Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   A Thank-You To My Snowbird Friends (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/thank-you-my-snowbird-friends-324611/)

graciegirl 09-30-2021 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMintzer (Post 2010861)
So all of the recent "people leaving their trash everywhere" threads were just early Snowbirds and renters, arriving in September?

I think you just wait to pounce on me.

I am not that girl. I don't care for any more. I'm good. Thank you for your interest and your misconceptions. Go back and read it again.

And quit being a nudge.

coffeebean 09-30-2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 2010814)
I doubt many dislike the people who come to live in their homes during the high season, just the crowdedness, the lines, the stuff that happens when you add a lot of people to any place. It is all over Florida.

It is nice to have not as much traffic, not so many people at the restaurants and grocery stores etc.

The only snowbirds who I am not a fan of are people who do not "own" here and who come to rent seasonally and some of them don't much care whether they toss trash out or other little things that people do when they have no vested financial interest or personal connection to a place. Certainly not all or even a majority. Just a few I would like to bop with a rolled up paper.

Agree with you Gracie. You are a very wise woman.

coffeebean 09-30-2021 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 2010957)

I am not that girl. I don't care for any more. I'm good. Thank you for your interest and your misconceptions. Go back and read it again.

And quit being a nudge.

That comment just made me smile.

golfing eagles 09-30-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laker14 (Post 2010882)
Yeah, except....some snowbirds have been snowbirding for years and years. I think they are pretty familiar with the way the roundabouts work. You may be confusing snowbirds with newbies, or visitors.

Not at all----I simply disagreed with the comment that seasonal residents are BETTER drivers.

Two Bills 09-30-2021 01:17 PM

I would just like to add, that in the 20 years my wife and I have rented during the winter season, we cannot recall seeing anyone throw coffee cups, litter, or wives from golf carts, rented or not.

Read a lot about full timers being drunk, crashing cars and carts, and knocking their wives /husbands about though, and that is all year round.

Some would seem to give the impression that becoming a full time villager gives mystical and superior powers over any from outside the bubble.

Funny old world!

graciegirl 09-30-2021 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 2010952)
That's not being "a nice lady." That's being passive-aggressive. You see something that's not only illegal, but personally offensive, and instead of saying something, you give them permission to continue doing it (with your silence) and then come here and complain about it.

That's passive-aggression. Not "nice."

No love. It is geographic.

We were taught to not say anything. Other groups have to tell people off. Where you're from you are right. Where I'm from, I am right.

Biggest Differences Between the Midwest and the East Coast

graciegirl 09-30-2021 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 2010995)
I would just like to add, that in the 20 years my wife and I have rented during the winter season, we cannot recall seeing anyone throw coffee cups, litter, or wives from golf carts, rented or not.

Read a lot about full timers being drunk, crashing cars and carts, and knocking their wives /husbands about though, and that is all year round.

Some would seem to give the impression that becoming a full time villager gives mystical and superior powers over any from outside the bubble.

Funny old world!

Y'all should know by now that we Yankees love you Brits. If you want to throw your Tea Bag or your scoundrel son in law out of the cart, go right ahead. ;) I don't drink alcohol any more because I was never any good at it and I haven't knocked anyone about ever, but I do mumble to my self a lot.

JMintzer 09-30-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 2010957)

And quit being a nudge.

No misconceptions at all...

I'll stop being a nudge when you stop being a... Nah, I already have a target on my back. No reason to make it easy for them...

Dennys37Packard 09-30-2021 11:12 PM

Been here 7 years and look forward to snowbirds each season. Most of us were snowbirds at one time be it here or somewhere else first. Yes, things get more crowded and a few more gates get knocked down, and some one will eventually drive straight a roundabout... but let them enjoy their time here, come May all will be back to normal.

JimmyO3 10-01-2021 03:41 PM

Would she rather they were here year round “taxing the TV resources? Makes no sense.