Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Contractors & Lawn Mowing (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-contractors-lawn-mowing-272/)
-   -   service smart problems (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-contractors-lawn-mowing-272/service-smart-problems-142581/)

mooser 02-08-2015 10:04 AM

service smart problems

Has anyone else had problems with this landscaping comany. We have some major issues that need resolved and no one will return our calls. Have tryed to get hold of company and the salesman, both with no success.

ortman118 03-14-2015 10:59 AM

We had stellar and absolutely loved them. As soon as they merged with service smart we have had continuous problems, billing issues, lawn issues and calls to the office yield no or dismal results.

Paperboy 03-14-2015 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ortman118;1028***
We had stellar and absolutely loved them. As soon as they merged with service smart we have had continuous problems, billing issues, lawn issues and calls to the office yield no or dismal results.

I'm quitting Service Smart & going with Deans who only charge U 2 months at a time. I don't want to pay for a year in advance to get shoddy service!

SisalPhil 03-23-2015 06:36 PM

In one word ~ TERRIBLE

Carla B 03-23-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paperboy (Post 1028623)
I'm quitting Service Smart & going with Deans who only charge U 2 months at a time. I don't want to pay for a year in advance to get shoddy service!

Will Dean's mow every week for you this summer? We tried the two-week mowing schedule with Stellar last summer and our lawn looked like the house was abandoned.

xcaligirl 03-23-2015 08:24 PM

Unfortunately I had Stellar a few days before they merged and they were HORRIBLE! They took out (actually chopped it down) a tree, pulled out a lot of plants and replanted. There were 5 to 6 new plants that died. I called the company and never received a response. They were really pushing yard service and I finally told him that I wasn't interested after the mess they left! All the landscaping lights were on the lawn in the back....the 'supervisor' saw the mess but then said they probably weren't working anyways! WHAT?? All lights were working prior to the 'Stellar attack'. They didn't do what was promised....

wisbad1 03-24-2015 09:28 AM

have fertigator for two years, never a problem. great service!!!!

ufu1395 07-22-2015 08:07 PM

I've been in Villages a week, signed a year contract with Service Smart. Forum reviews are old. Does anyone have current feedback to share? Any possibility of getting my money back if dissatisfied? Also, now they are knocking on my door for landscaping job at very competitve price and 5 year warranty. Comments welcome asap please

village dreamer 07-22-2015 08:44 PM

run..........as fast as you can.

ufu1395 07-22-2015 08:49 PM

thanks

Barefoot 07-22-2015 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooser (Post 1008560)
Has anyone else had problems with this landscaping comany. We have some major issues that need resolved and no one will return our calls. Have tryed to get hold of company and the salesman, both with no success.

There have been many threads about Service Smart.
The best way to see previous threads about Service Smart is to use the Search button above.
It's a great way to access information on any topic.
Good luck with your landscaping issues.

Bryan 07-23-2015 06:17 AM

If you have problems with Service Smart, or with any vendor, visit Seniors Vs Crime at one of their three offices in The Villages for assistance. They are very helpful in resolving these issues. They have offices with the Marion County Sheriff on Mulberry Lane, with the Sumter County Sheriff at the Government Annex on 466, and with the Wildwood Police at the Brownwood Square.

vinricci 07-23-2015 06:27 AM

I have had SS for 15 months and have had no problems. When I call about insects or lawn problems or questions someone answers promptly and workers are dispatched usually in a day or two. Only hang up we had was when merger occurred my lawn got mowed twice in one week.

Villager Dude 07-24-2015 10:39 PM

Seems like with all the SS problems a group could go after them for breach of contract and failure to perform.

Maybe not worth it on an individual basis but maybe as a group.

Jima64 07-25-2015 07:10 AM

Lg. versus small co?

Seems that most are complaining about these larger companies. Ironic how most get bad service and the one posting pops up with excellent service. This makes me want to look for the self employed type of person that does the work themself.

fhiggi 08-06-2015 08:31 AM

I went with Service Smart for weeding and shrub/tree trimming back in March. So far, they have come on the schedule they set out, and I have virtually no weeds, and the shrubs/trees look great. I am dealing with one sales person and he is great. I also met the supervisor, who has come out to check on the services. I was initially worried after seeing all the negative comments, which is why I only went with the two services. Since then, I signed up for termite control (since my contract with Massey was up). They came out when they said they would, they did what they had to do, and here's hoping it works. They were less expensive than Massey would have been because I have other services with them. And I like the people. I will probably keep Massey for insect and irrigation, but I'm going with Service Smart for lawn care. Massey's lawn care people haven't gotten rid of my weeds and I have sod web worms that turn into moths, and they can't seem to get rid of them either.

