Kayak fishing in TV

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2021, 01:23 PM
Question Kayak fishing in TV

Coming to TV very soon. I D/L a map of fishing "ponds". I would like to know if there are any pond and/or lakes inside TV that allow kayaks. Also, if there are, would these bodies of water be accessible by golf cart? I am thinking of converting a (very) light weight trailer tp haul my 10-1/2 foot kayak with my golf cart. I want to stay inside TV and not have to haul my kayak by car if possible.

Comments / suggestions!

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-10-2021, 01:32 PM
Gold member

Not sure if this answer all your questions, but it's a start

Bank Fishing | The Villages Freshwater Fishing

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 01-10-2021, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phousel View Post
Coming to TV very soon. I D/L a map of fishing "ponds". I would like to know if there are any pond and/or lakes inside TV that allow kayaks. Also, if there are, would these bodies of water be accessible by golf cart? I am thinking of converting a (very) light weight trailer tp haul my 10-1/2 foot kayak with my golf cart. I want to stay inside TV and not have to haul my kayak by car if possible.

Comments / suggestions!

Thanks in advance.
Lake Miona has a nice launch and people fish in that lake via kayak regularly.
Old 01-10-2021, 03:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phousel View Post

Comments / suggestions!

Thanks in advance.
Village Community Development Districts
Old 01-10-2021, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I know two guys that have kayaks on top of their cars. One of them goes locally to Lake Okahumpka State Park, it's the big lake between 44 and the Turnpike. With all cart paths in the new area, it may be golf cart accessible or will be probably someday.

Lake Okahumpka Park | Sumter County, FL - Official Website

The other fellow is my neighbor that I play with for the past ten years. He likes going out of town. Next week he's going to Key Largo in the Florida Keys for the third time in past six months. He normally goes to Venice, which is below Sarasota and above Fort Myers. He'll go all over the Gulf Coast, sometimes he'll surf fish, they went to Destin a couple of months ago.
Old 01-10-2021, 04:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

I have seen people Kayak fishing on Paradise Lake in the historic section. Not sure if pulling a kayak behind a golf cart would be a good idea due to many tight turns (turning radius limitations)?
Old 01-10-2021, 04:28 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

You might want to check if you would be allowed to pull a trailer behind your golf car. For sure you can't park the trailer or kayak in your driveway they are not allowed, it would have to be in your garage, there "might" be an exception to that in the historic section but nowhere else.
Old 01-10-2021, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phousel
...would these bodies of water be accessible by golf cart? I am thinking of converting a (very) light weight trailer tp haul my 10-1/2 foot kayak with my golf cart. I want to stay inside TV and not have to haul my kayak by car if possible.
Most of the tunnels you have to make an immediate turn as soon as you exit. Pulling a trailer behind a golf cart, you would have to make some very wide turns. Better take a someone with you to hop out and stop oncoming traffic every time you go through a tunnel. Yes, there are many golf cart tunnels. This is the way most tunnels have to be entered, down a ramp and then a sharp turn and then a sharp turn and up a ramp when you exit. I think your best move is to get a kayak roof rack for your car.

The Villages Florida
Old 01-10-2021, 06:41 PM

I'd be interested in this as well... following
Old 01-11-2021, 06:17 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,141 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
Not sure if this answer all your questions, but it's a start

Bank Fishing | The Villages Freshwater Fishing
That's a great link.
Old 01-11-2021, 06:30 AM

I think you’re personal safety should be a concern if you’re thinking about doing fishing from a kayak. A kayak is very small and a very unstable boat that can easily tip over and capsize. If you end up in the water, it’s not like being “up north”, you’re in the water with alligators and maybe snakes! It’s much safer to fish from a pier or a larger boat, in my opinion.
Old 01-11-2021, 08:00 AM

Rather than a kayak, use a Float tube!
Old 01-11-2021, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
I think you’re personal safety should be a concern if you’re thinking about doing fishing from a kayak. A kayak is very small and a very unstable boat that can easily tip over and capsize. If you end up in the water, it’s not like being “up north”, you’re in the water with alligators and maybe snakes! It’s much safer to fish from a pier or a larger boat, in my opinion.
There are literally tens of thousands who kayak here in Florida, as well as fishing from kayaks.

You should try it, it’s a blast.

An excellent, set up by the way...
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	kayak.jpg
Views:	1478
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	87646  

Last edited by photo1902; 01-11-2021 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-11-2021, 08:45 AM
Thanked 1,120 Times in 246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
You obviously never tried a modern recreational kayak. Purpose built fishing kayaks are so stable that you can stand up in many of them. I have a sit-on-top kayak and have never even come close to tipping it. *The Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission says the likelihood of being seriously injured in a random attack is roughly one in 2.4 million.

*CNN - Breaking News, Latest News and Videos › health › animal-attacks-statistics
Old 01-11-2021, 08:53 AM

Lake Miona allows kayaks and fishing
Closed Thread

Tags
kayak, golf, fishing, haul, inside

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.