Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Opening windows on a nice day (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/opening-windows-nice-day-36723/)

Minnesotalyn 03-07-2011 05:46 PM

Opening windows on a nice day

I'm curious, On a day like today, from what I've seen online the dewpoint is low and the humidity also. Does everyone open their windows? I've heard from people here that you can never open your windows in Fl. Why would you move there.:22yikes::cold:

K9-Lovers 03-07-2011 05:48 PM

Except for a few cool days, my windows are open every day, and our bedroom window is cracked open every night. The breezes are heavenly.

jojo 03-07-2011 05:53 PM

Sliding doors wide open today and most days. If we open the front door with a screen we have a wind tunnel which cools on warmer days.

ceejay 03-07-2011 05:56 PM

Our windows have been open for at least the past three weeks. We get an absolutely heavenly :angel: breeze when we have the garage and lanai doors open.
We do have the sliding screens on the garage to keep the critters out. Best investment we ever made and I really am surprised that more Villagers don't have them!
Believe me...if we couldn't open our windows, we wouldn't be here!

skip0358 03-07-2011 06:01 PM

windows

Windows open,sliding door open even had retractable screen installed on front door so we can leave that open.

rubicon 03-07-2011 06:18 PM

Retractable Overhead Screen door

I have really enjoyed my retractable overhead screen door. It was installed by Thumper (352 245 5892) who produces a quality product and provides on the spot servicing. I have mentioned his name to a number of people who had thumper install a unit and not one negative comment and in fact talked him up. I don't normally pass along names but this one is well deserved.

Tbugs 03-07-2011 06:28 PM

By all means, open those windows!! There will be days in the summer when it will be too hot but it is wonderful right now.

The posts about the retractable screen doors are 100% right. You do have to keep those little Florida critters out but the air is great.

JenAjd 03-07-2011 08:35 PM

We have a screen door on the front-door and one on the patio-door as well. We open the windows every chance we can get. They were open all during those 80-degree weather we just had. Closed them when the cold-front came through but we have them open again. We are used to cool sleeping so crack the window on cooler nights (NOT cold). Open your windows and "enjoy"!!!! Probably won't do it when it's HOT and MUGGY (humid)!!!

Barefoot 03-07-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnesotalyn (Post 336340)

Does everyone open their windows? I've heard from people here that you can never open your windows in Fl. Why would you move there.:::cold:

People have been telling you that you can't open your windows in Florida? :1rotfl: I think someone has been pulling your leg.

LI SNOWBIRD 03-08-2011 08:59 AM

Open windows

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnesotalyn (Post 336340)
I'm curious, On a day like today, from what I've seen online the dewpoint is low and the humidity also. Does everyone open their windows? I've heard from people here that you can never open your windows in Fl. Why would you move there.:22yikes::cold:

We too like our winows open in the cool weather. Just gotta be careful if you are allergic to pollen this time of year.
:a040:

graciegirl 03-08-2011 09:35 AM

We love our windows open, but the pollen is bothering our Helene right now. Since we are still snowbirds, we are trying to decide if taking her to the allergists here is wise, since then we will go North about when she gets desensitized to the pollens here which are different to the pollens there.

Windows open at this time of the year are heavenly here.

Minnesotalyn 03-08-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 336407)
People have been telling you that you can't open your windows in Florida? :1rotfl: I think someone has been pulling your leg.

I figured in the late fall and early spring you could, but we still have people here that don't want us to move to Florida and will say the darnest things.:shrug:

Mikitv 03-08-2011 10:06 PM

We have front porch and lanai screened. I have a humidity gauge in house and when it shows humidity low outside I go ahead an open both those doors for a nice cross breeze.

redwitch 03-08-2011 10:12 PM

You couldn't pay me to open the windows during the rainy season (kinda missed that last year), but right now, I'd die if I couldn't open my windows and slider. No question the pollen is high (and miserable) but some things are worth it. I left walnut and eucalyptus trees and traded their pollen for oak tree pollen -- oak tree pollen ain't half as bad. And, yes, people really will say the darndest thing to keep you where you are (don't listen or, better yet, drag 'em down here so they can change their minds and move here, too).

skyguy79 03-08-2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 336521)
You couldn't pay me to open the windows during the rainy season (kinda missed that last year), but right now, I'd die if I couldn't open my windows and slider. No question the pollen is high (and miserable) but some things are worth it. I left walnut and eucalyptus trees and traded their pollen for oak tree pollen -- oak tree pollen ain't half as bad. And, yes, people really will say the darndest thing to keep you where you are (don't listen or, better yet, drag 'em down here so they can change their minds and move here, too).

Is it true that there is a pollen going around called Redwitch that if we get it in our homes we have to hire you to Dee-tox the place? http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/r...leys/lmao4.gif