Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Quest Diagnostics (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/quest-diagnostics-303628/)

BAT777 03-09-2020 10:45 AM

Quest Diagnostics

Not sure how many use Quest Diagnostics but both my husband and I have received bills for blood work and the reason why is they had submitted it wrong to our insurance. My concern is how many just pay the bill without questioning? I was online with both Quest and United Healthcare for 2 hours today getting this resolved. Quest finally stated it was their mistake for submitting it wrong to Insurance. (Scam) From now on we will go to LabCorp. We have to question and watch everything!

ColdNoMore 03-09-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAT777 (Post 1725660)
Not sure how many use Quest Diagnostics but both my husband and I have received bills for blood work and the reason why is they had submitted it wrong to our insurance. My concern is how many just pay the bill without questioning? I was online with both Quest and United Healthcare for 2 hours today getting this resolved. Quest finally stated it was their mistake for submitting it wrong to Insurance. (Scam) From now on we will go to LabCorp. We have to question and watch everything!

I've had them pull the same thing on me.

The letters I just ignore and my primary and secondary insurance...eventually takes care of it.

On the occasions where they try to get me to pay upfront before testing, I go ahead and do it, make them give me a receipt and then come back in to get debited...after showing them my insurance's payment(s).

A bit of a pain that I'm guessing they think most people won't bother with, because of the relatively low amount...but it's all about the principle of it.
:ho:

bagboy 03-09-2020 11:01 AM

Quote:

Good Luck with LabCorp.

CWGUY 03-09-2020 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagboy (Post 1725666)
Good Luck with LabCorp.

I agree! I had a bad experience with them. And now that I am reminded of it...... I didn't think their place was very clean looking. No problems with Quest Diagnostics. :ho:

golfing eagles 03-09-2020 11:48 AM

Quote:

And you think LabCorp is any different? Medical billing is extremely complicated thanks to the government and private insurers. Some insurers have been known to randomly deny up to 20% of their claims, since they know many won't go to the trouble of resubmitting it. Add to that the clerical personality who are pumping the billing through the computer generally don't hold PhD's in medical administration or computer science, so errors, that is LEGITIMATE errors, will happen. Not many will try to "pull something", the penalties and negative publicity aren't worth it.

rjm1cc 03-09-2020 07:57 PM

Quote:

Today Quest wanted to charge my wife over $200 for a B12 test. I have been getting them at Quest for no charge (last one about a month ago) for the last couple of years. We have identical medical insurance plans. Something is wrong and I guess I should try and find a new lab that my insurance accepts.

KLBNJ 03-10-2020 06:00 AM

Walk out and don’t give them your credit card when they call your name after check in. They do that every once in awhile at Quest. Report them to the Better Business. They are the most unfriendly techs. Go to another lab in the area.

Byte1 03-10-2020 06:20 AM

Quote:

We have gone around and around with them for a year before it was resolved. I thought it was the insurance's fault, but we have had no problems with other medical services messing it up as this one does. It wasn't that we couldn't afford to pay them. It was the principle of their laziness in being professional enough to do their jobs efficiently.

diamond2005 03-10-2020 06:28 AM

It took me 5 months of getting bill after bill, to make them realize that they
submitted the claim to my secondary carrier, not my primary.

rockyisle 03-10-2020 06:37 AM

I've tried for a year to get a bill resolved. I'm done trying. I would never go to quest again for anything. The bill is for $31.00. they coded it incorrectly and won't admit it.

Andyb 03-10-2020 06:57 AM

I’ve had problems with both, going to Vista from now on.

msilagy 03-10-2020 07:05 AM

People are human - mistakes are made - most likely not a scam! Don't know why it was hard to ask them to re-bill your lab work , sit back and wait till it's corrected.

willbush 03-10-2020 07:29 AM

Been going to Quest since moving here in 2009 and have never had an issue. I always go to the same Quest -1580 Santa Barbara Blvd Suite E, The Villages, Lady Lake, FL 32159 (near the hospital) Have Medicare & Tricare For Life (TFL)

yammie 03-10-2020 07:32 AM

We had a much better experience with LabCorp in all aspects. No problem with payments and especially fast reporting of results. Labs are also very clean.

psoccermom 03-10-2020 08:15 AM

If you have paid with a credit card and feel you were not charged correctly, file a complaint with the credit card company and let them handle it.