Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Non golfers paying for course repairs. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/non-golfers-paying-course-repairs-349069/)

Tomptomp 04-04-2024 08:23 AM

Non golfers paying for course repairs.

Michael writes that he does not play golf, therefore he resents amenities paying for golf course repairs. Well…… using his logic why should I pay for :
1) all the rec centers I don’t visit
2) the pickle ball courts I don’t play
3) the tennis courts I don’t use
4) the employees working at the squares at night that I don’t attend
5) swimming pools I don’t play in.
6) and on and on…..

Lottoguy 04-04-2024 08:33 AM

Your saying exactly what I was thinking.

Shipping up to Boston 04-04-2024 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomptomp (Post 2318557)
Michael writes that he does not play golf, therefore he resents amenities paying for golf course repairs. Well…… using his logic why should I pay for :
1) all the rec centers I don’t visit
2) the pickle ball courts I don’t play
3) the tennis courts I don’t use
4) the employees working at the squares at night that I don’t attend
5) swimming pools I don’t play in.
6) and on and on…..

I hear this a lot from people that join country clubs...'why should I pay for alcohol when I don't drink'. Read the fine print before you sign up or onto anything.

dewilson58 04-04-2024 09:00 AM

"logic".............Where??? Not seeing any.

charlieo1126@gmail.com 04-04-2024 09:01 AM

I’ve been here off and on for 20 something years , I don’t golf or use the pools and hardly ever go to the rec centers , but I do love the flowers and the well kept up outdoor spaces and for the most part the up keep of everyone’s home . The greatness of this community is the sum of all its parts therefore keeping up the property values and making it a desirable place to live

Shipping up to Boston 04-04-2024 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com (Post 2318584)
I’ve been here off and on for 20 something years , I don’t golf or use the pools and hardly ever go to the rec centers , but I do love the flowers and the well kept up outdoor spaces and for the most part the up keep of everyone’s home . The greatness of this community is the sum of all its parts therefore keeping up the property values and making it a desirable place to live

Excellent point

Its a golf community...a component used in sales. If you didnt want that or the upkeep to maintain it and the curb appeal, that's on you

Topspinmo 04-04-2024 09:06 AM

IMO reason golf courses are in condition there in maintenance malpractice. Upper management heads should be fired. What’s say they won’t screw it up second or third time. IMO Somebody needs to accountable for millions each year with result that goes down hill every year.

Velvet 04-04-2024 09:10 AM

The greens at Pimlico are a great example. Except for the first hole. They have been patched. But no one has bothered to water the new patches so it’s brown and drying. Exactly as it would in your lawn if you did not water it.

Normal 04-04-2024 09:11 AM

Disagree

Thousands of homes are where, on Villages golf courses. The whole real estate market here would implode overnight if the courses weren’t taken care of. All houses would decrease in value without the courses.

Bogie Shooter 04-04-2024 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 2318587)
IMO reason golf courses are in condition there in maintenance malpractice. Upper management heads should be fired. What’s say they won’t screw it up second or third time. IMO Somebody needs to accountable for millions each year with result that goes down hill every year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet (Post 2318590)
The greens at Pimlico are a great example. Except for the first hole. They have been patched. But no one has bothered to water the new patches so it’s brown and drying. Exactly as it would in your lawn if you did not water it.

Isn’t there another thread for these posts?

fdpaq0580 04-04-2024 09:26 AM

Ever hear the line, "No man is an island"? No one would have anything if we didn't share the load. A society, a civilization is made up of many who share the workload, the cost of producing and providing benefits for all. If "Michael " doesn't want to share the cost of being part of the community, society, or civilization, he is welcome to drop out and live in a cave, hunt or gather his own food, make his own clothes, and be his own doctor when he becomes ill or injured. Problem is, where can he go to not be on some country's land where he can live his solitary troglodite existence? Antarctica? And how can he get there totally on his own?

Papa_lecki 04-04-2024 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 2318582)
"logic".............Where??? Not seeing any.

It’s a letter to the editor in the online villages newspaper.

ThirdOfFive 04-04-2024 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com (Post 2318584)

VERY well said!

Topspinmo 04-04-2024 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 2318598)
Isn’t there another thread for these posts?

Try to keep up, it about spending additional millions on golf courses and incompetence. :wave:

dewilson58 04-04-2024 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_lecki (Post 2318601)
It’s a letter to the editor in the online villages newspaper.

Yes, so it.
My point was............the OP was using the letter writer's logic, which there was none. :pepper2: