Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Sam's Club (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/sams-club-147138/)

simpkinp 03-27-2015 10:08 PM

I agree. I had a membership in Costco back in California and loved it. Had two sons, aka eating machines, home at the time. Then moved to Meritt Island FL and they had a BJ's. Had only one eating machine left in the house but it was still worth it. Now in TV I have a SAMs membership and find many great prices on products and appliances, TVs etc. good quality meats. Still worth it for only me and BF.

asianthree 03-28-2015 04:06 AM

Up north we have take away dinners with BBQ. We love the fish. And I hate sample day, sams is feeding starving people that have not eaten in days

chuckinca 03-28-2015 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA (Post 1028387)
Don't go to Sams Club... it is too crowded and the fewer that go the better.

:agree::agree:

Avista 03-28-2015 01:01 PM

My son-in-law is a pharmacist at Sam's. He insists if one is paying cash they absolutely have the best prices. He encourages people to call and get a quote.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 03-28-2015 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA (Post 1028387)
Don't go to Sams Club... it is too crowded and the fewer that go the better.

I think that a lot of people stay away because it's always so crowded.

simpkinp 03-28-2015 08:11 PM

When I need my coffe, Columbian Supremo K Cups, I definitely go. Good coffee, good price. While there, I buy wine, meats, paper products, their holiday ham is as good as Honey Baked. When I have a big part, you bet I'm there. The quantities are large, so if you split with friends you can all save money. Just have patience. It gets better soon

Allegiance 03-28-2015 10:50 PM

http://www.quotehd.com/imagequotes/a...oo-crowded.jpg

Bonanza 03-29-2015 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr (Post 1036410)
I think that a lot of people stay away because it's always so crowded.

Villlagers are used to crowds.

The only thing worse than Sam's is our squares,
especially when pet owners bring their dogs that they think everyone wants to see.

:cus:

asianthree 03-29-2015 01:57 AM

It's not like you go shopping to SAMs every week. SAMs has a crowd wherever we go. Up north I have 5 SAMs within 40 minutes of our house, and they are ALL busy. I do have a business membership so we can get in early, and avoid the feeding frenzy of sample day

OBXNana 03-30-2015 02:50 AM

For one person it might be difficult to consume 4 pounds of strawberries before they spoil. For 2 people and visiting grand kids Sam's Club and Costco is great for vegetables when you live in the north and can't get farm grown items in the winter. I buy 5 pound bags of onions that we easily use before they go bad. I know a few people that shop together, split the cost, and then divide the items between them equally.

We get our prescription glasses and sun glasses at the warehouse clubs. Tires and the huge swing sets that you may not purchase often, are a bargain. If you take prescription drugs, you can get them filled at Costco without a membership. I just bought a huge bag of potting soil to refresh my pots for outside.

As someone mentioned in another post, the Sam's Club Master Card has a great rewards program. Combine the 5% back on gas, with the 10 cents per gallon cheaper gas than other gas stations, the membership of $45.00 begins to pay for itself.

Bonanza 03-31-2015 02:38 AM

Does the OP recognize that some people have a complaint about nearly everything???

Walter123 03-31-2015 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonanza (Post 1036482)
Villlagers are used to crowds.

The only thing worse than Sam's is our squares,
especially when pet owners bring their dogs that they think everyone wants to see.

:cus:

Brilliant.

jbdlfan 03-31-2015 09:14 AM

Restaurant gift card are sold at discounts as well as Disney cards. We are paying for a family cruise with the gift cards and saving well over $300. You can buy a Longhorn card for a discount then go across the street for dinner. No brainer. Not to mention, best hot dog deal around.

OBXNana 03-31-2015 02:27 PM

Just went to Sam's Club this morning. Purchased Disney cards at a discount, 3 huge gorgeous pots for 19.99, 36 eggs to color and dye with the grandkids, a new faucet for our powder room, bulbs to plant if it ever get warm, and a 10 pond bag of onions.

There is something for everyone at a good price.

BobandMary 03-31-2015 09:07 PM

We could live there