Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Cody's beer pitcher prices outragous!!!! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/codys-beer-pitcher-prices-outragous-73589/)

Zoomie1955 03-26-2013 11:14 PM

Cody's beer pitcher prices outragous!!!!

We had friends in visiting us from Pennsylvania for a week. My hubby and I told them to Cody's Saturday night. Needless to say we had to wait for a table. We did get seated after 7pm. Here is the rub. All three guys told turns ordering pitchers of beer for the table. What a shock when the bill came!!!
Each pitchers was $12.50!!!!!! Note, the pitcher prices were not listed in the menu!
What a rip!!!! We voiced our concerns with the manager and told him we thought the pitchers prices were too high. He did not care and said the price were comparable to other places? NOT!!! Plus the pitchers had a cooler device in each one. Giving us less beer!!!
Food was good, beer prices outragous!!!!:cus:

jblum315 03-27-2013 05:51 AM

It's an old, old warning - if you don't see the price on the menu, ASK before you order

villagerjack 03-27-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoomie1955 (Post 649281)
We had friends in visiting us from Pennsylvania for a week. My hubby and I told them to Cody's Saturday night. Needless to say we had to wait for a table. We did get seated after 7pm. Here is the rub. All three guys told turns ordering pitchers of beer for the table. What a shock when the bill came!!!
Each pitchers was $12.50!!!!!! Note, the pitcher prices were not listed in the menu!
What a rip!!!! We voiced our concerns with the manager and told him we thought the pitchers prices were too high. He did not care and said the price were comparable to other places? NOT!!! Plus the pitchers had a cooler device in each one. Giving us less beer!!!

How many ounces?

skip0358 03-27-2013 06:43 AM

A few of the restaurants have seen price increases in their beer and a few have dropped the Yuengling brand, TGIF is $3.25/glass for yuengling, Red Sauce serves Kilian for $1.50 now,McCalls is $3.29 for yuengling, Palmer I don't remember the exact prices but they were up also, these are 12-20 OZ prices. So as someone said ask if you don't see it. Remember TV is a cash cow.

graciegirl 03-27-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip0358 (Post 649334)
A few of the restaurants have seen price increases in their beer and a few have dropped the Yuengling brand, TGIF is $3.25/glass for yuengling, Red Sauce serves Kilian for $1.50 now,McCalls is $3.29 for yuengling, Palmer I don't remember the exact prices but they were up also, these are 12-20 OZ prices. So as someone said ask if you don't see it. Remember TV is a cash cow.

How much is the usual price of a mixed drink here in TV and in say, Chicago and New York these days? A pitcher of beer? A glass of house wine?

I don't drink anymore. I really don't. Sweetie does but I never look at the prices.

2BNTV 03-27-2013 08:06 AM

I paid $15 in Ct for a pitcher of beer last week when out with the boys.

BTW - We had three pitchers. :smiley:

DougB 03-27-2013 09:18 AM

Pitchers of beer at Tierra del Sol are only 6 bucks.

NotGolfer 03-27-2013 09:26 AM

Had a conversation with some friends recently when it was stated that *one* mixed drink at a restaurant was $8.00. THAT is why a lot of folks go for the *two for one* happy hour drinks!!!

Even soft drinks cost around $3.00 per glass these days! That's why many folks just ask for water. Costs are going up all over---check the menu for the food items AND also the grocery store costs. Gas prices going up....THAT will affect all of our life-styles!!!

skip0358 03-27-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 649339)
How much is the usual price of a mixed drink here in TV and in say, Chicago and New York these days? A pticher of beer? A glass of house wine?

I don't drink anymore. I really don't. Sweetie does but I never look at the prices.

Gracie there's no comparison. NY prices when I was up last I paid $9.00 for a draft beer at one of my old favorite pubs. I'll take TV prices anyday. If I feel I'm paying to much for draft at one place I go to another. As for mixed drinks here if your drinking well drinks $2.25 and up depeding on where your going.TGIF does name brand Jack&Coke for $4.00 VS $8.00 on Long Island.

Uncle Tom 03-27-2013 06:34 PM

Prices??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoomie1955 (Post 649281)

You have to realize these business owners pay big rent to The Villages. So you, your friends, myself and others can enjoy a nice place. You are at a resturant on a lake, not at a Moose club in Pennsyvania. If you wanna play, you have to pay. Codys gets a great crowd, they have a great concept, keep up the good work.

villagerjack 03-27-2013 06:58 PM

Ha Ha good one. Also very true.

BritParrothead 03-28-2013 05:32 AM

price of beer

I am going up to London tonight, before travelling to France. The price for one pint of beer is about $15, not a pitcher, a pint!! A glass of decent wine will be the same, forget cocktails :cry:
We love the prices in Florida in general as they are so much cheaper than home!

DDoug 03-28-2013 07:36 AM

Everyone keeps saying about the prices from somewhere else well this isnt some where else. I guess its time to start brewing our own. Profit on beer and alcohol is where they make their money but you have to be kidding. Lets start a boycott on different restaurants each week and see what happens. After all what else is there to do after golf. I dont golf so it doesnt matter. Cody's is getting to junky any way just dosent look clean (over use) Ya ll let every one know if you want to try the experiment (boycott that is)

Bonny 03-28-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDoug (Post 649859)
Everyone keeps saying about the prices from somewhere else well this isnt some where else. I guess its time to start brewing our own. Profit on beer and alcohol is where they make their money but you have to be kidding. Lets start a boycott on different restaurants each week and see what happens. After all what else is there to do after golf. I dont golf so it doesnt matter. Cody's is getting to junky any way just dosent look clean (over use) Ya ll let every one know if you want to try the experiment (boycott that is)

I hope this is just a joke. :shocked:

Finfan 03-28-2013 09:21 AM

I have not been to Chicago in 3 years but last time there paid $18.00 for a pitcher of beer. Sounds like a good price to me.