Honest auto repair...thank you totv!

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2016, 01:05 PM

I am sorry about the misunderstanding we had the other day when you were in our shop. We never said the timing chain needed replacement, rather the timing chain cover was leaking. The water pump replacement at the same time due to location, as it may come off at the same time. If not needed at the time of repair we would not have done it, and we would have taken it off your bill. Seeing the number of miles on it, and if you are the first owner, I would suggest taking it to the dealer for checking of leak, possibly under warranty as a part of your drive train warranty. These leaks are very common place on your engines.

Your tires, in the front have 2/32 wear remaining. This meets minimum safe tread depth, and even driving 1 mile a day in heavy rain it would be unsafe, and your left rear tire was weather cracked pretty well. The recommendation was for all 4 tires as it is never recommended replacing just 1 or 3.

Once again I am sorry for any misunderstanding we had.

Hope you have a blessed day.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Ok, I got to ask? How did the wrong oil get into the engine?

It would have to be some really really thick oil to have an engine make noise in Florida weather. Makes no sense.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:42 PM

It is actually very easy. If the viscosity is not checked at the time of putting the oil in, with the tight tolerances in today's engines, a 5w30 oil going into a vehicle that is supposed to be a 5w20 or 0w20 oil can cause major damages. That is why we check manufacture oil recommendations for every vehicle.
Closed Thread

Tags
service, needed, auto, timing, totv, work, chain, repair, told, michaels, car, customer, ave, villa, hyundai, fruitland, 365-2955, fla, park, called, guess, listed, future, agree, life

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.