Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Disappearing Posts? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/disappearing-posts-10546/)

JohnZ 11-22-2007 04:08 PM

Disappearing Posts?

Has anyone ever made a post and then and a few minutes later....it vanished? That just happened to post I made this morning. Glad it wasn't lengthy. This isn't the only time that's happened. Curious.

zcaveman 11-22-2007 04:31 PM

Re: Disappearing Posts?

The Talk Hosts reserve the right to remove posts that appear to be commercial advertising or against the TOTV guidelines. I posted a link to one of the TOTV rivals by accident and they removed it - but they did send me a note telling me why.

Taltarzac 11-22-2007 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zcaveman
The Talk Hosts reserve the right to remove posts that appear to be commercial advertising or against the TOTV guidelines. I posted a link to one of the TOTV rivals by accident and they removed it - but they did send me a note telling me why.

TOTV Administrators are pretty good about not removing posts that are borderline. Unlike some of the other message boards I have used which seem more like the painting canvas of the Administrators rather than a collective canvas of the various posters. Just using a metaphor. Simile? I get those two confused at times. :dontknow:

Talk Host 11-23-2007 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnZ
Has anyone ever made a post and then and a few minutes later....it vanished? That just happened to post I made this morning. Glad it wasn't lengthy. This isn't the only time that's happened. Curious.

John,

I can tell you that I was on my motorcycle between Boynton Beach and The Villages today so, I know that I didn't remove anything. Usually Tony, Darrel and I talk before we remove a post, although each of us has the administrative power to do so. I cannot imagine for a minute that you posted anything that would have been so offense that we pulled it. I'll check with the others.

tony 11-23-2007 11:52 AM

John,

Nobody removed it. I checked the forum logs and it does not show any posts being removed by any of the three of us.

I have mistakenly "deleted" my own posts by not clicking the "Post" button after I wrote the post. Instead I had clicked another link, like the topic link at the top. That effectively deleted my post.

Is there a chance you did that?

zcaveman 11-23-2007 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer BeBack
I thought it had happened to me when I responded to a question about real estate market analysis. I tend to only read the forum that is under the general TV discussion and assumed I was responding there. I later found that the post had been moved to the real estate section of the forum.

John explained it above. He responded to a post that was in another category and did not notice it. I have done the same thing and it drives me crazy until I figure out what I did wrong.

I try to check and see what category the post was in before I respond these days.ow.

JohnZ 11-23-2007 11:30 PM

Z, thanks. I think you're correct. An episode of neuroflatulence on my part. Sorry for the trouble guys.

golfnut 11-23-2007 11:32 PM

it's hell gettin old

JohnZ 11-24-2007 12:07 AM

Hey golfnut, I'm not even retired yet. Today, while at work, duriing a phone call with my much better looking half, I learned that I left the water running in the bathroom sink. Then, this afternoon, I forgot to remove my ATM card from the damn machine....and it ate it (no kidding....just ask Patty). Has anyone tried Ginko Biloba to improve memory? I got some of that stuff once.....but I kept forgetting to take it. Absent minded professor....should be a proverb.

Happy Villager 11-24-2007 01:18 AM

JohnZ, I know for my own missing posts I have found or realized at the last minute that I have typed my comments and then automatically hit the "enter" key and not the "post".
It irritates the :edit: out of me!

jjdees 11-28-2007 01:42 AM

I've had this happen a few times before and assumed I did something wrong. Today, I posted a reply to the Mardi Gras thread and I did not do anything wrong and it did not appear. I definitely hit post and a few minutes later, checked on it and it was not there. A mystery or a bug?