Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Another COVID-19 myth exposed! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/another-covid-19-myth-exposed-307489/)

Leadbone1 06-08-2020 08:27 PM

Another COVID-19 myth exposed!

The W.H.O just said it's 'rare' for asymptomatic people to spread the coronavirus!
So after all the endless guilting that has been done to people that refused to wear masks, because they we’re not sick, and knew that masks were ineffective anyway, we now find out that asymptomatic people rarely spread the disease!
Another major change from what we were initially told!
When are people going to accept that we have been fed incorrect data and supposed facts from the get go?

Ginpappas 06-08-2020 08:33 PM

Complicated

It's amazing how many people don't understand that science is complicated and when we have a new virus there is a steep learning curve as we try to navigate how contagious it may be or how and when it's most dangerous or what the mortality may be. Scientist and medical people are doing their best to keep us alive so instead of listening to someone on TOTV or my uncles third cousin on facebook, I think I'll keep relying on and trusting them while we try to sort it out.

Stu from NYC 06-08-2020 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginpappas (Post 1780219)
It's amazing how many people don't understand that science is complicated and when we have a new virus there is a steep learning curve as we try to navigate how contagious it may be or how and when it's most dangerous or what the mortality may be. Scientist and medical people are doing their best to keep us alive so instead of listening to someone on TOTV or my uncles third cousin on facebook, I think I'll keep relying on and trusting them while we try to sort it out.

very true

Wallyworld 06-08-2020 09:02 PM

When will you figure out this is all political!!

EdFNJ 06-08-2020 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leadbone1 (Post 1780216)
The W.H.O just said it's 'rare' for asymptomatic people to spread the coronavirus!
So after all the endless guilting that has been done to people that refused to wear masks, because they we’re not sick, and knew that masks were ineffective anyway, we now find out that asymptomatic people rarely spread the disease!
Another major change from what we were initially told!
When are people going to accept that we have been fed incorrect data and supposed facts from the get go?

LOL, so now the W.H.O. is right? When they say things you like they're great and when they say things you dispute they are a Chinese loving scam. People seem to forget this only started less than 3 months (and 112,000 deaths) ago way back when some guy said "we have a total of — but we have a total of 15 people, and they’re in a process of recovering". In 3 whole months new things get discovered and learned and disproven the reproven (are those words?). If it is proven that is true that does not make it a "myth" it just makes it as something new that has been discovered. There will be a lot more changes as it's only been 3 months.

Topspinmo 06-08-2020 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1780243)
LOL, so now the W.H.O. is right? When they say things you like they're great and when they say things you dispute they are a Chinese loving scam. People seem to forget this only started less than 3 months (and 112,000 deaths) ago way back when some guy said "we have a total of — but we have a total of 15 people, and they’re in a process of recovering". In 3 whole months new things get discovered and learned and disproven the reproven (are those words?). If it is proven that is true that does not make it a "myth" it just makes it as something new that has been discovered. There will be a lot more changes as it's only been 3 months.

Yep, only took 3 months to destroy free world economy.

roscoguy 06-09-2020 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leadbone1 (Post 1780216)

And how do you distinguish the "asymptomatic" from the "presymptomatic"?

sdeikenberry 06-09-2020 05:03 AM

The statement the author makes is misleading. It's talking about people who are asymptomatic. There are people who are infected that show no, or very mild, symptoms and they, and we, should still be protected from them. These people are in a different class than the one the author notes. Read this whole article. Asymptomatic spread of coronavirus 'appears to be rare,' WHO official says - CNN

rlcooper70 06-09-2020 05:05 AM

It took only three months to destroy the world's economy? And yet the stock market is at an all time high with around 15% unemployment and half of small business in bankruptcy. Why? And the president literally tried to call out the military ... to quell protests ... and few noticed .... does martial law and the end of Democracy require that we notice? And the stock market is at an all time high? Very confusing.

Benitacathcarb 06-09-2020 05:25 AM

They changed their statement.

CRUCIAL QUOTE
"Comprehensive studies on transmission from asymptomatic individuals are difficult to conduct, but the available evidence from contact tracing reported by Member States suggests that asymptomatically-infected individuals are much less likely to transmit the virus than those who develop symptoms," Van Kerkhove later tweeted.

WHO Says Asymptomatic Spread Of Coronavirus 'Very Rare,' But Experts Raise Questions

Why are people so against being cautious?

Leadbone1 06-09-2020 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlcooper70 (Post 1780282)
It took only three months to destroy the world's economy? And yet the stock market is at an all time high with around 15% unemployment and half of small business in bankruptcy. Why? And the president literally tried to call out the military ... to quell protests ... and few noticed .... does martial law and the end of Democracy require that we notice? And the stock market is at an all time high? Very confusing.

It’s not confusing at all. It’s all politically motivated. None of what’s happened in the last three months should’ve happened. The more we find out the more we realize this is true. Stop being confused

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 06-09-2020 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginpappas (Post 1780219)

I agree. I think that we're getting the best information that experts have at the time. As they study this thing, they learn more about it and sometimes they found that what they originally thought was wrong.

But how do we know if this latest information is right or wrong? That may change as well and it may be revealed that what they originally thought was correct.

Some people believe that this is all some kind of conspiracy to control the people. I'm not much on conspiracy theories to begin with but with 50 governors all on board and the leaders of 180 countries around the world agreeing, it would have to be the biggest conspiracy of all time.

One rule about conspiring is that the fewer people the better. if this was all a big plot, someone would have spoken out.

Leadbone1 06-09-2020 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneclickplus (Post 1780286)
"someone on TOTV" just quoted the WHO. So, it's not your uncles third cousin. What a stupid comment. Meanwhile, with this new understanding, can the 99% of us (asymptomatic) take off our masks and enjoy life again. I hate these damn things.

The mask is virtually useless anyway. Read what epidemiologist have to say about it because of the size of the Virus. I have never worn one and honestly I just shake my head when I see people wearing them, especially when they’re alone in their golf carts or in their car. There is just a degree of paranoia like I have never seen before?

Juniper 06-09-2020 05:28 AM

It’s called grinding gears between crises.

Professor 06-09-2020 05:30 AM

Sure, just stay away from the rest of the world who actually care about others who may be susceptible to the virus. Of course, you will have to figure out who those people are since they don't wear a sign that tells you their condition...Seems simpler to just wear a mask.