Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   Governor Christie Takes State Helicopter (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/governor-christie-takes-state-helicopter-39128/)

Guest 06-01-2011 12:24 PM

Governor Christie Takes State Helicopter

to son's baseball game and returns to his office to meet with political supporter. So much for defending the poor taxpayer. My favorite part is that he couldn't walk 100 yards to his seat. He had to have a limo drive him 300 feet. No wonder he's so overweight.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...per_to_so.html

Guest 06-01-2011 01:22 PM

The article explains that the helicopter has been made available to previous Governors. However, my man Chris should have been wiser than to let his guard down making him vulnerable to critics just looking to beat him down. so shame on you Chris

Guest 06-01-2011 02:14 PM

He looks like he's about to

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 358855)
The article explains that the helicopter has been made available to previous Governors. However, my man Chris should have been wiser than to let his guard down making him vulnerable to critics just looking to beat him down. so shame on you Chris

explode. I don't think voters would vote for someone as obese as him for president.

Guest 06-01-2011 02:19 PM

So what. Obama plays golf nine weeks in a row while our economy crumbles.

Bet he took the chopper a few times too. Actually that would be 3 choppers at a time. Two are decoys, one he flys in.

Good post though. Keep digging, mayby you'll eventually find something mildly interesting.

Guest 06-01-2011 02:29 PM

He couldn't walk 300 feet

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 358881)

Bet he took the chopper a few times too. Actually that would be 3 choppers at a time. Two are decoys, one he flys in.

Good post though. Keep digging, you'll eventually find something interesting.

is this the guy you want running the country? BTW, the secret service determines how the president travels. Also, Bush spent billions on his needless war in Iraq, and spent his many vacation weeks walking around his ranch in Texas while innocent soldiers and civilians died. Did that bother you? Don't bother responding. I already know the answer.

Guest 06-01-2011 02:38 PM

I haven't heard he's running for Presadent. Did I miss something?

btw, you have something against overweight people? I thought libs were the caring, tolerant, accepting ones.

Guess not.

Guest 06-01-2011 02:42 PM

Someone who takes a limo 300 feet

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 358883)
I haven't heard he's running for Presadent. Did I miss something?

btw, you have something against overweight people? I thought libs were the caring, tolerant, accepting ones.

Guess not.

yeah that bothers me. Shows a sense of entitlement, or a very lazy guy.

Guest 06-01-2011 02:51 PM

So you're saying in your opionion, people who are overweight show a sense of entitlement, or a very lazy person? Someone overweight isn't qualified to run our country?

Guest 06-01-2011 03:19 PM

Very shallow, Actor; and very childish.

Guest 06-01-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 358855)

so just because every other gov did it makes it okay for this gov to do it?

this gov has preached 'shared sacrifice' since he campaigned for office - but he is not sacrificing anything!

Guest 06-01-2011 03:38 PM

He's not sacrificing anything less than Obama does.

Quote:

"Everybody, not just one group, must be ready to give up something to help push the U.S. economic recovery, President Obama told the nation's governors Monday.

"Shared sacrifice" should be the catch phrase, Obama told the National Governors Association. "If all the pain is shared by one group … that's not good for anyone."
I don't see Obama or the Federal Government for that matter sacrificing one damn thing.

Guest 06-01-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 358895)
so just because every other gov did it makes it okay for this gov to do it?

this gov has preached 'shared sacrifice' since he campaigned for office - but he is not sacrificing anything!

Are you on the Governor's staff or are otherwise privy to his commitments? It seems the Governor has used air travel judiciously. This is just another liberal attempt to slay the dragon they fear. (I mean the liberal media highlighting this story and not necessarily you)

Also the State Police have a story for you.
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...christies.html

Guest 06-01-2011 04:06 PM

For the record, I think Gov. Christie is a very sexy man. Not only do I find him physically attractive; but his personality and his intelligence also contribute to his appeal. My husband is a big man and he's sexy as well. Maybe some smaller men have big man envy and they think it builds them up to put down big men. Perhaps a Napolean complex or some other insecurity that would cause someone to insult and make derogatory remarks about someone's physical appearance. Like some have done with Sarah Palin's family. It is mean spirited and wrong.

