Bad experience with Massey service and (double billing)

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2015, 08:03 AM
Veteran member
Default Bad experience with Massey service and (double billing)

We have two homes in TV. One we live in the other we rent. We signed what we thought was a one year contract with Massey in Dec 2014 and paid for pest service and lawn service up front (over $1000). The sales person never mentioned that the contract was a two year contract instead of one. We were not at all pleased with either service during the year. We had weeds they could not get rid of and palm rats in our back yard. We complained several times to no avail. During the year Massey sent us monthly invoices for the services. We called the toll free line and told them we paid all up front. In Dec 2014 we were told that our one year contract we paid up front for expired in Dec. We signed a contract with another company. Massey treated our lawn and sprayed for pest again in Dec and sent us a bill for the service. Now they are saying the one year contract was a two year contract although the sales person never mentioned this. We spoke with a supervisor and a manager in Wildwood yesterday and were told " we cannot get rid of rats in your yard all we do is fill the bait stations". We were told that "we do not write the contracts" we just enforce them. Terrible service and the fact that even though we paid them over $1000 for a year of service for two houses we continue to receive monthly statements. They are hoping we would paid twice I guess.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I think both Massey and Dean are fine companies for pest control. Can't speak for lawn care.. You should have no trouble cancelling from either and if they continue to send bills just ignore them. I don't know of any pest service who get rid of palm rats. You will have palm rats as long as you have SEVEN palm trees. Massey and Dean are BUG people.

Good Morning.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:30 AM
Veteran member

At this point it's not the contract that I am refuting. It is the $132 bill that they sent me for Dec service when they told my wife several times that our contract expired in Dec. We should not owe them anything but the supervisor in Wildwood says he is "enforcing the contract" that his sales person told us ran through Dec. I worked for a company for 35 years in sales as a Director level and if I spoke to customers the way he does I would not have had very many customers.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:15 AM
Gold member

Sorry to hear about your problems with Massey. We have used Massey for at least 2 or more years. Isn't there some type of office...can't recall the exact name.....but something like Seniors vs Crime that you could take your contract to and tell them what all happened and they could help sort things out for you?
Old 01-27-2015, 01:36 PM
Sage
Smile

So if it is a 2 year contract does that mean that the $1000 paid for two years of service? We switched from Massey (give them a 30 day notice) to Fertigator for everything and have been really happy.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:33 PM

Massey is over priced
Old 01-27-2015, 08:12 PM
Veteran member

Isolated incident. Never a problem with billing, bugs or weeds.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I wouldn't ignore the $132 bill, though. You have to get to the bottom of it somehow so they don't turn you in to a bill collector, which could have a negative impact on your credit rating.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:18 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

Contact Seniors Vs Crime for assistance. They have three offices in The Villages (Marion County sheriffs Office, Sumter County Sheriffs Office, and the Wildwood Police Station). Take a copy of your bill and your contract and let them assist you. There is no charge for their services.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.