Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Do It Yourself (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/do-yourself-210/)
-   -   Spare parts Horder?? Maybe (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/do-yourself-210/spare-parts-horder-maybe-343852/)

Topspinmo 09-02-2023 05:34 PM

Spare parts Horder?? Maybe

Ok, was fooling around in my garage working on lighting problem and I realized I have lot of??? well stuff.

If any of my fellow TOTVs posters in pinch needs part I may have saved give me shout. I have some circuit board parts I saved over the years also Here sample of spare parts. I doubt I will ever use up all of them.

Toymeister 09-02-2023 06:12 PM

That's not much stuff. It's all a matter of comparison.

Altavia 09-02-2023 07:27 PM

I donated stuff litter that to a local high school robotics group.

DonH57 09-03-2023 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 2252451)
Ok, was fooling around in my garage working on lighting problem and I realized I have lot of??? well stuff.

If any of my fellow TOTVs posters in pinch needs part I may have saved give me shout. I have some circuit board parts I saved over the years also Here sample of spare parts. I doubt I will ever us up all of them.

Cool stuff. There's a few of us out there! Nothing worse than throwing something away and three weeks later you're having to go to Ace or Lowes for that certain item.:ho:

Two Bills 09-03-2023 09:15 AM

No man can ever have enough stuff.
I still haven't forgiven my wife for all the wood ends, and things that 'will be useful one day' that I had to throw away seven years ago when we moved to our present house.
I still miss every piece! :cryin2:

Stu from NYC 09-03-2023 09:35 AM

One mans junk is another mans treasure

MrFlorida 09-03-2023 09:35 AM

I hate when I buy a part, and then find out later that I had that part tucked away in my garage somewhere.

tophcfa 09-03-2023 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 2252565)
I still haven't forgiven my wife for all the wood ends, and things that 'will be useful one day' that I had to throw away seven years ago when we moved to our present house.

It’s so sad going to estate and garage sales and seeing a man’s whole life worth of stuff basically being given away for a few bucks. Never buy new tools or fishing stuff in the Villages, you can easily get all you will ever need, and then some, for next to nothing.

And some day, hopefully not anytime soon, all of our stuff will get recycled to some future Villagers.

OrangeBlossomBaby 09-03-2023 09:46 AM

We have TENS OF THOUSANDS of screws, nuts, bolts, and nails all categorized by material, type and size into jars in the man-cave. I totally get that these things all have use and function and it's great to have some handy. But we don't need more than 100 of each.

Topspinmo 09-03-2023 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 2252585)
We have TENS OF THOUSANDS of screws, nuts, bolts, and nails all categorized by material, type and size into jars in the man-cave. I totally get that these things all have use and function and it's great to have some handy. But we don't need more than 100 of each.

I feel you pain, but when you do need one you’re probably glad to have them. I just can’t throw away 80 out of hundred either. I’ve still got boxes yet to unpack full of well, stuff.

Two Bills 09-03-2023 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 2252585)

For a very clever lady, you just don't understand how it works.
Suppose you needed a 101 pieces of anything!

JMintzer 09-03-2023 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 2252602)
For a very clever lady, you just don't understand how it works.
Suppose you needed a 101 pieces of anything!

What is this word "need" people keep bandying about?

Velvet 09-03-2023 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 2252565)

Yes I have a “hoarder” for a spouse. For example, 8 motorcycles, one of them works, several, scooters, they all work, a “workshop” up north that covers 900 square feet of basement. So much stuff unsorted that we buy another clamp or whatever because he can’t find any of the 12 he already bought, under everything. It’s not that he is messy, it’s that he is on the go all the time and has little time left over time for sorting. I just mark off his area as a “no go unless life depends on it” place and we’re both happy.

JMintzer 09-03-2023 11:37 AM

https://img.ifunny.co/images/9655c2e...58f54ab4_1.jpg

Velvet 09-03-2023 01:31 PM

On the up side, whenever I want something, and I need it right away… well it takes time to find… but for sure it’s there somewhere in the basement “workshop”.