BTW, the state police helicopter didn't cost the taxpayers any addtional monies, according to the NJ State Police.

..."State Police said the governor’s trip took one hour, at an estimated cost of about $2,500. But State Police Superintendent Rick Fuentes said Christie’s use of the helicopter carried “no additional cost to taxpayers or the State Police budget.

“'It is important to understand that State Police helicopters fly daily homeland security missions, and use flight time for training purposes, more so lately as we acclimate our pilots to the new aircraft,' Fuentes said in a statement released Wednesday. 'These are flight hours that would be logged in any event.'”

http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2011...ogle_news_blog

Guest 06-01-2011 04:34 PM

You're Right, I'm Envious

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 358907)
For the record, I think Gov. Christie is a very sexy man. Not only do I find him physically attractive; but his personality and his intelligence also contribute to his appeal. My husband is a big man and he's sexy as well. Maybe some smaller men have big man envy and they think it builds them up to put down big men. Perhaps a Napolean complex or some other insecurity that would cause someone to insult and make derogatory remarks about someone's physical appearance. Like some have done with Sarah Palin's family. It is mean spirited and wrong.

BTW, the state police helicopter didn't cost the taxpayers any addtional monies, according to the NJ State Police.

..."State Police said the governor’s trip took one hour, at an estimated cost of about $2,500. But State Police Superintendent Rick Fuentes said Christie’s use of the helicopter carried “no additional cost to taxpayers or the State Police budget.

“'It is important to understand that State Police helicopters fly daily homeland security missions, and use flight time for training purposes, more so lately as we acclimate our pilots to the new aircraft,' Fuentes said in a statement released Wednesday. 'These are flight hours that would be logged in any event.'”

http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2011...ogle_news_blog

because I'm not 100 lbs overweight.

Guest 06-01-2011 04:37 PM

No Lassen

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 358886)
So you're saying in your opionion, people who are overweight show a sense of entitlement, or a very lazy person? Someone overweight isn't qualified to run our country?

I said a governor who needs to take a limo rather than walk 300 feet either feels a sense of entitlement, or is a very lazy guy. Get it?

Guest 06-01-2011 05:11 PM

Actor, I am turned off by actions that appear to be elitist. Having said that you might want to look at wht it costs the taxpers and the entourage that travels with Obama and his family. He carries so many people, such as three different chefs, Cadillac Limo's etc. It has reported to ru n in the millions and millions for these trips. Explain for instance why his wife and kids get a free trip to Spain? Christie is a piker next to the elitist Obama.

Now I find it contradictory that you discrimate against people whom you perceive to not fit your image of normal.... Perhaps not since Dems have build a huge food police force attempting to dictate what a person will eat and won't eat..and how much

So I agree that we should alll challenge those in power who feel priviledge to take advantage but we must be fair and balanced in our approach.

Guest 06-01-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

So what. Obama plays golf nine weeks in a row while our economy crumbles

And Nero fiddled while Rome burned.....what's your point?

Guest 06-01-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Good post though. Keep digging, mayby you'll eventually find something mildly interesting.

This is the standard Republican defense! Did Obama play golf everyday for 9 weeks? Do you have any credible proof that he actually played golf 9 times?

Show me the proof!!!!!!

Guest 06-01-2011 07:19 PM

Sorry, 8. Probably 9 or 10 by now.

Headline May 11th.

"Obama goes golfing for a record 69th time and eighth straight week before popping off to Europe for another vacation."

Personally I don't really care. The more time he spends playing golf the less time he has to damage the country any more than he already has. Guess it doesn't really matter as he has his other foxes watching the henhouse.

Guest 06-01-2011 07:46 PM

And Bush Didn't Get Special

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 358928)
Actor, I am turned off by actions that appear to be elitist. Having said that you might want to look at wht it costs the taxpers and the entourage that travels with Obama and his family. He carries so many people, such as three different chefs, Cadillac Limo's etc. It has reported to ru n in the millions and millions for these trips. Explain for instance why his wife and kids get a free trip to Spain? Christie is a piker next to the elitist Obama.

