Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Heavy Traffic (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/heavy-traffic-232365/)

golfing eagles 03-02-2017 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 1367424)
Comparison are always drawn to make people feel better about something

But, I don't live in NYC or Chicago, or Los Angles.....I live here and here the traffic problem grows worse every year and is exacerbated because the tri-counties continues to grow faster than the infrastructure needed.

Apparently the traffic/driving situation must have some truth to it based on the various, and often repeated, threads concerning round abouts, MMP's etc.

I think those problems are less related to volume, and more related to the high lousy driver to total driver ratio in TV:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

golf2140 03-02-2017 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1366945)
Looking @ the back trying to get thru the St.Charles gate, reminded me of the backups just before the BQE-

They should get a community watch person or a police officer to stop people from waving carts thru--Lt Siemer said its against the law.

You should contact Sumter County Sheriff's office, I'm sure if you ask they will assign a deputy to direct traffic !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandtrap328 03-02-2017 09:40 PM

A great number of Villagers are from N'Yawk and Beantown. And these are the folks complaining about an increase in traffic for a few months?

Compared to commuter traffic going in and out of Washington daily for 35 years, The Villages has NO traffic problem. :a040:

Fraugoofy 03-02-2017 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 1367424)
Comparison are always drawn to make people feel better about something

But, I don't live in NYC or Chicago, or Los Angles.....I live here and here the traffic problem grows worse every year and is exacerbated because the tri-counties continues to grow faster than the infrastructure needed.

Apparently the traffic/driving situation must have some truth to it based on the various, and often repeated, threads concerning round abouts, MMP's etc.

That or people just need something to complain about. Be happy people! You are still on the right side of the grass!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

thelegges 03-03-2017 04:36 AM

Other half is in MI with 60 degree one day then 19 and snow today. 7 mile commute yesterday took 43 minutes. Could have walked there faster. But it was:cold::cold:

rubicon 03-03-2017 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1367454)
Nope. Sorry. Still no real traffic problem in TV. :)

Very few places in TV is the transportation infrastructure even close to being inadequate.

Hi Polar bear:

Yesterday I made the calculating decision of taking Morse at about 11:30 AM rather than two other possible routes to a golf shop to get some clubs re-griped

Repeat what you said to the 12-15 golf carts waiting in traffic to make a left to get off of Morse. Repeat what you said to the line of traffic waiting to exit Morse that extended almost down to the stop light and once passed the stop light another long line of traffic.

Try crossing or turning at Bailey Trail or Olmstead at the entrance of Lake Sumter or Colony or moving to the left turning lane at either Morse or 466 to get onto rolling Acres............................................. .........

I am not complaining. it is what it is I just acknowledge it. I lived in large cities. I drove in large traffic and I was use to it but large traffic lost its appeal. That was one nice thing that drew me here. it was nice while it lasted.

Polar Bear 03-03-2017 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 1367575)
Hi Polar bear:

Yesterday I made the calculating decision of taking Morse at about 11:30 AM rather than two other possible routes to a golf shop to get some clubs re-griped

Repeat what you said to the 12-15 golf carts waiting in traffic to make a left to get off of Morse. Repeat what you said to the line of traffic waiting to exit Morse that extended almost down to the stop light and once passed the stop light another long line of traffic.

Try crossing or turning at Bailey Trail or Olmstead at the entrance of Lake Sumter or Colony or moving to the left turning lane at either Morse or 466 to get onto rolling Acres...

Consider it repeated. Been there. Done that. (By the way...Hi, rubicon. :) )

I know there are occasional and localized PITA traffic situations out there. I drive rhem all as much as anybody. And I know it's a very subjective topic. But TV transportation issues are minor and seasonal, and I have little doubt the infrastructure will grow and improve as needed.

justjim 03-08-2017 09:17 AM

I don't see where letting a couple of golf carts thru hurts anything. You have to wait anyway for the two cars in front of you to get thru the gate. Sometimes I wonder........

perrjojo 03-08-2017 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr (Post 1367136)
Heavy traffic? Huge backup? Have you people ever driven in any of our cities, or worse yet, cities in foreign countries? We are spoiled here in The Villages. Traffic goes from almost non existent to moderately light.

Boy do I agree. I was raised in the DFW Metroplex with over 7,000,000 people and before moving here I lived in the Atlanta metro area with over 5,000,000 people. I guess heavy traffic is a matter of perception. I love TV and btw, it's not that hot here either. :jester:

Marathon Man 03-08-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perrjojo (Post 1369944)
Boy do I agree. I was raised in the DFW Metroplex with over 7,000,000 people and before moving here I lived in the Atlanta metro area with over 5,000,000 people. I guess heavy traffic is a matter of perception. I love TV and btw, it's not that hot here either. :jester:

Yep. A matter of perception. I don't think the traffic here is all that bad either. Yes, a bit rough in the winter months, but a small price to pay. Plus, a little out-of-your-way navigating can help a lot. I'll take it over Atlanta any day - year round jams.

Two Bills 03-08-2017 01:52 PM

Look at it this way. Without the snowbird season, most restraunts and many shops would not survive the quite season.
So be happy, and thank the next snowbird you see for the great life and choice you have for the rest of the year! :p

Chatbrat 03-08-2017 04:56 PM

Lt. Siemmer said," Letting golf carts through is against the law"-you can be ticket for hindering traffic flow and you are not a traffic control officer"

photo1902 03-08-2017 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1370131)
Lt. Siemmer said," Letting golf carts through is against the law"-you can be ticket for hindering traffic flow and you are not a traffic control officer"

So is speeding, rolling through stop signs, not using turn signals, etc. On the list of heinous violations, letting a cart cross is certainly not on the top of the list, especially since cars are normally stopped for cars in front of them anyways.

Polar Bear 03-08-2017 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photo1902 (Post 1370143)
So is speeding, rolling through stop signs, not using turn signals, etc...

You're right, they're all illegal...just like stopping to let golf carts cross when they don't have the right-of-way.

golfing eagles 03-08-2017 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1370255)
You're right, they're all illegal...just like stopping to let golf carts cross when they don't have the right-of-way.

I wonder if anyone ever considered moving the exit gates back 50 feet, so the carts cross beyond BOTH the entry and exit gates. This would accomplish one of the goals of the gates, to allow cart traffic to cross more easily and safely, and eliminate the desire to wave carts across.