Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Television (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/)
-   -   2018 Grammy's ratings down from last year. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/2018-grammys-ratings-down-last-year-254381/)

graciegirl 01-29-2018 02:21 PM

2018 Grammy's ratings down from last year.

I didn't watch. Did you? If so what was your favorite part?

Grammys 2018 Ratings See a Big Drop From 2017′s Numbers | 2018 Grammys, Grammys : Just Jared

Jaggy 01-29-2018 02:33 PM

I watched the last half hour and didn't recognize one of the songs that were nominated for record, album.. etc.. I think I only knew one performer... but I did see the Broadway tribute with Patti LaPone ( sp).. it was great.

karostay 01-29-2018 02:34 PM

My interest in the Grammy's ' barf
Same for NFL won't be wasting my time with super bowl

billethkid 01-29-2018 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1510215)

Ditto.

manaboutown 01-29-2018 02:46 PM

I didn’t waste my time watching that trashy event.

Kenswing 01-29-2018 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 1510221)
I didn’t waste my time watching that trashy event.

These award shows anymore are just a protest platform for self important people who think they have talent.

karostay 01-29-2018 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenswing (Post 1510229)
These award shows anymore are just a protest platform for self important people who think they have talent.

:bigbow::a040::bigbow:

It's Hot There 01-29-2018 03:39 PM

Self-promoting trash.

John_W 01-29-2018 04:02 PM

The last time I watched the Grammys was 1989, that's the year Best Heavy Metal Recording went to Jethro Tull, this is true. What's even funnier was two years later when Metallica won for The Black Album, they thanked Jethro Tull for not releasing a record that year. I've seen Jethro Tull twice, first time was in 1972. For those who don't know, Jethro Tull is a great progressive rock band, not a heavy metal band. Below is Ian Anderson lead vocalist and flutist of JT.

https://thehustle.podbean.com/mf/web/zkckyh/ian.jpg

JSR22 01-29-2018 04:05 PM

Favorite

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1510247)
The last time I watched the Grammys was 1989, that's the year Best Heavy Metal Recording went to Jethro Tull, this is true. What's even funnier was two years later when Metallica won for The Black Album, they thanked Jethro Tull for not releasing a record that year. I've seen Jethro Tull twice, first time was in 1972. For those who don't know, Jethro Tull is a great progressive rock band, not a heavy metal band. Below is Ian Anderson lead vocalist and flutist of JT.

https://thehustle.podbean.com/mf/web/zkckyh/ian.jpg

I loved Jethro Tull. Saw him several times in NYC.

Chi-Town 01-29-2018 04:08 PM

Patti LuPone performing Don't Cry For Me Argentina and, of course, Tony Bennett. A nice break from the rap and hip hop which are OK in smaller doses.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Taltarzac725 01-29-2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Town (Post 1510251)
Patti LuPone performing Don't Cry For Me Argentina and, of course, Tony Bennett. A nice break from the rap and hip hop which are OK in smaller doses.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Saw a little of the Grammy's last night as my parents were watching it. I am not that into watching award shows. Not even the Oscars.

ajbrown 01-29-2018 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1510247)
The last time I watched the Grammy's was 1989, that's the year Best Heavy Metal Recording went to Jethro Tull, this is true. What's even funnier was two years later when Metallica won for The Black Album, they thanked Jethro Tull for not releasing a record that year. I've seen Jethro Tull twice, first time was in 1972. For those who don't know, Jethro Tull is a great progressive rock band, not a heavy metal band. Below is Ian Anderson lead vocalist and flutist of JT.

I have never seen them live, my friends tell me he stood on one foot for the whole concert (this may be a lie :))...... in fact it has been a long time since I have thought of Jethro Tull until recently. I forget where I was recently and I was talking with friends after golf about JT making an album that was was one continuous song.

It reality it was not one song, but it played that way. The folks I was talking to never heard of JT. Thick as a brick, the album, not my buds :)

As far as Grammy's? I am just tired of the award shows being used for an agenda, I cannot watch. It is too bad as there are some talented people that I enjoy listening to.

69Ludwigs 01-29-2018 06:16 PM

Grammys are a total farce of self promotion, actual talent is not a part of it any more. Much like the current mentality of "everyone gets a trophy" for even the lamest of efforts. Seems like the nastier your song the more Grammys you get.

Allegiance 01-29-2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1510215)

Ditto.

Except betting football is an easy moneymaker. No need to watch. ;)