Beware of Stone Creations

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2014, 12:46 PM
Exclamation Beware of Stone Creations

We used Stone Creations to enhance our driveway and it was not a good experience dealing with those people. First, we took pictures of other driveways they had done and asked them to duplicate the lines in one of their design selections. The center section of the design they laid was noticeably crooked and we requested it be corrected. They claimed it was our fault for asking them to do something out of the norm even though it was one of their standard design selections. They repaved the bad section but the next day we noticed the sealer did not blend in with the rest of the driveway and was not as glossy. That was in October 2013. We tried to contact them numerous times but were told the owners were "not available". On one occasion the receptionist hung up on my wife. Finally in January 2014 I threatened legal action and finally got a phone call. The owner again blamed us for for the problem but offered a small refund (less than 10%) or for an additional fee they would install some artwork in the defective area (smaller than the defective area). We settled on the refund. This company does good work but but their customer service is awful. Although their own paperwork says you only need to be on site at specified times I recommend you stay home whenever they are on-site to make sure the work is done to your liking. There is a language gap with some of the workers which may have lead to the problem.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:01 PM

Thank you SO much for sharing this not so good experience!!
Its made me think twice about hiring them!!
I am truly sorry that this happened to you!!
Old 02-18-2014, 08:27 PM

Sorry you had a bad experience with Stone Creatons. We had them do our driveway and we had a tremendous experience. Before we hired them we spoke with three homeowners in our area that used them and all were satisfied. We would use them again,
Old 03-15-2014, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddao View Post
We used Stone Creations to enhance our driveway and it was not a good experience dealing with those people. First, we took pictures of other driveways they had done and asked them to duplicate the lines in one of their design selections. The center section of the design they laid was noticeably crooked and we requested it be corrected. They claimed it was our fault for asking them to do something out of the norm even though it was one of their standard design selections. They repaved the bad section but the next day we noticed the sealer did not blend in with the rest of the driveway and was not as glossy. That was in October 2013. We tried to contact them numerous times but were told the owners were "not available". On one occasion the receptionist hung up on my wife. Finally in January 2014 I threatened legal action and finally got a phone call. The owner again blamed us for for the problem but offered a small refund (less than 10%) or for an additional fee they would install some artwork in the defective area (smaller than the defective area). We settled on the refund. This company does good work but but their customer service is awful. Although their own paperwork says you only need to be on site at specified times I recommend you stay home whenever they are on-site to make sure the work is done to your liking. There is a language gap with some of the workers which may have lead to the problem.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:33 AM

We, too, have had a good experience with Stone Creations. No problems with the quality of the work and we found their workers to be hardworking and very polite. Did have one minor issue later on and they came right out and fixed it for us. So far, so good.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:30 AM

We feel your pain...we too have been waiting since September for them to come out and repaint our lanai, just a bunch of no shows and rescheduling. We too are seeking legal counsel.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:35 AM
Email Reported As Spam

They rescheduled us so often we finally cancelled the job. Still looking.....I've read all the recommendations and NOT recommendations on here, and it's hard to decide. No matter who, some love them.....some not so much!

I've been warned off of Angie's list by other construction workers. Anyone use it and have you been happy with the recommendations??
Old 04-08-2014, 12:26 PM

Don't know if this will help or if you want the same technique as I had but, I contracted Go Concrete Design on three separate occasions and my experience was superior. They don't take a deposit and they make sure the customer is totally satisfied before they take payment.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:26 PM
Veteran member

I am trying to find the phone number for Go Concrete Designs. Anyone have it? Can't find them in the phone book. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2014, 02:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager View Post
I am trying to find the phone number for Go Concrete Designs. Anyone have it? Can't find them in the phone book. Thanks!
Go Concrete Designs | The Villages, FL Looks nice!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 04-08-2014, 07:54 PM
Veteran member

Thanks, Madelaine. I'm getting a quote later this week.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:53 PM

Their phone number that I found on the web is 352-598-3160
Old 07-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Sage

Thanks to all the warnings on TOTV about Stone Creations, we had no desire to try to schedule them to reseal the decorative concrete they originally installed three years ago. But we also didn't have any idea who to call.

We are grateful to the posters who mentioned GO Concrete Designs. We met with David and three weeks later the guys showed up as scheduled. They have just finished restoring the concrete on the driveway and resealing it plus all the other decorative concrete we have. We are very pleased.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:19 PM

Thank you for your post. We were just about to hire Stone Creations but your post and others probably saved us from making a mistake, thank you. We Villagers are all in the same boat so these posts are very helpful.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:03 PM

Sorry you had a bad experience with them. Ours was very good (we get many compliments on the work). You have to understand they advertise a one of a kind driveway coating that is done free hand by their excellent workers. Its not supposed to be a direct copy of another job. We are very pleased with it - its now two years old.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.