Dr. Kraucak...experiences...positive/negative

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2014, 02:21 PM
Sage
Default Dr. Kraucak...experiences...positive/negative

I'm currently looking for a "functional" or alternative medicine doctor. I have a friend whose seeing Dr. Kraucak and really likes him. I know I've seen threads on here re: him but I couldn't find them in the "archives". I would love to hear what folks say about him.

Also, there is a doctor by the name of Dr. John Podlaski (Lange Eye Bldg) as well. Anyone have any experiences with him? Again I'm weighing my options. Thank you ahead of time
Old 11-24-2014, 03:51 PM

Copy the following into Google (or your favorite search engine) to find past threads from this site on Dr. Kaucak.

site:talkofthevillages.com dr kraucak
Old 11-25-2014, 11:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I'm currently looking for a "functional" or alternative medicine doctor. I have a friend whose seeing Dr. Kraucak and really likes him. I know I've seen threads on here re: him but I couldn't find them in the "archives". I would love to hear what folks say about him.

Also, there is a doctor by the name of Dr. John Podlaski (Lange Eye Bldg) as well. Anyone have any experiences with him? Again I'm weighing my options. Thank you ahead of time
Things may have changed since the last thread and those who gave opinions may have changed their minds.

I went to one of Dr Kraucak's lectures and he is a big believer in solving health issues with vitamins and possibly herbs too. If someone has a proven vitamin deficiency and can't get that vitamin from food, for whatever reason, then it will likely be helpful. But an over reliance on vitamins in general is simply not the best way to go.

For example, eating foods that contain vitamin C is much better than taking a vitamin C tablet, even though the tablet may contain as much as 10 times more vitamin C. It's not a case of more is better, it's about how your system will react better to a whole food versus a tablet containing an extract. To be more specific, the antioxidant power is greater coming from a whole food.

And since he said he sells his own brand of vitamins in his office, it's likely there will be a big reliance on them. (He doesn't sell fresh whole fruits and vegetables.)

The bottom line: There's no shortcut to achieving good health; there's no substitute for living a healthy lifestyle.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:20 AM
Sage

I've made my decision re: Dr. Krausak...won't be going to him. That said however has anyone had any experience with Dr. Podlaski??

Villages Pl....I totally understand where you're coming from and I agree. But there is a purpose in doctors who address inflammations of the body and more. Just looking for those possibilities! I might add...I go to the Farmer's Market to buy organically but I also use supplements as well since our foods have diminished in their properties due to farming practices etc.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
That said however has anyone had any experience with Dr. Podlaski??
I've heard Dr. Podlaski speak at a Wellness Meeting at a Rec Center in The Villages.
A question I would always ask of alternative medicine doctors is whether they have a brand of products they promote and offer for sale.
I would be interested to hear about the doctor you choose and whether you're pleased.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:21 PM
Sage

Search the following: Being overweight causes hazardous inflammations
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.