PDA

View Full Version : churches below 466A

nancy03743
07-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Hi,

Are there any churches below 466A that you can drive your golf car to? I live on Allaire Loop in Fernandina. I realize you can drive your golf car to Spanish Springs if you want but looking for a church closer to our home. Thanks much, Nancy

mulligan
07-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Nope

Weathernut35
07-01-2013, 10:45 AM
New Covenant United Methodist Church is opening a second location down by Brownwood.

NotGolfer
07-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Live Oaks Community Church meets in the Wildwood Country Resorts rec building. Go straight south on Buena Vista to the stop-light and the resort is across 44 right there. BUT you have to have a street legal golf-cart to get there. Otherwise go to www.liveoakschurch.org and ask if there is anyone you could catch a ride with.

The church is friendly, is Bible-based preaching (the inerrant word of God) and meets at 9:30 on Sunday.

YouNeverKnow
07-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Hi,

Are there any churches below 466A that you can drive your golf car to? I live on Allaire Loop in Fernandina. I realize you can drive your golf car to Spanish Springs if you want but looking for a church closer to our home. Thanks much, Nancy
We just moved into Abana Path in Fernandina this past week and attended the Fairway Christian Church on 466 East of Morse Blvd. Sunday. We drove our golf cart there (took about 25 minutes) It's a beautiful beautiful ride!
We enjoyed the service very much.

graciegirl
07-01-2013, 12:41 PM
St. Vincent de Paul Roman Catholic Church is close to the government building/ library on 466A/ Sweetbay but not golf cart accessible. It is across the road and a short distance down a road. It used to be G.C. accessible from Tamarind Grove and they closed off the construction entrance....if I remember correctly.

Avista
07-01-2013, 01:21 PM
[quote=Weathernut35;700822]New Covenant United Methodist Church is opening a second location down by

Churches Web Site. http://www.newcovenantumc-fl.org/

nancy03743
07-01-2013, 04:49 PM
We just moved into Abana Path in Fernandina this past week and attended the Fairway Christian Church on 466 East of Morse Blvd. Sunday. We drove our golf cart there (took about 25 minutes) It's a beautiful beautiful ride!
We enjoyed the service very much.

Thanks to everyone who replied. Michinganders, this is good to know. I will check it out. I also want to check out New Covenant especially if it is opening in Brownwood somewhere. When I went to see Don Piper this past May at New Covenant I was extremely impressed with the parking attendants. They were parking cars & having fun doing it. It was very refreshing watching them park people & seeing them having fun at the same time.

nancy03743
07-01-2013, 04:52 PM
[quote=Weathernut35;700822]New Covenant United Methodist Church is opening a second location down by

Churches Web Site. New Covenant United Methodist Church (http://www.newcovenantumc-fl.org/) Thanks for the website Avista. I checked it out and I see where Signature Sounds guys were there on July 28th. I love that group. I will check this church out too when they come to Brownwood. I am so glad they will have a second location.

Paperboy
07-01-2013, 05:44 PM
St. Vincent de Paul Roman Catholic Church is close to the government building/ library on 466A/ Sweetbay but not golf cart accessible. It is across the road and a short distance down a road. It used to be G.C. accessible from Tamarind Grove and they closed off the construction entrance....if I remember correctly.

St. Vincent is a GREAT Catholic parish! Will be even BETTER when new church is occupied in the spring of 2014.

Avista
07-01-2013, 06:14 PM
We moved here 6 1/2 years ago. New Covenant organized small groups by neighborhoods. Six years later I am still with this wonderful group,of women.

DianeM
07-01-2013, 06:22 PM

Thank you very much for the info. I thought all there was was St. Timothy by Spanish Springs and that's far from Gilchrist.

Pastor Jim
07-29-2013, 10:51 PM
New Covenant United Methodist Church is opening a second location down by Brownwood.

I'm the pastor of the New Lake Deaton Campus for New Covenant UMC and we are getting ready to begin to worship and have several gatherings this fall. Hope you can come and visit us.

Pastor Jim
07-29-2013, 10:52 PM
I'm the pastor of the New Lake Deaton Campus for New Covenant UMC and we are getting ready to begin to worship and have several gatherings this fall. Hope you can come and visit us.

Snookie
09-03-2013, 10:17 PM
As of now there are no churches south of 466A but we are building the only church that is going to be there. Starting in October we will be meeting in rec centers below 466a. We will be building shortly but it will be completed in 2 years and it will be golf cart accessible. It will be called Lake Deaton UMC. It is going to be an extension of New Covenant UMC.
at the water tower on Buena Vista go 3/4 around the rotary and it will be down at the bend in the road. We have a cross erected at the property.

Please come and join us.

Love2cruise
09-04-2013, 09:13 AM
As of now there are no churches south of 466A but we are building the only church that is going to be there. Starting in October we will be meeting in rec centers below 466a. We will be building shortly but it will be completed in 2 years and it will be golf cart accessible. It will be called Lake Deaton UMC. It is going to be an extension of New Covenant UMC.
at the water tower on Buena Vista go 3/4 around the rotary and it will be down at the bend in the road. We have a cross erected at the property.

Please come and join us.

Can you tell me what "UMC" Stands for? Is that Methodist?

Avista
09-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Can you tell me what "UMC" Stands for? Is that Methodist?

United Methodist Church

Bavarian
09-16-2013, 01:14 PM

Shame, Schad

janmcn
09-16-2013, 01:41 PM
With the opening of the new Baptist church yesterday, there are now seven churches of all denominations golf-cart accessible north of CR466. If the Church on the Square reopens as a church, that will make eight. At this time, there is not one church south of CR466 that is golf-cart accessible.

kittygilchrist
09-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Worth the ride...4.3 miles from Brownwood.
Grace Tabernacle, 2.7 miles east on 44 from Buena Vista, right on 468, 1.6 miles to Grace Tab on the left.
Grace Tabernacle Where Grace Happens (http://www.gracetab.org)
(addressed in wildwood, but way east of wildwood downtown)

graciegirl
09-16-2013, 02:00 PM
With the opening of the new Baptist church yesterday, there are now seven churches of all denominations golf-cart accessible north of CR466. If the Church on the Square reopens as a church, that will make eight. At this time, there is not one church south of CR466 that is golf-cart accessible.

I believe that there will be churches in the new areas in time..

Church's generally do not build along the same guidelines as commercial properties. Good hearted people and the Holy Spirit are generally behind them.

Kpoole
10-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Hi,

Nancy,

We are starting a moderate Baptist church on November 3rd at 10:00 at the Barnstorm Theater. We would love to have you visit. You can reach us at 352.630.3221. The name of the church is Brownwood Baptist Church. Please call if you have any questions. Hope to hear from you soon. Donn & Katherine Poole

Avista
10-10-2013, 05:42 PM

Lake Deaton United Methodist Church (a sister church to New Covenant behind Crispers 466) is being started by Pastor Jim Divine. They have property to build and will be meeting at local rec centers temporarily. Property IS golf cart accessible!