Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Want to learn to use Talk of The Villages to fullest potential? +free vacation (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/want-learn-use-talk-villages-fullest-potential-free-vacation-8936/)

Talk Host 07-26-2007 06:25 AM

Want to learn to use Talk of The Villages to fullest potential? +free vacation

If you would like to know more about how to use The Talk of The Villages forum, here is your chance. Friday July 27th at 1 p.m. I will be at LaHacienda Rec Center for a presentation to the Villages Computer Club. I know you can come as a guest or interested observer. I will show you everthing that you would like to know about using this forum, including how to post pictures, send private messags, use the chat room, and so on. I will be telling you about the four very interesting partners who put it together, Darrel, Tony, LaMonster and me. The presentation should take about a half hour then I will answer questions. You may find that you even want to join the Computer club. In any event, I would love to see you there, and I would like to speak to your group as well.

Oh, I should mention that I am going to be giving away a vacation package to somebody at the gathering. 3 days and two nights at a Hotel in the location of you choice (Branson, Mo-Cancun, Mx-Gatlinburg, TN-Honolulu, Hi-Lake Tahoe, NV-Las Vegas-Mazatlan-Napa Valley-Palm Springs-Pocono Mountauns-Puerto Vallarta-Scottsdale or White Mountain, NH. No purchase necessary. Just be there.

Avista 07-26-2007 09:12 AM

Re: Want to learn to use Talk of The Villages to fullest potential? +free vacation

OH, No! We're having company Friday afternoon. I hate to miss this. We belong to the computer club!.. Will you be speaking anywhere else soo? Barb

Talk Host 07-26-2007 09:13 AM

Re: Want to learn to use Talk of The Villages to fullest potential? +free vacation

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avista
Will you be speaking anywhere else soo? Barb

I hope so. As soon as I am asked, I will post it here.

Beltlady 07-26-2007 09:50 AM

Hey, this is great. I do have some ?'s about the site. I have been telling other about it and I think it can be very helpful and also interesting. I have commented on a few subjects. Hope to see you tomorrow.

Talk Host 07-27-2007 09:31 AM

bump

Ruby 07-27-2007 05:42 PM

Jan, I had to leave right after your presentation. Did you select a winner of a vacation afterward - from the blue tickets??? I just registered today and posted that "I was there" at the meeting. Do I get a chance for the vacation????
Ruby

k555honda 07-27-2007 07:00 PM

:) I was there Jan...thanks again!!

Talk Host 07-27-2007 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruby
Jan, I had to leave right after your presentation. Did you select a winner of a vacation afterward - from the blue tickets??? I just registered today and posted that "I was there" at the meeting. Do I get a chance for the vacation????
Ruby

Yes, I will announce the winner on Monday. This is for those who were at the Computer Club meeting. I will do similar giveaways at other presentations, when I am asked to attend.

vadee2 07-27-2007 07:34 PM

I apparently created a profile in the recent past. Must have been a link on JBITS newsletter. However, I'd like to change my Username from VADEE2 to Nizlady. I also can't find the link you said was on every page to an administrator so I'm sending a message to you. vadee2@aol.com. Thanks. PS. good presentation today.[color=yellow]. I don't know what this "change color" is all about. Just clicking buttons. :joke:

Talk Host 07-27-2007 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vadee2
I apparently created a profile in the recent past. Must have been a link on JBITS newsletter. However, I'd like to change my Username from VADEE2 to Nizlady. I also can't find the link you said was on every page to an administrator so I'm sending a message to you. vadee2@aol.com. Thanks. PS. good presentation today.[color=yellow]. I don't know what this "change color" is all about. Just clicking buttons. :joke:

Just above the "quote" "modify bottons on the bottom right is "report to moderator." That's us.

Beltlady 07-27-2007 08:51 PM

I was at the Computer Club meeting and it was very informative. I really enjoy TOTV. I was linedancing all night down at the square so will do come more investigating tomorrow. :) Good night for now. :-*