Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Contractors & Lawn Mowing (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-contractors-lawn-mowing-272/)
-   -   service smart problems (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-contractors-lawn-mowing-272/service-smart-problems-142581/)

mooser 02-08-2015 10:04 AM

service smart problems

Has anyone else had problems with this landscaping comany. We have some major issues that need resolved and no one will return our calls. Have tryed to get hold of company and the salesman, both with no success.

ortman118 03-14-2015 10:59 AM

We had stellar and absolutely loved them. As soon as they merged with service smart we have had continuous problems, billing issues, lawn issues and calls to the office yield no or dismal results.

Paperboy 03-14-2015 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ortman118;1028***
We had stellar and absolutely loved them. As soon as they merged with service smart we have had continuous problems, billing issues, lawn issues and calls to the office yield no or dismal results.

I'm quitting Service Smart & going with Deans who only charge U 2 months at a time. I don't want to pay for a year in advance to get shoddy service!

SisalPhil 03-23-2015 06:36 PM

In one word ~ TERRIBLE

Carla B 03-23-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paperboy (Post 1028623)
I'm quitting Service Smart & going with Deans who only charge U 2 months at a time. I don't want to pay for a year in advance to get shoddy service!

Will Dean's mow every week for you this summer? We tried the two-week mowing schedule with Stellar last summer and our lawn looked like the house was abandoned.

xcaligirl 03-23-2015 08:24 PM

Unfortunately I had Stellar a few days before they merged and they were HORRIBLE! They took out (actually chopped it down) a tree, pulled out a lot of plants and replanted. There were 5 to 6 new plants that died. I called the company and never received a response. They were really pushing yard service and I finally told him that I wasn't interested after the mess they left! All the landscaping lights were on the lawn in the back....the 'supervisor' saw the mess but then said they probably weren't working anyways! WHAT?? All lights were working prior to the 'Stellar attack'. They didn't do what was promised....

wisbad1 03-24-2015 09:28 AM

have fertigator for two years, never a problem. great service!!!!

ufu1395 07-22-2015 08:07 PM

I've been in Villages a week, signed a year contract with Service Smart. Forum reviews are old. Does anyone have current feedback to share? Any possibility of getting my money back if dissatisfied? Also, now they are knocking on my door for landscaping job at very competitve price and 5 year warranty. Comments welcome asap please

village dreamer 07-22-2015 08:44 PM

run..........as fast as you can.

ufu1395 07-22-2015 08:49 PM

thanks

Barefoot 07-22-2015 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooser (Post 1008560)
Has anyone else had problems with this landscaping comany. We have some major issues that need resolved and no one will return our calls. Have tryed to get hold of company and the salesman, both with no success.

There have been many threads about Service Smart.
The best way to see previous threads about Service Smart is to use the Search button above.
It's a great way to access information on any topic.
Good luck with your landscaping issues.

Bryan 07-23-2015 06:17 AM

If you have problems with Service Smart, or with any vendor, visit Seniors Vs Crime at one of their three offices in The Villages for assistance. They are very helpful in resolving these issues. They have offices with the Marion County Sheriff on Mulberry Lane, with the Sumter County Sheriff at the Government Annex on 466, and with the Wildwood Police at the Brownwood Square.

vinricci 07-23-2015 06:27 AM

I have had SS for 15 months and have had no problems. When I call about insects or lawn problems or questions someone answers promptly and workers are dispatched usually in a day or two. Only hang up we had was when merger occurred my lawn got mowed twice in one week.

Villager Dude 07-24-2015 10:39 PM

Seems like with all the SS problems a group could go after them for breach of contract and failure to perform.

Maybe not worth it on an individual basis but maybe as a group.

Jima64 07-25-2015 07:10 AM

Lg. versus small co?

Seems that most are complaining about these larger companies. Ironic how most get bad service and the one posting pops up with excellent service. This makes me want to look for the self employed type of person that does the work themself.