Now I find it contradictory that you discrimate against people whom you perceive to not fit your image of normal.... Perhaps not since Dems have build a huge food police force attempting to dictate what a person will eat and won't eat..and how much

So I agree that we should alll challenge those in power who feel priviledge to take advantage but we must be fair and balanced in our approach.

treatment when he was in office? BTW, all that nonsense about how much Obama's trips cost has been proven to be BS, including the lies about the trip to Spain.

Guest 06-01-2011 08:28 PM

I wonder if in some future Presidential election the Republican candidate was thin and the Democrat was overweight who a certain person here would vote for? Maybe by then thin people will be considered by some lazy and entitled and the overweight hard workers.

The truth of the matter is, the left's hatred for anyone or anything conservative whether they are running for office or not holds no bounds and no rules.

Even if it is perceived they MAY have the slightest notion to run for office they will be summarily attacked and ripped to shreds even in the most personal way.

Meanwhile, Obama goes unscrutinized by the left no matter what he does or says.

Guest 06-01-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 358905)
Are you on the Governor's staff or are otherwise privy to his commitments? It seems the Governor has used air travel judiciously. This is just another liberal attempt to slay the dragon they fear. (I mean the liberal media highlighting this story and not necessarily you)

Also the State Police have a story for you.
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...christies.html

richie - you probably know a little less than i do about the gov's scheduling since you left this state - but i still live there and i follow the parts of his schedule that are made public. the night of this episode the gov had to leave the game to get to the gov's mansion [where he does not live but uses it for his special mtgs and events] where he was hosting the iowa republicans who are courting him for a presidential run in '12 or '16 - did the taxpayers pay for that dinner? the dinners he has hosted for other republican govs like haley barber might be state business, but they have at the same time included accepting a contribution for the state republican party [haley loves to pat himself on the back about his generosity!]! the trip to the kid's game was a personal event and not a state event - let him pay out of his pocket for the flight and for his car that drove to the game to drive him from the hilo to the game! he is not leading this state by example! he is all do as i say and not as i do.

i voted for this man because he sounded like the man who was going to get things done! he has NOT! he has a dog and pony show that he takes around the state where he berates teachers and public sector employees and the day after says he really meant to berate their unions! he claims to love collective bargaining but he refuses to bargain the issue of employee healthcare which is a contract provision. he claimed he would not obey a supreme court ruling should the court rule that the state had to increase funding for special needs districts - the court ruled the state must - and christie rolled over and said okay. he refuses to sit down with the teacher's union reps to discuss the need and the process to change the right to tenure - where is he getting his information - from his mothe who was a teacher? the state commissioner of education worked with teachers and various other state educators to develop the application for the run to the top funds - christie did not like some of the provisions and pulled them to be replaced with what he did want - the application failed - and washington said it failed to include goals such as the ones that the gov pulled out!

he has accomplished one good thing for the good of all state residents and that is the elimination of an early release from prison to parole - sentences will be served - until some other bozo comes along to change things again. his other accomplishment has been the pitting of private sector against public sector and/or the haves against the have nots - and that is not a good thing. newspaper and website posters scream about taxpayers bearing the burden for supporting teachers and public employees - as if those public employees and teachers were not taxpayers!

this gov is derisive and divisive. it has to be his way or the highway! i am still wondering what happened to the candidate who campaigned on the politics of inclusion. this gov gripes about public employees thinking they are entitled to their pensions and benefits [which according to legal decisions, they are under law as it is currently written] - but he can sure play the entitlement card for himeslf!

Guest 06-01-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

he is all do as i say and not as i do.
Quote:

i voted for this man because he sounded like the man who was going to get things done! he has NOT
Quote:

derisive and divisive.
Quote:

it has to be his way or the highway!
I'm confused. Did the conversation switch back to Obama?

Guest 06-01-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 358969)
Sorry, 8. Probably 9 or 10 by now.

Headline May 11th.

"Obama goes golfing for a record 69th time and eighth straight week before popping off to Europe for another vacation."

Personally I don't really care. The more time he spends playing golf the less time he has to damage the country any more than he already has. Guess it doesn't really matter as he has his other foxes watching the henhouse.

Geez... I checked he plays golf on the weekend as do I cause I still work. I did take off for The Villages Cup!! I think the trip to Europe included a State visit to England and a G8 meeting.

