Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Forever Home (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/forever-home-349698/)

mbene 04-30-2024 12:03 AM

Forever Home

Where are you going to spend forever?
Was talking with our kids and mentioned that we are planning on being cremated when the time comes and are currently looking for a place to be interred at the cemetery up north where many family members are located.
Our children moved down to Florida with us when we came 18 years ago.
They both said if we did that they probably won't visit because neither one of them plan on moving back up there, so I guess we'll start looking for a place to be interred either near the villages or the metro Orlando area.
Where are you planning on spending your time when it comes?

Appended

Is this something you have thought about and done something about or is it something you're going to dump on your kids or someone else when that time comes?

Two Bills 04-30-2024 02:18 AM

Some years ago I knew a lady who wanted her ashes scattered at a local shopping Mall, her reasoning was that her daughter would visit her at least once a week.

Arctic Fox 04-30-2024 06:14 AM

Memories are more important than visiting carbon powder.

Spend more time with your family members now.

Michael 61 04-30-2024 06:41 AM

My “forever” home is in heaven, not here.

thelegges 04-30-2024 06:54 AM

Not legal and will get you banned but Haunted Mansion works.

On a side note Arlington would be perfect to think of all the wisdom and the brave souls that reside and walk the grounds. you could listen to story keepers for your ever

ChicagoNative 04-30-2024 07:01 AM

Have you ever considered a personal Keepsake Urn or a cremains piece of glass or jewelry?

My father died 50 years ago before cremations were so common. At the time, we bought a double plot for he and my mom in Chicago. Mom moved to Florida with me and when her checkout time came in 2012, we had a small portion of ashes in keepsake urns for her 3 kids, and the main urn was buried next to my father.

BobnBev 04-30-2024 09:41 AM

If you are former military, you can be intered at the Florida National Cemetary in Bushnell, for free.

fdpaq0580 04-30-2024 11:26 AM

Some place warm. Can't stand the cold.

Two Bills 04-30-2024 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 (Post 2326806)
Some place warm. Can't stand the cold.

See you down there. All my old mates will be there, should be a great party! :beer3:

Shipping up to Boston 04-30-2024 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 2326812)
See you down there. All my old mates will be there, should be a great party! :beer3:

I’ll bring the ice. M***** D*g will be fixing all of us some ‘tangy DDT cocktails’!

Ecuadog 04-30-2024 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I kinda like the idea of my ashes and urn being dropped into Laguna Cuicocha, a crater lake.

shut the front door 04-30-2024 04:34 PM

I'm going to be a shooting star.
Beyond Burials Space Burial Memorials

Zenmama18 05-01-2024 05:35 AM

[QUOTE=BobnBev;2326736]If you are former military, you can be intered at the Florida National Cemetary in Bushnell, for free.[/QUOTE

That will be the next (and last!) move from the Villages for hubby and me.

crash 05-01-2024 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbene (Post 2326550)
Where are you going to spend forever?
Was talking with our kids and mentioned that we are planning on being cremated when the time comes and are currently looking for a place to be interred at the cemetery up north where many family members are located.
Our children moved down to Florida with us when we came 18 years ago.
They both said if we did that they probably won't visit because neither one of them plan on moving back up there, so I guess we'll start looking for a place to be interred either near the villages or the metro Orlando area.
Where are you planning on spending your time when it comes?

Appended

Is this something you have thought about and done something about or is it something you're going to dump on your kids or someone else when that time comes?

I plan on being cremated and ashes spread at sea. Don’t really care that much about it I will be dead.

Jhnidy 05-01-2024 06:18 AM

I have a bench at Lone Oak Cemetery in Leesburg. Ashes are placed inside the bench. Will "hold" 4 people. My son's remains are already there.