Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Lowe’s (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/lowes-348778/)

Cassieb 03-24-2024 02:03 PM

Lowe’s

Lowe’s in Wildwood is one of the worst stores. Checkout lanes backed up into the aisles, one checkout person in both the main store and the garden center. They rarely bring their shopping carts in. Can’t wait for the new Home Depot, hopefully they will show Lowe’s how to run a business.

retiredguy123 03-24-2024 02:20 PM

My main issue with the Wildwood Lowes is that it is a smaller store than the Lady Lake store, so they often do not have what I need. Amazon sells everything that Lowes does and more and usually for a lower price. The only reason to travel to Lowes is for something that I need immediately. I went there once for a hacksaw and they didn't have one. Go figure.

Jim1mack 03-24-2024 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassieb (Post 2315069)
Lowe’s in Wildwood is one of the worst stores. Checkout lanes backed up into the aisles, one checkout person in both the main store and the garden center. They rarely bring their shopping carts in. Can’t wait for the new Home Depot, hopefully they will show Lowe’s how to run a business.

I found three check out isles open at Lowe’s the other day. Couldn’t believe it. And try and find someone to help or direct you. Good luck

Go to Ace. Someone’s always at the front door to help you. They’ll load bulk garden needs into your car for you. Prices are similar. Never Lowe’s unless I need plants.

villagetinker 03-24-2024 06:33 PM

Lowe's is much closer, but I agree with ACE being MUCH more helpful, also ACE carries the exact same irrigation parts I need for replacements on my system and some who knows exactly which pieces are needed FROM PHOTOS of the broken unit.

GpaVader 03-25-2024 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim1mack (Post 2315077)
I found three check out isles open at Lowe’s the other day. Couldn’t believe it. And try and find someone to help or direct you. Good luck

Go to Ace. Someone’s always at the front door to help you. They’ll load bulk garden needs into your car for you. Prices are similar. Never Lowe’s unless I need plants.

I love Ace, but I don't love are the bankers hours they operate under. Some of us still work and closing the stores at 6pm or closed all day Sunday makes it difficult to get there and get what I need.

Michigan Farmer 03-25-2024 07:03 AM

I can find 90% of what I need much easier at Sparrs. Although they don't sell plants, ect.

Shipping up to Boston 03-25-2024 07:05 AM

Quote:

Get used to it. Seems like a national trend. Some are putting in self checkouts and staff that area but overall customer service is becoming nonexistent. I do agree that the locally owned franchises like Ace or TrueValue have always been customer centric.

vintageogauge 03-25-2024 07:07 AM

Ive never had a problem at Lowe's with checkout or getting help and they have a better selection of products than Sparr or Ace. However I like Ace because they know what is needed in TV homes such as furnace filter sizes, faucet washers, irrigation parts, etc. and I too like to shop on Sundays and they are not open so I end up going to Sparr and not finding what I need. Needed some Black Cow manure a week or so ago and Sparr was 50% higher than Ace.

MrFlorida 03-25-2024 07:57 AM

The new Home Depot is coming, but I don't think the checkout's will be much better....

kkingston57 03-25-2024 08:02 AM

Quote:

Know someone who works there. Told me that they will be hiring more people. Let's see if that will help. Doubt it as others paying more. Buckees pays more. Not enough young worker bees in Central Florida

vintageogauge 03-25-2024 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkingston57 (Post 2315256)
Know someone who works there. Told me that they will be hiring more people. Let's see if that will help. Doubt it as others paying more. Buckees pays more. Not enough young worker bees in Central Florida

And that is why they are building thousands of family homes all around TV. Build them and the workers will come.

ThirdOfFive 03-25-2024 08:29 AM

IMO Lowe's is the "Wal-Mart" of big-box home improvement stores. They're handy--and cheap(er) but like is so often the case you get what you pay for. If I need a box of screws, a bunch of adhesive picture-hangers or some drawer pulls--well, Lowe's is just up the road. Anything else, particularly if quality is my #1 concern, I'll go to Home Depot or Ace.

They do have some good name-brand power tools though.

Shipping up to Boston 03-25-2024 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageogauge (Post 2315265)
And that is why they are building thousands of family homes all around TV. Build them and the workers will come.

At $7.75 an hour? Im sure they will be lining up like they were buying U2 concert tickets. Dont listen to the sales office people. We have a major shortage in this country of low wage/service sector workers (FL no exception). If your point was construction workers, I agree, but the former, good luck with that theory.

JP 03-25-2024 10:39 AM

I like the 466a Lowes. Also like Ace and Sparr.

retiredguy123 03-25-2024 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston (Post 2315307)
At $7.75 an hour? Im sure they will be lining up like they were buying U2 concert tickets. Dont listen to the sales office people. We have a major shortage in this country of low wage/service sector workers (FL no exception). If your point was construction workers, I agree, but the former, good luck with that theory.

The Florida mimimum wage is $13 per hour.