Guest 06-01-2011 08:49 PM

If my company was in shambles and nearly bankrupt I doubt I'd be out paying golf all the time. But like I said, I really don't care. Anything to keep him out of Washington. But that doesn't seem to help either.

Guest 06-01-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 358995)
richie - you probably know a little less than i do about the gov's scheduling since you left this state - but i still live there and i follow the parts of his schedule that are made public. the night of this episode the gov had to leave the game to get to the gov's mansion [where he does not live but uses it for his special mtgs and events] where he was hosting the iowa republicans who are courting him for a presidential run in '12 or '16 - did the taxpayers pay for that dinner? the dinners he has hosted for other republican govs like haley barber might be state business, but they have at the same time included accepting a contribution for the state republican party [haley loves to pat himself on the back about his generosity!]! the trip to the kid's game was a personal event and not a state event - let him pay out of his pocket for the flight and for his car that drove to the game to drive him from the hilo to the game! he is not leading this state by example! he is all do as i say and not as i do.

i voted for this man because he sounded like the man who was going to get things done! he has NOT! he has a dog and pony show that he takes around the state where he berates teachers and public sector employees and the day after says he really meant to berate their unions! he claims to love collective bargaining but he refuses to bargain the issue of employee healthcare which is a contract provision. he claimed he would not obey a supreme court ruling should the court rule that the state had to increase funding for special needs districts - the court ruled the state must - and christie rolled over and said okay. he refuses to sit down with the teacher's union reps to discuss the need and the process to change the right to tenure - where is he getting his information - from his mothe who was a teacher? the state commissioner of education worked with teachers and various other state educators to develop the application for the run to the top funds - christie did not like some of the provisions and pulled them to be replaced with what he did want - the application failed - and washington said it failed to include goals such as the ones that the gov pulled out!

he has accomplished one good thing for the good of all state residents and that is the elimination of an early release from prison to parole - sentences will be served - until some other bozo comes along to change things again. his other accomplishment has been the pitting of private sector against public sector and/or the haves against the have nots - and that is not a good thing. newspaper and website posters scream about taxpayers bearing the burden for supporting teachers and public employees - as if those public employees and teachers were not taxpayers!

this gov is derisive and divisive. it has to be his way or the highway! i am still wondering what happened to the candidate who campaigned on the politics of inclusion. this gov gripes about public employees thinking they are entitled to their pensions and benefits [which according to legal decisions, they are under law as it is currently written] - but he can sure play the entitlement card for himeslf!

Sorry you feel that way but the Governor's tackling of the Teacher's Union is what I'm most proud of. The Teacher's Union's are the single most destructive force in the education of our students. I'm not talking about all NJ teacher's but their unions. They're a bunch of greedy thugs who care about themselves before all else.

Medicine is not always easy to take, but be patient and in the end you'll feel better. The gravy train has to end for the public employee who is funded by the taxes of the private sector. Time to enter the real world with the rest of us.

Guest 06-02-2011 05:56 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 358992)
I wonder if in some future Presidential election the Republican candidate was thin and the Democrat was overweight who a certain person here would vote for? Maybe by then thin people will be considered by some lazy and entitled and the overweight hard workers.

The truth of the matter is, the left's hatred for anyone or anything conservative whether they are running for office or not holds no bounds and no rules.

Even if it is perceived they MAY have the slightest notion to run for office they will be summarily attacked and ripped to shreds even in the most personal way.

Meanwhile, Obama goes unscrutinized by the left no matter what he does or says.

Perhaps you don't remember Clinton getting flak for his love of cheeseburgers.

Guest 06-02-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 359019)
Sorry you feel that way but the Governor's tackling of the Teacher's Union is what I'm most proud of. The Teacher's Union's are the single most destructive force in the education of our students. I'm not talking about all NJ teacher's but their unions. They're a bunch of greedy thugs who care about themselves before all else.

Medicine is not always easy to take, but be patient and in the end you'll feel better. The gravy train has to end for the public employee who is funded by the taxes of the private sector. Time to enter the real world with the rest of us.

Relax Richie....take a rest...lean on your shovel. :doh:

Guest 06-02-2011 09:31 AM

Anybody take a look at Liberal/Socialist/Marxist Michael Moore lately. Sheesh

Sorry to reduce myself to the likes of the libs on this thread, but what a bunch of nasty nimrods.

