Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Still Sort of Stunned.... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/still-sort-stunned-25232/)

SteveFromNY 11-01-2009 01:12 PM

Still Sort of Stunned....

I retired Friday (10/30) and I am still in a state of shock, having a hard time believing it.
We'll be headed down to TV for a month or so later this week, then back north for Christmas, than back to TV for the really cold months.
No more weeks or weekends in paradise, but now enough time to really enjoy.
Someone please pinch me in case I'm dreaming.

:pepper2: :pepper2: :pepper2:

KathieI 11-01-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveFromNY (Post 231672)
I retired Friday (10/30) and I am still in a state of shock, having a hard time believing it.
We'll be headed down to TV for a month or so later this week, then back north for Christmas, than back to TV for the really cold months.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...lations/11.gif

Congrats, Steve. It will take you about a month and then you'll realize, Monday's aren't so bad after all. Everyday is a WEEKEND!!! YEAH!!
Good luck can't wait to have you in the bubble more often. Let us know when you get here so you can join in on the fun !!!

SteveFromNY 11-01-2009 01:21 PM

Thanks Kathie - will do! See you soon!

EdWilliams 11-01-2009 01:21 PM

Welcome, Steve --

Don't worry that retirement will mean time on your hands. Once you become involved in the many activities in The Villages, you will wonder how you ever found time to work.

Cheers,

KathieI 11-01-2009 01:24 PM

Ed, your right. I need a vacation from retirement!! I'm exhausted!!

ejp52 11-01-2009 01:25 PM

Congrats Steve. :beer3:

Niels 11-01-2009 01:35 PM

Congratulations on your retirement. I just retired myself this past Wednesday 10/28. My actual retirement date is in the middle of November but Wednesday was my last day in the office.

I think it will take a couple of weeks to really sink in. Right now it seems like I'm on vacation.

Opulence 11-01-2009 01:50 PM

Great News!

Quote:

Steve I am so happy for you! Congratulations on your retirement. I know you must be looking forward to this & now the time has finally arrived. Consider yourself PINCHED! Best Wishes to you and I hope to meet you in person at some point in time.

Betty

cher54461 11-01-2009 02:25 PM

Retire

Steve, Enjoy. I retired as of 10/31 from the post office. I am sure we both will find a lot to do in villages.

obxgal 11-01-2009 02:28 PM

Congratulations Steve. You'll be amazed how busy one becomes once they retire. Just ain't enough hours in the day to get all you want accomplished.

Bettiboop 11-01-2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

I imagine it does take a while to sink in, that is for sure. Congrats and enjoy your new found freedom!!

EdV 11-01-2009 03:46 PM

Steve, I think the first thing you should do when you arrive in TV is buy a Hawaiian shirt, and maybe a panama hat and have KathieI take a picture so you can update your avatar.

graciegirl 11-01-2009 03:56 PM

Steve. So glad for you. We will be here until just before Thanksgiving and then return first of January for the season. We G's would love to meet you two.

KathieI 11-01-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdVinMass (Post 231694)
Steve, I think the first thing you should do when you arrive in TV is buy a Hawaiian shirt, and maybe a panama hat and have KathieI take a picture so you can update your avatar.

EdVinMass, you read my mind. His avatar looks like he belongs in Montana. I promise to take a new picture for him at the first TOTV lunch as a man of leisure!!

Kelsie52 11-01-2009 04:24 PM

Congrats Steve--I envy you ----we are going down to TV for a week right after thanksgiving --hoping to find the right --spot !!!

enjoy ---:bowdown: