PDA

View Full Version : Great way to enjoy your broccoli

senior citizen
04-09-2013, 06:19 AM
Baby Broccoli and Spaghetti / Broccolini e Spaghetti (http://www.ciaoitalia.com/seasons/10/1006/baby-broccoli-and-spaghetti)

You can totally eliminate the pancetta. I do. It’s still great.

Wonderful tasty way to get your broccoli..........I’ve made it with angel hair and also linguini.

Lots of garlic......more than she uses.

missypie
04-09-2013, 07:37 AM
What great recipes that you are posting on here! Thank you!

senior citizen
04-09-2013, 07:45 AM
What great recipes that you are posting on here! Thank you!

Thank you. You know, I can get my meat loving husband to eat his veggies as long as they taste good.........and after 48 years of marriage, he even eats broccoli now..........and brussel sprouts. When I married him , all he ate was corn and peas and green beans (out of a can) whereas I was raised on all types of vegetables, made from scratch.

Thanks again. I appreciate your positive comment.

All veggies taste good sauteed with a "touch" of olive oil and lots of garlic.
You can even get kids to eat their spinach that way.

missypie
04-09-2013, 08:37 AM
Thank you. You know, I can get my meat loving husband to eat his veggies as long as they taste good.........and after 48 years of marriage, he even eats broccoli now..........and brussel sprouts. When I married him , all he ate was corn and peas and green beans (out of a can) whereas I was raised on all types of vegetables, made from scratch.

Thanks again. I appreciate your positive comment.

All veggies taste good sauteed with a "touch" of olive oil and lots of garlic.
You can even get kids to eat their spinach that way.

Oh I am totally lost without my garlic and Trader Joes Olive Oil!!!

senior citizen
04-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Oh I am totally lost without my garlic and Trader Joes Olive Oil!!!

I agree. Irregardless of the fact it is an oil, the combo of garlic and olive oil can't be beat as far as adding flavor to any dish.

Also keeps the vampires away.......

graciegirl
04-09-2013, 09:11 AM
Here is a recipe our Helene loves for broccoli salad.

Put broccoli in cuisinart and chop fine like slaw.

Add a handful of raisins or dried cranberries and a handful of grated cheese maybe a few mandarin oranges if you have them..canned.

Add chopped fine green onion and either poppy seed dressing or make your own from mayonaisse with a little sugar tsp to tablespoon depending on amount of salad... enough to moisten. Salt and pepper too if you want it. I don't use it. Mayonaise has enough salt.

Better the next day.

Portia
04-09-2013, 10:35 AM
just steamed with olive oil crushed garlic and red pepper, and lemon juice ..yum

senior citizen
04-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Here is a recipe our Helene loves for broccoli salad.

Put broccoli in cuisinart and chop fine like slaw.

Add a handful of raisins or dried cranberries and a handful of grated cheese maybe a few mandarin oranges if you have them..canned.

Add chopped fine green onion and either poppy seed dressing or make your own from mayonaisse with a little sugar tsp to tablespoon depending on amount of salad... enough to moisten. Salt and pepper too if you want it. I don't use it. Mayonaise has enough salt.

Better the next day.

That one is a KEEPER. I am saving it plus printing it out......thankyou.
I'll definitely try this one.

senior citizen
04-09-2013, 05:50 PM
just steamed with olive oil crushed garlic and red pepper, and lemon juice ..yum

Yes, I was raised on broccoli prepared like that.........it's great.