New Airport shuttle company?

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2016, 08:10 PM
Default Welcome the new service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Addict View Post
We used The Villages Shuttle 5 times round trip from Feb-April. We had a number of problems. True they are a new service, but their scheduling is not on time. I would suggest "The Village Airport Van". We will be switching back to using them in the future. We tried the new service due to their introductory rate but it wasn't worth the discount.
I stopped using The Village Airport Van after trying to open the sliding door for a customer while the driver put away the luggage. The latch was disconnected. I told the driver and he said " I know. We don't want passengers opening the door." I asked what happens if the van turns over in an accident or catches on fire. He said "I don't know. I just drive the van."

I am happy to see a new alternative for door to door service.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
I stopped using The Village Airport Van after trying to open the sliding door for a customer while the driver put away the luggage. The latch was disconnected. I told the driver and he said " I know. We don't want passengers opening the door." I asked what happens if the van turns over in an accident or catches on fire. He said "I don't know. I just drive the van."

I am happy to see a new alternative for door to door service.
I would think if the management was notified, along with the local newspaper, and maybe the regulatory agency in Florida, this would be fixed. Seems very unsafe, if not illegal to me.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:02 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Question What's in a name. . .or not?

This does get confusing. I am not sure if I am right about how to know the difference.......but I think maybe.......

(A) The company that takes Villagers to and fro the station at Lake Sumter is the one that gets to use the letter s on the end of the word Villages.

(B) The ones that do not have the letter s at the end of the name are others -- who did not buy a consonant.

Somebody, please tell me if that's the code for those companies that use Village(s) in the name. We have used the LSL one and it worked out fine. But I like knowing about the others, too, and I am not sure sometimes which one people are talking about.

Thanks.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 06-06-2016 at 08:21 AM.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:05 PM
Gold member

According to the web site, they operate for flights between 7 AM and 10 PM. My question is, does anyone have experience with incoming flights that are delayed outside these hours? For example, we came back yesterday on a flight that was supposed to arrive at 9:45, but was delayed and did not arrive until 12:45. What happens then? Having experienced flights that have been delayed even longer than this and ultimately arrived after 10 PM I would need assurances that someone would be there when I arrived.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:54 AM

We travelled with them to airport in May.
Excellent service. on time, husband & I the only passengers we were at the airport in just over an hour.
Definitely use them again & I believe at present they are offering $30 one way until the end of the year, even to Sanford! *********
Old 06-15-2016, 09:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
According to the web site, they operate for flights between 7 AM and 10 PM. My question is, does anyone have experience with incoming flights that are delayed outside these hours? For example, we came back yesterday on a flight that was supposed to arrive at 9:45, but was delayed and did not arrive until 12:45. What happens then? Having experienced flights that have been delayed even longer than this and ultimately arrived after 10 PM I would need assurances that someone would be there when I arrived.

Villages Airport Shuttle tracks flights and will have a van waiting when you arrive. If, by chance, they are not there, they have a 24/7 number you can call and a shuttle will be dispatched for you.

So far, when my flights have been late, they've been waiting when I arrived. Villages Airport Shuttle is also less expensive than The Villages Transportation service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2016, 12:11 PM

Yes, we used them coming home the first part of June. There was only one other person and they had a special of $30.00 per person. Driver was very friendly and it was a comfortable ride.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:17 AM
Default Not TV Shuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiamp1 View Post
I used this shuttle in March to travel to OIA. It was a very pleasant trip especially since my driver was Patty. I happened to be the only one that day although she was bringing someone back to TV. I asked her about "seeing central FL" also as I had the same experience with another company and she said that would not happen as they would not go far from TV like others. It was a good experience and I would them again!

That company is NOT the Villages Shuttle and has nothing to do with TV. I was lead to believe this also, they are out of Ocala I believe. I think it's very misleading that they call themselves Villages Shuttle.

I have noticed in recent months many companies coming into our area trying to get new businesses started, I am on the fence about it.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:46 PM
Default Confusion of Airport transportation

Quote:
Originally Posted by daca55 View Post
The Village Van shuttle started off that way that is only providing service to the Villages but because at times the vans were near empty they opened it up to outside the Villages. In March I got a free tour of central FL because we went to Leesburg and the passenger couldn't remember which trailer park she lived in. All this while 8 other Village passengers waited to get dropped off. The driver seemed to only care about her getting dropped off and to hell with the rest of us. I will never use them again. If it is a Village Van then that's what it should be.
I hope people post about this new Signature van company and let us know their experience. If it is the same price and goes only to the Villages they will be successful.

There is too much confusion between all the airport transportation companies. What I have come to realize it that The Villages Transportation are the white Shuttles and motorcoaches with the dark green letters that say The Villages so I would assume this is the local company.

Personally I get worried and a little anxious about companies outside TV so for me it's not always about the price but the security.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midorisour View Post
There is too much confusion between all the airport transportation companies. What I have come to realize it that The Villages Transportation are the white Shuttles and motorcoaches with the dark green letters that say The Villages so I would assume this is the local company.

Personally I get worried and a little anxious about companies outside TV so for me it's not always about the price but the security.
I agree, cheap not always the best choice?

I use Elite transportation, door to airport service to either airport, but especially to Stanford. In two years I used Elite never had problem.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:57 AM
Veteran member

I have used Signature Coach twice now and they are great. They are a fairly new company. New vans, friendly drivers and not too many other passengers. They have a $30 special right now for Orlando, but don't know how long that will last. Regular price is $37. Highly recommend.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:39 PM
Veteran member

I used Signature Coach last week to go to Orlando. The pickup was for 6:30 am and the nice, clean, mini bus arrived at 6:25 am. Driver was very friendly and we arrived at the airport without incident in a very timely manner. I would definitely use them again.

Current special is $30 to Orlando or Sanford. I believe that special runs until the first of the year.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
I have used Signature Coach twice now and they are great. They are a fairly new company. New vans, friendly drivers and not too many other passengers. They have a $30 special right now for Orlando, but don't know how long that will last. Regular price is $37. Highly recommend.
Does Signature Coach have a website? I couldn't find much on them as far as information, schedules, rates, and contact information? I would like to try them after the last couple of trips with the Village Airport Van turned out to be not good experiences.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow View Post
Does Signature Coach have a website? I couldn't find much on them as far as information, schedules, rates, and contact information? I would like to try them after the last couple of trips with the Village Airport Van turned out to be not good experiences.
Website

Contact Us
Old 08-12-2016, 06:22 AM
Platinum member

I have used them once and it was a very good experience that I will repeat. They had nice, clean, new vans, friendly drivers, and were right on time. The $30 special, per person, each way, to either Orlando airport, runs through the end of 2016.

Tags
airport, home, shuttle, villages, van

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.