Jima64 08-06-2015 08:35 AM

termite service?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fhiggi (Post 1096548)
I went with Service Smart for weeding and shrub/tree trimming back in March. So far, they have come on the schedule they set out, and I have virtually no weeds, and the shrubs/trees look great. I am dealing with one sales person and he is great. I also met the supervisor, who has come out to check on the services. I was initially worried after seeing all the negative comments, which is why I only went with the two services. Since then, I signed up for termite control (since my contract with Massey was up). They came out when they said they would, they did what they had to do, and here's hoping it works. They were less expensive than Massey would have been because I have other services with them. And I like the people. I will probably keep Massey for insect and irrigation, but I'm going with Service Smart for lawn care. Massey's lawn care people haven't gotten rid of my weeds and I have sod web worms that turn into moths, and they can't seem to get rid of them either.

I would be interested in knowing what they did for you as a termite service, and if they used chemicals, which termite chemical. Also the price of your bond and your renewal fee for next year. Your first post and so glowing for SS.

Ginnybugs 08-28-2015 01:08 PM

We've got Service Smart and can't wait until our contract runs out in Nov. Our lawn looks so bad, we have neighbors complaining. I keep calling Service Smart, but with no luck. Just don't have a clue to go with in Nov. Anyway know of a lawn cutting service that is outstanding? Or is that asking for too much???

Fraugoofy 08-28-2015 01:32 PM

Fertigator has been good for us so far. Had them about a month.

Paperboy 08-28-2015 04:56 PM

Call Terrell Caruthers (352-617-2968), Terrell's Lawn Care; 7 of my neighbors & I have him do our lawns. Now he cuts weekly & in the winter every other week. Pay monthly & for a cottage lot charges $40.00; he is VERY DEPENDABLE.

jake3457 09-12-2015 06:33 AM

Service smart

Quote:

Originally Posted by ortman118;1028***

Total unethical company.....RUN from them

Jima64 09-12-2015 07:51 AM

Make sure

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginnybugs (Post 1105710)
We've got Service Smart and can't wait until our contract runs out in Nov. Our lawn looks so bad, we have neighbors complaining. I keep calling Service Smart, but with no luck. Just don't have a clue to go with in Nov. Anyway know of a lawn cutting service that is outstanding? Or is that asking for too much???

When your year is coming up make darn sure they are aware and confirm you are ending service with them.

avionmix 11-05-2015 11:06 AM

I use Service Smart and have not been happy. I paid a year in advance and will not do that again. Looking to change.

D&Lsunfun 11-05-2015 12:07 PM

we changed recently, actually 8 people on our street changed lawn services. we are now using: FALCON LAWN & PEST GLENN 352-461-3399
this company is from Orlando and in business since 1969 and full service:
lawn and trimming/fertilization/pest/termites
rumor has it: Service Smart will be leaving The Villages.

The20Percent 11-05-2015 12:41 PM

I would bet Service Smart will not be leaving The Villages, only changing their companies bad name so that they can start attracting "victims" once again! Do your homework next time by checking the BBB website on a business, do a search here on totv for feedback and certainly never pay a year in advance to ANY lawn company again.

Barefoot 11-05-2015 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D&Lsunfun (Post 1140884)
we changed recently, actually 8 people on our street changed lawn services. we are now using: FALCON LAWN & PEST GLENN 352-461-3399. this company is from Orlando and in business since 1969 and full service: lawn and trimming/fertilization/pest/termites

We have been using Falcon since May and really like them.
They're a full service company and we pay monthly!

fastboat 11-15-2015 12:33 PM

I signed a one year contract with Stellar on a Saturday. Monday Service Smart showed up. Had to fight with them almost every time I wanted something done other than them spraying my lawn for pests. Even had one occasion when one of their techs argued with me about the last time they had fertilized my lawn telling me he just did it a week ago and he could see the fertilizer in the grass. I reminded him that they SPRAY a liquid fertilizer and the reason he saw it in the grass was because I had spread a granular fertilizer the week before with my own spreader. Run, don't walk away from this outfit.

