Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Golf Etiquette (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/golf-etiquette-306131/)

Joanne19335 05-05-2020 07:13 PM

Golf Etiquette

I played Arnold Palmer today and was appalled by the condition of the fairways on Laurel. Is it too much to ask that golfers fix their divots? Before you complain about course conditions, ask yourself whether you are doing your part to keep the courses in the best shape possible. Fill your sand bottles and use them! It is very frustrating to find your ball in a divot on nearly every shot.

One last thing: We are growing at a record pace and golf courses are becoming more and more crowded every day. Please hit from the tees that reflect your level of play. Doing this will speed play and increase everyone’s enjoyment of the game.

rjn5656 05-06-2020 06:39 AM

Unfortunately too many people don't know or don't care about the etiquette of golf down here.

Bay Kid 05-06-2020 07:01 AM

I always fix a couple extra marks on every green.

tophcfa 05-06-2020 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanne19335 (Post 1759532)
One last thing: We are growing at a record pace and golf courses are becoming more and more crowded every day.

That didn’t used to happen when the Villages grew because they added holes of Championship Golf at the same rate that they built homes. That all stopped several years ago when the last Championship Course, Belle Glade, opened. Ever since then, the ratio of Championship Golf holes to homes has steadily declined.

billethkid 05-06-2020 09:05 AM

Quote:

I played Arnold Palmer today and was appalled by the condition of the fairways on Laurel. Is it too much to ask that golfers fix their divots? Before you complain about course conditions, ask yourself whether you are doing your part to keep the courses in the best shape possible. Fill your sand bottles and use them! It is very frustrating to find your ball in a divot on nearly every shot.

One last thing: We are growing at a record pace and golf courses are becoming more and more crowded every day. Please hit from the tees that reflect your level of play. Doing this will speed play and increase everyone’s enjoyment of the game.

Good luck!

Marvic 1 05-06-2020 11:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bay Kid (Post 1759672)
I always fix a couple extra marks on every green.

Thank you, this medal is going your way! :coolsmiley:

karostay 05-06-2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Growing part maybe coming to screeching slow down
Your 100% spot on about the rest