Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Kayak fishing in TV (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/kayak-fishing-tv-314902/)

phousel 01-10-2021 01:23 PM

Kayak fishing in TV

Coming to TV very soon. I D/L a map of fishing "ponds". I would like to know if there are any pond and/or lakes inside TV that allow kayaks. Also, if there are, would these bodies of water be accessible by golf cart? I am thinking of converting a (very) light weight trailer tp haul my 10-1/2 foot kayak with my golf cart. I want to stay inside TV and not have to haul my kayak by car if possible.

Comments / suggestions!

Thanks in advance.

Kahuna32162 01-10-2021 01:32 PM

Not sure if this answer all your questions, but it's a start

Bank Fishing | The Villages Freshwater Fishing

GoPacers 01-10-2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phousel (Post 1885232)
Coming to TV very soon. I D/L a map of fishing "ponds". I would like to know if there are any pond and/or lakes inside TV that allow kayaks. Also, if there are, would these bodies of water be accessible by golf cart? I am thinking of converting a (very) light weight trailer tp haul my 10-1/2 foot kayak with my golf cart. I want to stay inside TV and not have to haul my kayak by car if possible.

Comments / suggestions!

Thanks in advance.

Lake Miona has a nice launch and people fish in that lake via kayak regularly.

CWGUY 01-10-2021 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phousel (Post 1885232)

Comments / suggestions!

Thanks in advance.

:) Village Community Development Districts

John_W 01-10-2021 04:02 PM

I know two guys that have kayaks on top of their cars. One of them goes locally to Lake Okahumpka State Park, it's the big lake between 44 and the Turnpike. With all cart paths in the new area, it may be golf cart accessible or will be probably someday.

Lake Okahumpka Park | Sumter County, FL - Official Website

The other fellow is my neighbor that I play with for the past ten years. He likes going out of town. Next week he's going to Key Largo in the Florida Keys for the third time in past six months. He normally goes to Venice, which is below Sarasota and above Fort Myers. He'll go all over the Gulf Coast, sometimes he'll surf fish, they went to Destin a couple of months ago.

tophcfa 01-10-2021 04:23 PM

I have seen people Kayak fishing on Paradise Lake in the historic section. Not sure if pulling a kayak behind a golf cart would be a good idea due to many tight turns (turning radius limitations)?

vintageogauge 01-10-2021 04:28 PM

You might want to check if you would be allowed to pull a trailer behind your golf car. For sure you can't park the trailer or kayak in your driveway they are not allowed, it would have to be in your garage, there "might" be an exception to that in the historic section but nowhere else.

John_W 01-10-2021 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phousel
...would these bodies of water be accessible by golf cart? I am thinking of converting a (very) light weight trailer tp haul my 10-1/2 foot kayak with my golf cart. I want to stay inside TV and not have to haul my kayak by car if possible.

Most of the tunnels you have to make an immediate turn as soon as you exit. Pulling a trailer behind a golf cart, you would have to make some very wide turns. Better take a someone with you to hop out and stop oncoming traffic every time you go through a tunnel. Yes, there are many golf cart tunnels. This is the way most tunnels have to be entered, down a ramp and then a sharp turn and then a sharp turn and up a ramp when you exit. I think your best move is to get a kayak roof rack for your car.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2f/51...1986762f89.jpg

Buzzerbaby 01-10-2021 06:41 PM

I'd be interested in this as well... following

La lamy 01-11-2021 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 (Post 1885240)
Not sure if this answer all your questions, but it's a start

Bank Fishing | The Villages Freshwater Fishing

That's a great link.

davephan 01-11-2021 06:30 AM

I think you’re personal safety should be a concern if you’re thinking about doing fishing from a kayak. A kayak is very small and a very unstable boat that can easily tip over and capsize. If you end up in the water, it’s not like being “up north”, you’re in the water with alligators and maybe snakes! It’s much safer to fish from a pier or a larger boat, in my opinion.

RaunchyRich 01-11-2021 08:00 AM

Rather than a kayak, use a Float tube!

photo1902 01-11-2021 08:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by davephan (Post 1885494)
I think you’re personal safety should be a concern if you’re thinking about doing fishing from a kayak. A kayak is very small and a very unstable boat that can easily tip over and capsize. If you end up in the water, it’s not like being “up north”, you’re in the water with alligators and maybe snakes! It’s much safer to fish from a pier or a larger boat, in my opinion.

There are literally tens of thousands who kayak here in Florida, as well as fishing from kayaks.

You should try it, it’s a blast.

An excellent, set up by the way...

dhdallas 01-11-2021 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davephan (Post 1885494)

You obviously never tried a modern recreational kayak. Purpose built fishing kayaks are so stable that you can stand up in many of them. I have a sit-on-top kayak and have never even come close to tipping it. *The Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission says the likelihood of being seriously injured in a random attack is roughly one in 2.4 million.

*CNN - Breaking News, Latest News and Videos › health › animal-attacks-statistics

Catalina36 01-11-2021 08:53 AM

Lake Miona allows kayaks and fishing