Gerald 11-15-2015 04:27 PM

HAVE service smart. They miss cutting my lawn and I have to call. Miss cutting my plants I have to call, miss weeding I have to call. And every time I call I am told. Sorry will do it tomorrow some times they come. Sometimes I need to call several times. When contract is up I will leave that company in the wind.

normandy 11-15-2015 04:30 PM

service smart

THE PERSON WHO RAN STELLAR INTO THE GROUND HE IS NOW RUNNING SERVICE SMART, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN THEY ARE A TRRRIBLE COMPANY:bigbow::bigbow::bigbow:

vinricci 11-15-2015 07:22 PM

Service Dumb

OverCharged my credit card for an annual renewal and when I called they had no record of my renewal. That was back in July and they still haven't returned my money despite numerous phone calls. My credit card company is also having trouble contacting them. STAY AWAY!

Fraugoofy 11-15-2015 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinricci (Post 1146119)
OverCharged my credit card for an annual renewal and when I called they had no record of my renewal. That was back in July and they still haven't returned my money despite numerous phone calls. My credit card company is also having trouble contacting them. STAY AWAY!

Your credit card company can and should just void the charge for you since it was a fraudulent charge. Might be worth a try. Service Smart is the worst company ever. See my other posts about how I did get my money back...

Fraugoofy 11-15-2015 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ufu1395 (Post 1090562)
I've been in Villages a week, signed a year contract with Service Smart. Forum reviews are old. Does anyone have current feedback to share? Any possibility of getting my money back if dissatisfied? Also, now they are knocking on my door for landscaping job at very competitve price and 5 year warranty. Comments welcome asap please

Yes, the current comments are also right on par with the old ones : do not use service smart. They are simply ineffective and totally rip people off.

Barefoot 11-16-2015 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ufu1395 (Post 1090562)
I've been in Villages a week, signed a year contract with Service Smart.

I suggest you use the search button to look at previous threads about this company.
If many residents consistently complain about a contractor, be very careful.
I'm sorry to hear you paid in advance. Best of luck to you.

MikeV 11-16-2015 01:22 AM

We did not renew our 6 month contract with Service Smart.

Barefoot 11-16-2015 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeV (Post 1146175)
We did not renew our 6 month contract with Service Smart.

That's interesting Mike.
I remember your posts that they were doing an OK job for you.
We changed from Service Smart to Falcon Lawn and Pest in May.
Not because SS was doing a bad job for us; they actually did an OK job.
But the bad press and negative comments made me nervous.
I worried that SS would end up going out of business.

MikeV 11-16-2015 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1146176)
That's interesting Mike.
I remember your posts that they were doing an OK job for you.
We changed from Service Smart to Falcon Lawn and Pest in May.
Not because SS was doing a bad job for us; they actually did an OK job.
But the bad press and negative comments made me nervous.
I worried that SS would end up going out of business.

You are correct. They were doing a good job for a while. Then our lawn started looking bad. Looking at our neighbors lawns compared to ours it is obvious. Our lawn started turning brown and the lawns around us were still green. We did not change our watering pattern. We would get invoices that they fertilized but the lawn did not appear to get healthier. Then we asked to be notified before any trimming was done and twice they did it with no warning at all. My wife was upset because she wanted some bushes trimmed a certain way. Anyway after 3 years of using Stellar then SS we did not renew.

Doglover9409 11-16-2015 02:48 PM

my mom has them for tree trimming. Same thing: never show up, she calls, and they say they'll be there tomorrow, but never show up. Now contract is up and they want to bill for another year, and they never did the last year trims. She is so mad. The tech that came the last time told her they were having problems with workers entering in the computer that they worked when they didn't. So her account shows all these service dates that I know aren't true. A real problem!

village dreamer 11-16-2015 05:55 PM

when I called to cancel , they didn't even care.

Fraugoofy 11-16-2015 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by village dreamer (Post 1146616)

Did u go to their office in person and demand a refund?

Barefoot 11-16-2015 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by village dreamer (Post 1146616)

Same here. I was a customer of Stellar for years and years.
When I called Service Smart to let them know I wouldn't be renewing my contract, no reaction at all.