Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Golf cart speed (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/golf-cart-speed-73912/)

Rickg 03-31-2013 01:09 PM

Golf cart speed

After reading about speeding in TV's, I downloaded a app to my smart phone called "speedometer". It keeps your screen on and gives a large digital readout of your speed. I was amazed at what my top speed is.(which I won't post here!)

Buckeye 03-31-2013 01:11 PM

Come on, tell us.....we can keep a secret!

Rickg 03-31-2013 01:47 PM

Nope ;)

Buckeye 03-31-2013 02:35 PM

Sorry, just being truthful. My intentions were not to create problems.
Thanks for the good speedometer info.

GatorFan 03-31-2013 02:41 PM

Rickg.....you are correct...sorry

Topspinmo 03-31-2013 09:14 PM

Gee's just cause it goes more than 20 MPH don't mean you have to drive around with the pedal to the floor... My car will go 130 plus but I don't drive it with my foot to the floor... Now if I need to pass or speed up due to something going well under the posted speed limit if I decide I then push the pedal down and pass of course when it's safe to do so... Why are villagers so hung up on somebody elses golf cart speed. If they speed it's the police business not mine. Lighten up and be happy you are in paradise and still NOT WORKING and putting up the the BS!!!

Rickg 03-31-2013 10:18 PM

I didn't start this post to cause controversy, I thought some people may want to check their speed as I did.

aaffmom 03-31-2013 10:23 PM

I am removing my comment. Everyone just be happy and safe.

blue72 03-31-2013 10:30 PM

Thanks Rickg
Just got an app. Good advise.:BigApplause:

paulandjean 04-01-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rc Moser (Post 651855)
Gee's just cause it goes more than 20 MPH don't mean you have to drive around with the pedal to the floor... My car will go 130 plus but I don't drive it with my foot to the floor... Now if I need to pass or speed up due to something going well under the posted speed limit if I decide I then push the pedal down and pass of course when it's safe to do so... Why are villagers so hung up on somebody elses golf cart speed. If they speed it's the police business not mine. Lighten up and be happy you are in paradise and still NOT WORKING and putting up the the BS!!!

I am with you on this one.Never could understand,some people hung up with cart speed.It like they have this 19.9 mph secret club and how dare if anyone will go faster. And also that police will clock you for speeding when you are doing 21mph.Too funny.

scarecrow1 04-01-2013 08:07 AM

Slow down your retired. Don't
Have to be anywhere and if you do leave early enough to get there safely. Just saying.

junction29 04-01-2013 12:58 PM

They go a lot faster with these fitted!

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...battery-73950/

justjim 04-01-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarecrow1 (Post 651976)
Slow down your retired. Don't
Have to be anywhere and if you do leave early enough to get there safely. Just saying.

:crap2: What you say is correct---but what others say regarding golf cart speed is also correct. Just because my golf cart has the potential to go 25mph doesn't mean that Iam running around TV @ 25mph anymore than your car is traveling 90mph down state route 44 when it has the potential to go 120mph. While traveling 21 or 22mph around TV many golf carts pass me. I could care less! If I had to make an educated guess, I would guess at least 50% of the carts in TV have the potential to go faster than 20mph. By the way, FYI I use my GPS to check my speed. It's economical and very accurate. Happy Golf Cart Trails! :gc:

red tail 04-01-2013 02:39 PM

i have a lsv and always go 25 when i can. im always getting passed by golf carts. good news is i dont care! bad news is they can get a citation and i wont. :a20:

downeaster 04-01-2013 05:40 PM

It is time once again to remind us of what is and what isn't a golf cart.

20.01 Definitions, general.—As used in the Florida Statutes, except as otherwise provided, the term:
(1) “Motor vehicle” means:
(a) An automobile, motorcycle, truck, trailer, semitrailer, truck tractor and semitrailer combination, or any other vehicle operated on the roads of this state, used to transport persons or property, and propelled by power other than muscular power
(22) “Golf cart” means a motor vehicle that is designed and manufactured for operation on a golf course for sporting or recreational purposes and that is not capable of exceeding speeds of 20 miles per hour
(42) “Low-speed vehicle” means any four-wheeled vehicle whose top speed is greater than 20 miles per hour but not greater than 25 miles per hour, including, but not limited to, neighborhood electric vehicles. Low-speed vehicles must comply with the safety standards in 49 C.F.R. s. 571.500 and s. 316.2122.

There is no definition of a vehicle that is capable of speeds in excess of 25MPH.