Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   This "entitled" golfer just infuriated me, and should infuriate everyone else as well (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/entitled-golfer-just-infuriated-me-should-infuriate-everyone-else-well-265912/)

golfing eagles 06-16-2018 07:03 PM

This "entitled" golfer just infuriated me, and should infuriate everyone else as well

So here we are, 7:50, after some heavy rain. Egret had been closed all day for maintenance, the pins were laid alongside the green and the tee markers were not set out. Lo and behold, along comes a single playing down 6, skips 7, then plays 8. IF the course was even open, it most likely would be cart path only, but this guy just drives his cart down the middle of the fairway, sloshing along all the way. Didn't bother to fill his divot, drove right up to the green between the putting surface and a bunker, and then skidded down the hill. God only knows how much damage he did to the course, as well as where he got his entitled attitude. Geez.

ColdNoMore 06-16-2018 07:30 PM

Ya shoulda shot his tires...and flattened them.

:D

patfla06 06-16-2018 07:42 PM

Another entitled, selfish idiot.

dotti105 06-16-2018 08:15 PM

We live in Gilchrist with our lanai overlooking the 8th green of Kildeer. Pinellas Place runs between our lanai and the course.
We had just moved in and were sitting on our lanai and watching the golfers putt on the green.
All of the sudden this ball lands in our yard. The next thing we know, this guy comes running across Pinellas with his pitching wedge and before we could say anything he hits his ball from our yard back across Pinellas toward the green!!
We were shocked! I did manage to say “Next time please don’t hit from our yard”, too stunned to think of much else to say!
He yells over his shoulder, “just giving your grass a trim!”
We were both dumbstruck! He was not only rude but so arrogant and entitled. Obviously knows nothing of golf etiquette, or etiquette in general.

Kfrgolf 06-16-2018 08:17 PM

Why didn't you confront the idiot?

JoMar 06-16-2018 08:26 PM

Need to have a camera at the ready to take photo's of these idiots.

ColdNoMore 06-16-2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kfrgolf (Post 1553769)

I can think of a number of reasons...why that would/could have been a dumb thing to do. :oops:

Especially since the person wasn't on his (or his neighbors) property.

GE could have called Community Watch though...and maybe they could have caught the jerk.

Taltarzac725 06-16-2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1553740)
So here we are, 7:50, after some heavy rain. Egret had been closed all day for maintenance, the pins were laid alongside the green and the tee markers were not set out. Lo and behold, along comes a single playing down 6, skips 7, then plays 8. IF the course was even open, it most likely would be cart path only, but this guy just drives his cart down the middle of the fairway, sloshing along all the way. Didn't bother to fill his divot, drove right up to the green between the putting surface and a bunker, and then skidded down the hill. God only knows how much damage he did to the course, as well as where he got his entitled attitude. Geez.

I would have yelled "fore" a number of times at the top of my lungs and watched what happened. Fore! - Scottish Golf History

DonH57 06-16-2018 10:02 PM

Quote:

Definitely a complete entitled, ignorant, a hole! If the course is closed means you stay off it. What a shame.

EPutnam1863 06-16-2018 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kfrgolf (Post 1553769)

If possible, I would have picked up the ball and thrown it as far as I could in the opposite direction.

Chatbrat 06-17-2018 02:14 AM

a new reason all golf carts should have some kind of ID, be it a tag or decal

Nucky 06-17-2018 02:59 AM

Quote:

Should have cut loose the old "Bag of Snakes" on him so he would have had a memory or maybe no memory of the day! Priceless.

graciegirl 06-17-2018 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1553795)
a new reason all golf carts should have some kind of ID, be it a tag or decal

I think you should own a nice golf cart first to see how you like them and the golf carting experience here. It is super fun and interesting but unfortunately you cannot legislate kindness and respect and morality.

This incident is particularly appalling because golf has always earned the reputation of it's players being polite, and rule abiding.

I find all of society is becoming more "I will do whatever I want". I don't like it.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 06-17-2018 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotti105 (Post 1553768)
We live in Gilchrist with our lanai overlooking the 8th green of Kildeer. Pinellas Place runs between our lanai and the course.
We had just moved in and were sitting on our lanai and watching the golfers putt on the green.
All of the sudden this ball lands in our yard. The next thing we know, this guy comes running across Pinellas with his pitching wedge and before we could say anything he hits his ball from our yard back across Pinellas toward the green!!
We were shocked! I did manage to say “Next time please don’t hit from our yard”, too stunned to think of much else to say!
He yells over his shoulder, “just giving your grass a trim!”
We were both dumbstruck! He was not only rude but so arrogant and entitled. Obviously knows nothing of golf etiquette, or etiquette in general.

He also doesn't know anything about the rules of golf seeing as how your yard is obviously out of bounds.

Chatbrat 06-17-2018 06:27 AM

Wondering how many people never played golf before moving to TV--"free" anything attracts the wannabe's