Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Cart Fire (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/cart-fire-343422/)

Dusty_Star 08-14-2023 03:23 PM

Cart Fire

Does anyone know anything about the cart fire in LSL area yesterday (8-13-2023)? I read that the woman & the clubs were rescued, but the cart was incinerated. Take a look at the Villages News site that must not be named, if you are curious. It looks like the cart was just a pile of rubble at the end. Amazing.

Dotneko 08-14-2023 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty_Star (Post 2245335)
Does anyone know anything about the cart fire in LSL area yesterday (8-13-2023)? I read that the woman & the clubs were rescued, but the cart was incinerated. Take a look at the Villages News site that must not be named, if you are curious. It looks like the cart was just a pile of rubble at the end. Amazing.

And their usual bad reporting tells you nothing other than there was a fire. No cause. Are their reporters from the middle school?

Dusty_Star 08-14-2023 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dotneko (Post 2245337)
And their usual bad reporting tells you nothing other than there was a fire. No cause. Are their reporters from the middle school?

Completely agree with the lack of 'reports' in the reports. No details whatsoever. That is why I was asking. Some must know.

bhoward 08-14-2023 08:57 PM

It must have been an electric cart. Glad I have gas.

villagetinker 08-14-2023 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhoward (Post 2245435)

Sorry, gas cart can burn also, a small leak, and a nylon gas tank, can make for a big fire.

Topspinmo 08-14-2023 09:26 PM

My money on gas that had no preventive inspection or maintenance done?

tophcfa 08-14-2023 09:35 PM

All is good, gas or electric is unimportant as long as the golf clubs came out OK : (

asianthree 08-15-2023 05:42 AM

Our club up north had the cart barn burn to the ground. One couldn’t tell what it was that caught fire. All 60 carts were electric, no gas storage in barn.

Topspinmo 08-15-2023 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 2245484)
Our club up north had the cart barn burn to the ground. One couldn’t tell what it was that caught fire. All 60 carts were electric, no gas storage in barn.

Not knowing the circumstances it could of been number of things like faulty wiring due having to charge all those carts, faulty chargers, or environmental problem like lightning strike.

Djean1981 08-15-2023 07:29 AM

If you go to the related article on the un-nameable news / infotainment site, and zoom in on the crumbled remains. It looks like it was a gas cart.

Bilyclub 08-15-2023 07:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A pile of goo.

BrianL99 08-15-2023 07:44 AM

Quote:

Why does this Gas vs Electric nonsense continue in The Villages?

Gas golf carts are legacy products and you probably won't be able to buy a new one, in another 3 or 4 years.

Electric Golf Carts have an 82% Market Share in the USA and a 64% Global Market Share.

They are demonstrably cleaner, more efficient, more convenient, need less maintenance, quieter and more comfortable. Gas carts have been banned by most so-called "golf cart communities" around the country.

Defending, advocating and even using a gasoline power golf cart, is no different than saying you have no use for a refrigerator, because your Ice Box works perfectly fine. Gasoline carts are dinosaurs and no amount desk pounding is going to change that.

UpNorth 08-15-2023 08:03 AM

Quote:

I've seen several gas cart infernos burn to the ground in The Villages. I feel safer in an electric cart.

mickey100 08-15-2023 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianL99 (Post 2245574)
Why does this Gas vs Electric nonsense continue in The Villages?

Gas golf carts are legacy products and you probably won't be able to buy a new one, in another 3 or 4 years.

Electric Golf Carts have an 82% Market Share in the USA and a 64% Global Market Share.

They are demonstrably cleaner, more efficient, more convenient, need less maintenance, quieter and more comfortable. Gas carts have been banned by most so-called "golf cart communities" around the country.

Defending, advocating and even using a gasoline power golf cart, is no different than saying you have no use for a refrigerator, because your Ice Box works perfectly fine. Gasoline carts are dinosaurs and no amount desk pounding is going to change that.

But you know some people just have trouble with "change". Anything different or new is immediately suspect, hence all the dissing of electric cars, wind and solar power, etc.

tophcfa 08-15-2023 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianL99 (Post 2245574)

That’s why I recently bought a brand new quiet tech and have three nice gas carts in our garage. This legacy kind of guy should be all set for the rest of my life : )