Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Face mask (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/face-mask-304782/)

nhbear 04-02-2020 08:43 PM

Face mask

Dose anyone have a face mask pattern , want to make for workers .Thanks

Koapaka 04-02-2020 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhbear (Post 1739234)
Dose anyone have a face mask pattern , want to make for workers .Thanks

Thank you for helping be part of the solution!

DIY Face Mask with Elastic in 10 minutes - Sewing Tutorial - YouTube

For BEGINNERS! ❤ How To Make A Fabric Face Mask At Home Easy - YouTube

Both of these will help you make them. And might want to make one for anyone in your family that HAS to venture out for food/necessities as well. This info came out this afternoon.

Public health experts: Americans should be wearing masks in public amid coronavirus

nhbear 04-03-2020 06:31 AM

Thank you

Lindsyburnsy 04-03-2020 06:37 AM

You can get a pattern online including a video.

Kilmacowen 04-03-2020 07:00 AM

I have already made dozens of face masks. 3D ones that will fit over N95, thus extending there use for first responders. Other ones that have a pocket on the back where a hepa filter can be inserted, or a folder paper towel. I have given these to family, friends and workers at grocery checkout and cvs.

My nearest Joanns is closed now and only online with curbside ,certain hours are available. Elastic supply has run out two weeks ago. I went to dollar store and purchased pony tail elastics, otherwise, you could make ties.

Of course, one still must practice social distances. Keep safe

retiredguy123 04-03-2020 07:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a super simple mask. One paper towel, 4 staples, 2 rubber bands.

Altavia 04-03-2020 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilmacowen (Post 1739353)
I have already made dozens of face masks. 3D ones that will fit over N95, thus extending there use for first responders. Other ones that have a pocket on the back where a hepa filter can be inserted, or a folder paper towel. I have given these to family, friends and workers at grocery checkout and cvs.

My nearest Joanns is closed now and only online with curbside ,certain hours are available. Elastic supply has run out two weeks ago. I went to dollar store and purchased pony tail elastics, otherwise, you could make ties.

Of course, one still must practice social distances. Keep safe

Bunge cords are full of elastic.

Kilmacowen 04-03-2020 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1739388)

I like this, can be disposed, single use. I have been using a mask and gloves for two weeks despite gov saying no need. Didn't make sense.

You need to give a link for instructions for making.

retiredguy123 04-03-2020 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilmacowen (Post 1739409)
I like this, can be disposed, single use. I have been using a mask and gloves for two weeks despite gov saying no need. Didn't make sense.

You need to give a link for instructions for making.

Sorry, no link. It is my own design (patent pending). Just take a strong paper towel, fold over one inch, turn over, fold another inch, etc. to create a pleated towel. Then, insert a rubber band over each end, fold over and staple each end twice. You can add a piece of cloth to the inside. Good luck.

billethkid 04-03-2020 10:58 AM

Masks....finally getting the attention.

My post regarding mask availability from another thread bears repeating here (in my opinion):

The mask requirement is long overdue.
All the information/data form Korea, Japan and China indicate masks are a significant contributor to flattening their curves.

The notion here in the USA that they are needed for the public to conserve supplies for the medical was/is not very good planning.

The companies that produce or are capable of producing should have been ordered to ramp up production for the inevitable call for masks.

Advogado 04-03-2020 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1739388)

Here is the simplest instructional video that I have come across. (It is in Spanish but is self-explanatory.) I hope this helps.

Throughout Asia, just about everybody is wearing a mask in public-- not an N95 but in recognition of the fact that any mask will serve to reduce the number of viruses floating around in the air and landing on people and surfaces. Finally, our public health officials are waking up to this fact.

How to make disposable face mask from paper towel in just 2 minutes - YouTube

retiredguy123 04-03-2020 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Advogado (Post 1739681)
Here is the simplest instructional video that I have come across. (It is in Spanish but is self-explanatory.) I hope this helps.

Throughout Asia, just about everybody is wearing a mask in public-- not an N95 but in recognition of the fact that any mask will serve to reduce the number of viruses floating around in the air and landing on people and surfaces. Finally, our public health officials are waking up to this fact.

How to make disposable face mask from paper towel in just 2 minutes - YouTube

I think she stole my design. Does anyone know a good patent attorney? By the way, my design uses 2 staples on each end, not one. More strength.

NotGolfer 04-03-2020 03:26 PM

Hobby Lobby has a tutorial online...was told if you order supplies from Michael's (we don't have H.L. here) they will deliver. Haven't tried the ordering yet but just got this from someone whose doing this.