Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Cart Path South of Laurel Manor (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/cart-path-south-laurel-manor-348597/)

Dusty_Star 03-17-2024 03:57 PM

Cart Path South of Laurel Manor

Here's an interesting one from The Villages News: A man who lives near a cart path is complaining that there are too many carts driving on the path. I'm not familiar with that path it runs to the Laurel Manor rec & north of 466 or to the right to MMPs that look like they might take you anywhere you want to go.

Does he have a valid complaint? Or is it a case of high season, expansion of The Villages, & general increase in cart traffic?

***news/2024/03/16/villager-counts-up-to-1800-golf-carts-per-day-using-cut-through-near-his-house/

SIRE1 03-17-2024 04:07 PM

What is interesting is that is the path that The Villages free app indicated I should take when going from Sandlebrook to the Lake Miona rec center. So I suspect some of that traffic is being sent that way from The Villages app.

JMintzer 03-17-2024 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty_Star (Post 2312429)
Here's an interesting one from The Villages News: A man who lives near a cart path is complaining that there are too many carts driving on the path. I'm not familiar with that path it runs to the Laurel Manor rec & north of 466 or to the right to MMPs that look like they might take you anywhere you want to go.

Does he have a valid complaint? Or is it a case of high season, expansion of The Villages, & general increase in cart traffic?

***news/2024/03/16/villager-counts-up-to-1800-golf-carts-per-day-using-cut-through-near-his-house/

Unless he's the original owner, and moved in before that path was in place, no... (and I doubt that's the case...)

Otherwise, he knew it was there when he bought the house...

I don't think it's due to expansion of TV. That cut thru is pretty far north. I would wager that not too many people south of 44 would travel that far nort via golf cart...

Oh, wait... Was that bashing those south of 44? :1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Bogie Shooter 03-17-2024 06:48 PM

The complaint is that cart traffic is cutting thru the village of Winifred and exiting from a cul-da-sac on the south side of Laurel Manor.
Been there since day one……..
I am guilty of using this route.

Bogie Shooter 03-17-2024 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIRE1 (Post 2312430)
What is interesting is that is the path that The Villages free app indicated I should take when going from Sandlebrook to the Lake Miona rec center. So I suspect some of that traffic is being sent that way from The Villages app.

Did you enter the Winifred village?

golfing eagles 03-17-2024 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 2312471)
The complaint is that cart traffic is cutting thru the village of Winifred and exiting from a cul-da-sac on the south side of Laurel Manor.

Don't feel "guilty". It is a legitimate cut through/ROW, and it's the only way I go to Glenview or Lopez. The whining complainer bought a house (one of 2) on either side of that path with full knowledge that it was there. It's just like those who bought near the turnpike and now want something done about the noise or those who bought near the railroad tracks and don't think trains should blow whistles. This clown can either shut his pie hole, buy ear plugs, or move.

tophcfa 03-17-2024 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 2312471)

Dam, it just got busier. A newly learned cut thru is on the agenda.

Papa_lecki 03-17-2024 08:21 PM

I just looked at the “cut through” on google maps. The road is literally called “Cart Rd”.

bowlingal 03-18-2024 05:15 AM

He has a valid complaint. I would not like to live in that area of Kingston St. Constant golf cart traffic all day long, all year long.

huge-pigeons 03-18-2024 05:26 AM

It’s just people moving into an existing area next to an airport then complaining about the airplane noise.
We had a person move on the lake and then started complaining about boat noise.
It takes all kinds!

RedWingNut 03-18-2024 05:28 AM

Buyer beware, path was no surprise when home was purchased. He will be selling soon, bad news is the property value is now lower due to all the attention now brought on this issue. Better off saying nothing and selling during slow seson

MPLinzi 03-18-2024 05:50 AM

I have a friend who lives on dump road and is always complaining that dump trucks keep passing his house. Sell and buy another house.

golfing eagles 03-18-2024 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowlingal (Post 2312525)
He has a valid complaint. I would not like to live in that area of Kingston St. Constant golf cart traffic all day long, all year long.

Then don't buy there. His complaint has no validity whatsoever.

Also, I have to wonder if he paid less for his home than equivalent homes 1/2 a block away.
That would be like buying generic green beans and then complaining they are not as good as Green Giant

Villagesgal 03-18-2024 07:19 AM

People will complain about anything. That cart path cut thru was there when he bought. Too bad for him that he didn't realize as the community grew traffic would increase. I personally have used that cut thru ever since the Village of Winifred was built. I use the pool there sometimes too, what's next, a complaint that people thar don't live in Winifred shouldn't use their pool. The roads belong to all residents, so all can use them. If he doesn't like it, he should move.

Girlcopper 03-18-2024 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowlingal (Post 2312525)

Well. Then don’t buy a house there. Easy. The complaint is ridiculous