Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Pro Golf (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/pro-golf-333/)
-   -   Boobs, not talent moves the meter. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/pro-golf-333/boobs-not-talent-moves-meter-348631/)

BrianL99 03-18-2024 07:54 PM

Boobs, not talent moves the meter.

The world really is becoming a crazy place.

Paige Spiranac’s social media posts earn more than Scottie Scheffler’s

"Spiranac averages around $8,477 to $12,716 per post when using a standard influencer calculation method, which factors in engagement rate per post, extras for the type of post, and additional considerations, culminating in the total rate. On the other hand, Scottie Scheffler, a notable figure in the PGA Golf tour and holding the highest Instagram follower count among his peers on the list with 625,622 followers, only garners an average of $2,000 to $3,000 per post using the same calculation method making Spiranac’s cost per post approximately four times more expensive."

Shipping up to Boston 03-18-2024 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianL99 (Post 2312907)

"Spiranac averages around $8,477 to $12,716 per post when using a standard influencer calculation method, which factors in engagement rate per post, extras for the type of post, and additional considerations, culminating in the total rate. On the other hand, Scottie Scheffler, a notable figure in the PGA Golf tour and holding the highest Instagram follower count among his peers on the list with 625,622 followers, only garners an average of $2,000 to $3,000 per post using the same calculation method making Spiranac’s cost per post approximately four times more expensive."

I like watching him golf but I mean, as far as curb appeal.... ;)

BigDawgInLakeDenham 03-18-2024 08:59 PM

And.......Still not any reason to watch golf:shrug::shrug:

OrangeBlossomBaby 03-18-2024 09:26 PM

Quote:

So the only possible reason her posts get the hits is because she's attractive and he's a shlub? It isn't possible that her posts are more interesting and entertaining than his?

I don't know either of them but - most civilized people really DO look at the pages for the quality of the content, not the wrapping around the presentation.

fdpaq0580 03-18-2024 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 2312923)
So the only possible reason her posts get the hits is because she's attractive and he's a shlub? It isn't possible that her posts are more interesting and entertaining than his?

I don't know either of them but - most civilized people really DO look at the pages for the quality of the content, not the wrapping around the presentation.

Not more interesting! But, more entertaining? Entertainment means different things to different people!

Two Bills 03-19-2024 03:58 AM

But who earns the most playing golf? Boobs or no Boobs!

Shipping up to Boston 03-19-2024 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 2312951)

I think the OP point was popularity in general as it relates to their competing SM posts. No doubt the PGA/LIV Tours trounce their female colleagues in the LPGA.

rustyp 03-19-2024 06:32 AM

Quote:

Perhaps one variable in the equation is per Golf Austrailia's article:

"SCOTTIE SCHEFFLER AND THE TRIUMPH OF THE MOST BORING MAN ALIVE
He can't buy a personality at a Walmart."

mike234 03-19-2024 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston (Post 2312985)
I think the OP point was popularity in general as it relates to their competing SM posts. No doubt the PGA/LIV Tours trounce their female colleagues in the LPGA.

yup...you want to watch the LPGA....try the golf channel at 11pm....I have zero interest in watching women's golf, dominated by asians.
the American golfers have to get better, because you tour, and your livelihood depends on it ....the ladies have to go to Asia for 3-4 events, why? no sponsors. no sponsors means no tournament

mike234 03-19-2024 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 2312951)

look at the ads on this site....big chested women. and look the other ads, look news reporters, weather reporters, car commercials, it is all big chested women........ya. that is what is going on...

Bogie Shooter 03-19-2024 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston (Post 2312985)

Nah, just another click bait thread.

LeRoySmith 03-19-2024 07:48 AM

Id much rather watch women's beach volleyball than PGA

mike234 03-19-2024 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 2312923)

you dont know either of them, but you called him a SHLUB? I had to look that up....is there something wrong with you making a derogatory accusation like that?

blueash 03-19-2024 09:48 AM

Quote:

Meaningless data without knowing how many posts each person makes. Neither the link, nor the follow up link to a betting site where the original info is given tell you. If Paige posts once a month and Scott posts once a day then he is making much more total income by posting even at a lower rate per post. Unlikely but it makes the math point clear.

Either way, Paige is a more successful media figure than a golfer and Scott is the opposite.

Who is the highest paid college athlete who doesn't have a famous father. You might not even know her. Livvy Dunne, an LSU gymnast

Dusty_Star 03-19-2024 10:48 AM

Quote:

"[/I]

The advertising world is still in chaos, due to the meltdown of traditional media outlets, caused mostly by the internet, ad execs are looking for ways to spend their ad dollars (magazines used to soak up a lot of money, television even more, & so on). They are chasing after clicks with abandon. I expect it will settle down when they either realize it is working (bringing in more sales) or not. Or perhaps they will gain sophistication & figure out what works & what doesn't. Right now, the content suppliers & monitors who count the 'standard influencer calculation method...' have the upper hand. But some of the earlier comments have it right, one is more entertaining than the other, hence more clicks.