a particular yardline. How about a choice? Start at the 30 or take the kickoff.

:evil6: If you eliminate kickoff returns, how about punt returns. To me both are part of the excitement of the game. What's next? flag football?? I don't have a problem of moving the ball back another 10 yards.

2BNTV
01-14-2013, 10:37 AM
Although I would like more kickoff returns, the risk of injury is much greater. moving the ball back to the 20 is a little extreme and would automatically give the offense good field position.

Moving it back five yards would return it back to it's original kick-off spot. The powers that be in the NFL seem to want to keep it as is.

tkret
01-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Roger Goodell mulls idea of eliminating NFL kickoffs - NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000106654/article/roger-goodell-mulls-idea-of-eliminating-nfl-kickoffs)

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
01-20-2013, 06:23 PM

That would pretty much eliminate kickoffs. I can't imagine a team given the option of the ball on the 30 or a kickoff taking the kickoff. What happens to ball kicked into or over the end zone? Do they still come out to the 20?

BarryRX
01-20-2013, 06:31 PM
Here is the "outside the box" solution the NFL is considering to eliminate the devastating injuries that occur on kick returns.
After a team scores, they will keep the ball. The ball is placed on their own 30 yard line and it is 4th down and 15. They can either go for it or punt. There are statistically far fewer injuries on punt returns then there are on kickoffs.