Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   441 southbound a mess (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/441-southbound-mess-318864/)

Bjeanj 04-21-2021 11:08 AM

441 southbound a mess

441 southbound is down to one lane by Rolling Acres. If you have to go that way, I recommend you go a different route.

Stu from NYC 04-21-2021 11:49 AM

Wonder how long before this construction is completed?

drcar 04-21-2021 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 1933162)
Wonder how long before this construction is completed?

lol, til is done

Carla B 04-21-2021 02:18 PM

They (the government, I suppose) are certainly never happy with 441. They were working on it when we moved here and now they are working on it again. Are they still planning to tear down the overpass over Hwy. 25 and replace that with a regular intersection?

Bjeanj 04-21-2021 02:25 PM

🤷
Who knows?

Bjeanj 04-21-2021 02:25 PM

🤷*♀️
Who knows?

golfing eagles 04-21-2021 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drcar (Post 1933165)
lol, til is done

So many highway dollars, so few highways.....................:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rot fl:

Topspinmo 04-21-2021 03:45 PM

Well from previous posts on multi lane highways and byways everybody supposed to drive in right lane anyway unless passing, so what’s the problem:1rotfl: O, I see , can’t speed in the left lane all the way. :faint:

villagetinker 04-21-2021 05:07 PM

The current problem is probably due to the reconstruction to remove the overpass over route 25. I have already made plans to avoid this area for several months. Hopefully it will be better with the additional lanes.

CFrance 04-21-2021 06:09 PM

We moved here in 2011, and 441 was a construction nightmare for a year or more, maybe two. It took forever.

Then "they" decided to widen 466A from Powel Road to 301, and that-few block construction took two full years.

stanley 04-21-2021 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1933271)
The current problem is probably due to the reconstruction to remove the overpass over route 25. I have already made plans to avoid this area for several months. Hopefully it will be better with the additional lanes.

I really do not think they are getting rid of the overpass...why would they do all the structural reinforcing of that overpass?

CFrance 04-21-2021 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley (Post 1933302)
I really do not think they are getting rid of the overpass...why would they do all the structural reinforcing of that overpass?

A couple of years ago, they said they were going to get rid of the overpass. Who knows what the current plans are.

OrangeBlossomBaby 04-21-2021 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1933294)
We moved here in 2011, and 441 was a construction nightmare for a year or more, maybe two. It took forever.

Then "they" decided to widen 466A from Powel Road to 301, and that-few block construction took two full years.

Well that's what happens when you have a place as busy and successful as the Villages, which is showing no signs of slowing down new development. It attracts more people, which attracts more commerce, which all combines to attract a LOT more traffic, which means roads have to be widened, repaved, repainted/lined, new driveways need to be built out, new water and underground electric cables installed to connect to the new sections, and by the time you're done with all of that, everything you did the first time around, needs to be upgraded so you have to start all over again.

If you want this to stop, then you need to convince the Morse Family to either stop or significantly slow down development. They own most of the land now, so no one else will be building on it.

CFrance 04-21-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 1933305)
Well that's what happens when you have a place as busy and successful as the Villages, which is showing no signs of slowing down new development. It attracts more people, which attracts more commerce, which all combines to attract a LOT more traffic, which means roads have to be widened, repaved, repainted/lined, new driveways need to be built out, new water and underground electric cables installed to connect to the new sections, and by the time you're done with all of that, everything you did the first time around, needs to be upgraded so you have to start all over again.

If you want this to stop, then you need to convince the Morse Family to either stop or significantly slow down development. They own most of the land now, so no one else will be building on it.

I said nothing about wanting it to stop. I was commenting on how long it takes them to do the construction.

villagetinker 04-21-2021 07:11 PM

The removal of the overpass has been published several times, along with the new road configuration and the new traffic light. In order to remove the over pass there will need to be temporary travel lanes installed, hence the current mess.