New Airport shuttle company?

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2016, 07:16 AM

Do they go to TAmpa International Airport??
Old 08-12-2016, 08:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad-tv View Post
Do they go to TAmpa International Airport??

No, just Orlando and Sanford, according to their website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2016, 09:55 AM
Platinum member

My husband has used them several times. He usually has to call them. All has been OK.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:51 AM

Used them yesterday without an issue. Had them pick me, and another, up at orlando airport and took me home. Paid $75 for the two of us...private van...no stops. Well worth it...driver was courteous and I have nothing negative I could say.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
According to the web site, they operate for flights between 7 AM and 10 PM. My question is, does anyone have experience with incoming flights that are delayed outside these hours? For example, we came back yesterday on a flight that was supposed to arrive at 9:45, but was delayed and did not arrive until 12:45. What happens then? Having experienced flights that have been delayed even longer than this and ultimately arrived after 10 PM I would need assurances that someone would be there when I arrived.

I use the Village airport shuttle ( yellow stripe on the vans) , and if a flight is delayed, they know about it.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:57 AM

Is there any shuttle service that goes to Tampa??
Old 08-13-2016, 11:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad-tv View Post
Is there any shuttle service that goes to Tampa??

Here are 2 links that may help:

The Villages Tampa TPA Airport Shuttle, Car Service, Limo, Taxi, Transportation - 32162

Airport Car Service | Airport Transportation | Ocala, FL

Hope they help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2016, 02:52 PM

We recently booked with Signature Coach, and here is a very important fact to know. If you are traveling on an international flight, you should make SURE you let them know when you are making the reservation - reason - they, unlike The Village Shuttle do not have a specified pickup and delivery schedule. They operate on the basis of using your flight time to determine what shuttle you should be booked on. This is much like the other shuttle service. Those of us who fly internationally have requirement times in advance of the routine flight schedule time and cannot be limited to being appointed a time by Signature Shuttle.

I had a hair wrenching experience on the phone with one of the customer service reps. Thank goodness their call to us was a day in advance to let us know that they were booking us on a shuttle that would not allow us to arrive during the time period required by the international airline. The customer service rep was quite abrasive when I suggested that it might be a good idea to put a disclaimer or something in their online information to make known that the rider must indicate they are flying internationally. Unfortunately, there is no space or box to indicate such information and I thought it was a good suggestion on my part.

Our case was a confirmation from them that we would be picked up at 2pm for a 6:55pm flight, when in fact, their follow up call to us (the day before) changed the pickup time from 2pm to 3:30. What if we were not home to receive the call and make other necessary arrangements?

I cannot tell you how abrasive the conversation was by my simply trying to explain our dilemma. Long story short, we were told that the rep would need to contact the dispatcher (driver) to see if our requirement could be met, and that under such circumstances, it is customary to hire their coach as a private coach. (really?) Why would they send us a confirmation with a pickup time different from what they later scheduled? They need to train their customer service people to be a bit more professional in handling such matters.

Please be careful when booking transport for international flights is my message to anyone this might apply.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:28 AM
Default Signature Coach

Signature Coach tracks their customers flights and will be there to pick you up and take you home. They will call your cell and let you know they are following your flight and will be there to pick you up.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post
I thought it was a private trip but their website doesn't say anything about a $35 fare. I'm at a disadvantage because I'm in Michigan and don't have a Dailly Sun to look at. I'll look up their ad when I'm in TV next week! Can't wait -- except for the long drive!

Just checked, it gives the price of a $37 fare if you are making a reservation. I just sent them a question asiking if three people can book a private van.
Three people can certainly book a private van.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:39 AM

My wife and I recently had a excellent shuttle service experience with Signature Coach. A huge shout for our driver named "Meris." The best service we have had in the 13 years we have been here in The Villages. We have been on all of the shuttle services here in The Villages, and Signature Coach has our vote for being #1. We will be using them again over the Christmas holidays. They are very professional.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:56 PM

The first I saw of Signature was a month ago or so when they were involved in an accident in The Villages. Then in the last couple days one of their drivers was arrested for OWI after dropping off people in The Villages. I decided to stick with The Villages transportation until there's more info on them. The 3rd company delivers to your home so you can end up waiting many drop offs on your way home. They drop it ft in nearby towns too.
Old 10-01-2016, 07:25 PM

We used them in July, $75 for two each way to MCO. Private van for two and picked up at our house. Great service.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:19 AM

Just used them VERY GOOD
Old 10-03-2016, 07:18 AM
Veteran member

I see a name change for Signature van service in the near future
Closed Thread

Tags
airport, home, shuttle, villages, van

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.