Guest 06-02-2011 10:53 AM

Obese people can't lead???

I guess this means Michael Moore's following has ditched him.

Then again, probably not.

Guest 06-02-2011 12:43 PM

Teachers Union Greedy Thugs?

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 359019)

This is from a teamster? LMAO.

Guest 06-02-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 359114)
This is from a teamster? LMAO.

I worked in the private sector. Our employer has to make a profit for us to work and prosper. Because of the Obama failing economy my union made concessions in wages and benefits and pension in order for the company to survive so that we can work another day.

Teacher's Unions do not understand the concept of shared sacrifice. They need to be made to learn. Gov. Christie is the man to do it.

Now, don't you regret your ignorance on this subject, laughing boy?

Guest 06-02-2011 03:37 PM

Public employee unions

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 359162)
I worked in the private sector. Our employer has to make a profit for us to work and prosper. Because of the Obama failing economy my union made concessions in wages and benefits and pension in order for the company to survive so that we can work another day.

Teacher's Unions do not understand the concept of shared sacrifice. They need to be made to learn. Gov. Christie is the man to do it.

Now, don't you regret your ignorance on this subject, laughing boy?

including teachers unions have lately been very willing to negotiate contract givebacks and other concessions to accommodate cash strapped municipalities. You must admit that a member of the teamsters union accusing anyone else of thuggery is pretty funny.

Guest 06-02-2011 04:29 PM

I guess you missed the near riots in Wisconsin and NJ and other states over teacher's union and other public union demands. As usual, you don't know what you're talking about. I am a former member of the Teamster's Union, to be precise and, like I said, we work in the private sector. It's a whole other world than the public sector, and if you don't see it, you're ignorant of the reality.

Guest 06-02-2011 05:31 PM

I guess YOU missed the fact that the teacher's unions in Wisconsin AGREED to the Governor's requests/demands for givebacks and he took away their bargaining powers ANYWAY.

That told me it was about power, not fiscal sanity.

Guest 06-02-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 359218)
I guess YOU missed the fact that the teacher's unions in Wisconsin AGREED to the Governor's requests/demands for givebacks and he took away their bargaining powers ANYWAY.

That told me it was about power, not fiscal sanity.

A liberal judge gave them back, last I heard. To say that the stripping of unbridled contract powers from public employees, particularly tenured employees is not about controlling current and future costs is a little nonsensical, in my opinion.

I wasn't totally against them, by the way, but it was only when the dice were thrown and they saw defeat at hand that they began to want to talk.

Guest 06-02-2011 06:01 PM

Some Union Man

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 359224)
A liberal judge gave them back, last I heard. To say that the stripping of unbridled contract powers from public employees, particularly tenured employees is not about controlling current and future costs is a little nonsensical, in my opinion.

I wasn't totally against them, by the way, but it was only when the dice were thrown and they saw defeat at hand that they began to want to talk.

you are. You probably loved to cross picket lines. I agree with the previous poster, The unions in Wisconsin agreed to concessions. The governor, however, wanted them to give up their right to bargain, which no union would agree to do.

Guest 06-02-2011 06:56 PM

Public employee unions shouldn't have the right to collective bargain against the tax payers who foot the bill in the first place, not to mention the mandatory union dues that are also paid by the tax payers that go into democratic coffers and union boss's pockets. It's nothing more than money laundering for the democrats. It's yet another tax payer rip off.

Guest 06-02-2011 06:58 PM

gov christie got SUCH BAD press over this helicopter/car incident that it has been reported that he "reversed course" and will pay for his private use of the police helicopter! nbc nightly news reported that he has already written the check to reimburse the taxpayers! rotflmao!

Guest 06-02-2011 08:48 PM

Union Dues Are Deducted

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 359247)
Public employee unions shouldn't have the right to collective bargain against the tax payers who foot the bill in the first place, not to mention the mandatory union dues that are also paid by the tax payers that go into democratic coffers and union boss's pockets. It's nothing more than money laundering for the democrats. It's yet another tax payer rip off.

from the workers salaries. Next time you need a cop, I hope you let the officer know how you feel about his right to negotiate his salary.