Address numbers on house

Old 05-03-2024, 07:09 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,715 Times in 459 Posts
Default Address numbers on house

I’ve noticed that in Moultrie Creek, the developer has gone back to using metallic decal stickers in some of the windows of the new homes to denote the home’s address. Is this a cost-saving measure, or is there some other reason I’m unaware of?
Old 05-03-2024, 07:23 AM

Here's my guess. If a bad storm comes through and high winds blow away your custom with your house number, dog's name etc., the numbers in the window will remain for emergency services.
Old 05-03-2024, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,811 Times in 5,294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanAndrews View Post
Here's my guess. If a bad storm comes through and high winds blow away your custom with your house number, dog's name etc., the numbers in the window will remain for emergency services.
I think the OP is referring to the house numbers installed by the builder, not the custom signs installed by the homeowner. My house number is attached to the concrete wall above the garage door.
Old 05-03-2024, 08:12 AM

Mine is nailed to the facia above the garage door. Could a cost saving or maybe they could not get enough to be consistent in a neighborhood, so they just did that...
Old 05-03-2024, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,784 Times in 1,387 Posts

Probably a construction/contractor delivery/work ID!?
Not intended to be the finished house address location/quality.
Old 05-03-2024, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,693 Times in 603 Posts

cost saving is the answer
Old 05-03-2024, 08:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
cost saving is the answer
Yep!!!! Much cheaper for stickers than the letters that go above your garage door. I swear every year the builder is getting cheaper and cheaper on what they provide. If you look at the pictures of homes online unless it's a custom home most bathrooms don't have a shower doors, and some don't even have curtain rods. They don't even put screens on the lanai's anymore.
Old 05-03-2024, 08:43 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,072 Times in 548 Posts
Default Is There Any Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
Yep!!!! Much cheaper for stickers than the letters that go above your garage door. I swear every year the builder is getting cheaper and cheaper on what they provide. If you look at the pictures of homes online unless it's a custom home most bathrooms don't have a shower doors, and some don't even have curtain rods. They don't even put screens on the lanai's anymore.
Is there any choice in this return to normal buyer’s market? Upgrades, surfaces, fixtures…everything needs to be accounted for just so the bean counters can be happy.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 05-03-2024, 08:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,627 Times in 597 Posts

House (PV)in 2007 Caroline & (PV)2010 Pennacamp both the reflective numbers in the front window. Post sign had names no address.

2012 cottage Fernandina same reflective numbers front window. No post sign.

2009 Designer Duval same reflective number front window.

We hated the tacky numbers in front windows asking number of residents, and sales staff if we could remove them and put numbers on garage face of houses. No don’t remove, but no reason given.

Finally in 2014 at LSL market night Fire and Sumter sheriff department had a booth. Asked why numbers shouldn’t be removed. Answer: they are reflective so we can find houses easier in the dark. Although there isn’t a rule not to remove….Please leave them up, it easier for us to find you.

So new build in 2022 no reflective numbers in front window only numbers over garage. They are metal, not reflective.

So what changed. Why go back to reflective numbers.

My guess is the Fire/Leo department will have the correct answer.

Last edited by thelegges; 05-03-2024 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-03-2024, 08:52 AM

It is that way because of Public Safety. The reflective numbers on the front window are there to save your life... VPSD and local LEO use these to find you in the dark..
Old 05-03-2024, 09:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
It is that way because of Public Safety. The reflective numbers on the front window are there to save your life... VPSD and local LEO use these to find you in the dark..
Then, I guess they don’t care about finding anyone in my neighborhood. I’ve never seen these reflective numbers anywhere. Mine are on my house by the garage door and I don’t have one hanging on my lamp post by choice ( wind has blown it off too many times)
Old 05-03-2024, 10:00 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,715 Times in 459 Posts

You won’t find any of the decal stickers on the homes in Richmond, or many other of the villages built between 2020-2023 - Moultire Creek is mostly decal stickers, but a few patio villas have the numbers above the garage.
Old 05-03-2024, 10:33 AM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Our house was built in 1997. They did not put-up curtain rods, shower doors, lanai screens, or permanent addresses. I guess they were unable to predict people's taste back then.
Old 05-03-2024, 10:35 AM

Quote:
So we just closed 3 months ago where abouts are these screenless homes I can't see any or are you just making it up ????
Old 05-03-2024, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,327 Times in 4,329 Posts

Quote:
They were using the stickers LONG before the even began building homes in the South...

We're North of 44 and every village around us has stickers.

My wife hated them, so we removed them and replaced them with screw in black aluminum numbers we bought as ACE. We put them vertically on the column at the entrance to the house. Very easily seen from the street.

-Tom Petty

Tags
address, measure, cost-saving, reason, i’m

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.