Green fees

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2016, 09:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
That is the question. It amazas me how many move here and then complain about one thing or another and are surprised at prices, "governing" (benevolent dictatorship), and how things are so different here from where they lived before. I would like to think people do their due diligence before moving but I'm learning that many are doing less than enough and then want to blame any and ever one except themselves for not knowing.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Golf here in TV, compared to outside The Bubble, basically boils down to... "whatever the market will bear."

The convenience of driving your golf cart from your driveway to a dozen 'championship' courses, is a big advantage over those off-campus.

In addition, most of the courses here are relatively easy (from the same tees)...compared to courses away from TV.

So the combination of convenience and the chance to score well, gives TV the edge they need to justify the higher greens fees.

When you throw in the fact that you pretty much need to be a priority member to play in a group, or to get the courses/times you want during snowbird season...says that TV knows its market and can get away with higher prices for mostly ho-hum courses.
Only one thing not accurate about your comments: I can drive my car to a dozen courses out of the bubble faster than I can drive my golf cart to 4 or 5 courses in the bubble, ie, my house to Bell Glade is about 45 minutes.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Why is it that so many of you seem to find that the truth hurts. Dissenting comments often come from folks who understand that even utopia is not perfect.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by alancusa View Post
Why is it that so many of you seem to find that the truth hurts. Dissenting comments often come from folks who understand that even utopia is not perfect.
No-one is saying The Villages is perfect. I was agreeing with JoMar's post that questioned why people feel surprised at the "truth" if they've done due diligence before moving to The Villages.

Originally Posted by JoMar
That is the question. It amazes me how many move here and then complain about one thing or another and are surprised at prices, "governing" (benevolent dictatorship), and how things are so different here from where they lived before. I would like to think people do their due diligence before moving but I'm learning that many are doing less than enough and then want to blame any and ever one except themselves for not knowing.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:25 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
I have been hearing a lot of complaining about the green fees here in the Villages. A friend just recently moved here was astounded that it would cost him and his wife $80 to play HH.
Warren: You have to know by now that many residents here simply cannot abide anything that does not fit their worldview or in this case The villages view. And you should know that they will call you a constant complainer and as such if you don't like it then you should leave.

But the truth is many residents do play golf outside the bubble during prime season because of the fee increases and that they are finding good courses outside the bubble that include in their fees a golf cart and a meal.

I don't refer back to what it cost me back north to play because that is not the market. The market is here in this general vicinity
However in the final analysis I really don't care how other people spend their money

The Villages has a captive market and hence will never be lacking for golfers ergo it influences their pricing
Old 11-06-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alancusa View Post
Here's an example. Just played at Royal Oaks in Ocala, 30 minute drive door to door. Green fees $29 including Cart. Course in pristine condition compared to most Villages layouts. Scenic layout with character as opposed to flat and baron. Clubhouse is new, spacious and spotless, the food was very good and prices considerably more reasonable than CC Restaurants in TV. There are others but no current comment as I haven't played most of them recently.
I guess it's all what YOU enjoy. I too have golfed there and its 60-70 miles round trip. The price is based on specials given with very limited tee times since MEMBERS have the best tee times. I did not have to load my clubs with others in a car /unload to a cart only to repeat the process going home. I felt the course was very dry and much like a farm area with hills and trees, food sub par compared to here. Today I left my garage with my bag attached, paid only $28.00 , got there in 15 minutes, had a great lunch and back home in 15 minutes , bag attached and may have used a whole gallon of gas or less and travel time much less and car in garage.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynsol View Post
...Today I left my garage with my bag attached, paid only $28.00 , got there in 15 minutes, had a great lunch and back home in 15 minutes , bag attached and may have used a whole gallon of gas or less and travel time much less and car in garage.
Where did you play today in TV for $28? Only one course, Hacienda Hills, and that course is a 40 minute ride in my cart. The 8 courses closest to the newest areas are all $32, except Palmer is $38. Then did you count how many rounds you played last year and divide that into $925, you failed to mention you have to be a Priority Member to get that cheap rate, then you should of added that to your green fee. Had you not been a Priority Member HH would cost $40, and all the others are $44 except Palmer which is $50. Now you know why some golfers play off campus.
Closed Thread

Tags
green, fees, cost, astounded, play

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.