PDA

View Full Version : Priceline Ad

Madelaine Amee
02-16-2013, 04:00 PM
I am a sucker for Priceline Ads with William Shatner, but this new one with Kaley Cuoco as William Shatner's Daughter is driving me crazy.

Does anyone know what she says to him when she gets into his sports car and gives him the message from the monk, and he ends with "well your accent needs a little work"?

2newyorkers
02-16-2013, 04:55 PM
She says: Well, Dad, spent my childhood living with monks, learning the art of deal making. Love The Big Bang Theory.

Madelaine Amee
02-16-2013, 06:31 PM
She says: Well, Dad, spent my childhood living with monks, learning the art of deal making. Love The Big Bang Theory.

There is something after that, ending in Monk. That's when he says "your accent needs some work".

TednRobin
02-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Love that commercial too, I believe she replies something in the language of the monks(not sure what language)and he replies to that, "her accent needs work".

Waynecarla
02-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Maybe it's KLINGON :)

JoeC1947
02-18-2013, 09:16 AM
She says "Na ja donkoy monk" which means "I slept with the monk". It must be true because I saw it on the internet!

renielarson
02-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Someone on another forum posted this:

Topic: CC translates new Priceline ad
Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 1:49am

In the new Priceline ad, where William Shatner is picking up Kaley Cuoco and she says something in a foreign language, he responds with "your accent needs work" something to that effect. I had my Closed Captioning on & guess what, it "translated" what she says!

"he said you owed him five bucks"

what other secrets does closed captioning have? I've seen some funny stuff. But isn't that funny? The translation is on CC, but not on the commercial itself.

Madelaine Amee
02-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Either "He said you owed him five bucks" or "I slept with the monk" would be believable from the look on Shatner's face and his reply. He is in the 80s and he's still as good as ever - proving, once again, that age is just a number!

TrudyM
02-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Mediocre -
IMHO
Either "He said you owed him five bucks" or "I slept with the monk" would be believable from the look on Shatner's face and his reply. He is in the 80s and he's still as good as ever - proving, once again, that age is just a number!

gomoho
02-18-2013, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the translation - was wondering that myself. Hahahahahaha.

Mack184
03-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Someone on another forum posted this:

Topic: CC translates new Priceline ad
Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 1:49am

In the new Priceline ad, where William Shatner is picking up Kaley Cuoco and she says something in a foreign language, he responds with "your accent needs work" something to that effect. I had my Closed Captioning on & guess what, it "translated" what she says!

"he said you owed him five bucks"

what other secrets does closed captioning have? I've seen some funny stuff. But isn't that funny? The translation is on CC, but not on the commercial itself.
I was in a place where the TV was running CC and I saw that. Very interesting that the extra piece is thrown in.

Sort of like carefully reading the rolling movie credits from Airplane. There are lots of jokes buried in the credits.